• Leighton Denny

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • OPI

Votes: 37 61.7%
  • Other, please state

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been using OPI for over ten years and they are fab, great colours (many with such depth and special finishes) but you do need to prepare your nails first to return them to the correct "PH" - i.e with "chip & skip" or "seche Prep". I have a few Leighton Denny, but they're not the same and I find don't last as long, even with a nail preperation first. One good thing about OPI too, is that they last and last. I still have a colour that I got 7 years ago ;) and it has never seperated and is still as good to use! I do have a bit of an addiction to OPI though and have loads and loads...:D

Definitely Leighton Denny for me, although I must admit that OPI have more choice of colours.

LD lasts longer and dries quicker on my nails. OPI takes forever to dry !

Leighton Denny looks great on me for more than 2 weeks. I get fed up with the colour before it is time to re-apply:D

OPI for me :)
Have been using the brand since the early days of QVC but nowadays I mostly buy from Salon Services/Sallys where they're much cheaper than QVC.
Nothing against Leighton Denny's as they last on me as does Nails Inc but I do adore OPI's colour range,Nail Envy & Avoplex.

1st - China Glaze- beautiful colours both traditional & fashion, different textures and finishes. Grear application,wear love the brush. Price good too.

2nd OPI- Colours don't seem as uptodate as China Glaze. not much selection in different finishes Don't like the prowide brush-seems too wide for my fingernails.

Nails Inc - just trying out the TSV

Think finding a good basecoat & topcoat that suits makes all the difference.

I use Nailtek II Foundation as my basecoat - Nailtek II Intensive Therapy (use this as a top coat, although this does not work as a topcoat for neon glitters eg China Glaze Blue Sparrow). Both Nailtek II's are excellent for peeling,flaking nails and now I am having to cut my nails every 2 weeks (well priced on ebay USA). :D

Think I will take a look at Nailtex , I have 2 nails which peel & nothing I have tried ( opi ,nail inc, prostrong , leighton denny , sally hansen ) have ever sorted them out !

xxx

OPI definitely but I like Nails Inc too.

OPI's Happy Anniversary is just brilliant! It is a shimmery silver which looks stunning as a top coat.

My all-time favourite was the Special FX, sadly they went bust :(
I love OPI's range of colours, but I don't find they're great quality for me - sometimes 2 coats isn't enough (with SFX I could frequently get away with one!), they take ages to dry and they chip quite quickly. I do succumb every now and then to a great colour though, and I actually love their topcoats.
I've never tried Leighton Denny, but he has some fab colours and he's on my hitlist when the right kit comes along.
I've only used a couple of colours from my Xmas Nails Inc TSV, but I found them great to use, they lasted well and they didn't chip, with nice coverage and easy to apply, so I think from the QVC brands they're my current favourite.
Outside of QVC, I did find another brand called Attitude which I think is made by the SFX people and is very similar, which I have a fair few of. But I was told a few weeks ago in Sally's that they are no longer being made too :(
I do hope they're wrong, and just trying to put me off because they no longer stock them. It was a bad visit to them, coz I'd mostly gone in for a new bottle of Speed Demon top coat (which is brilliant) and was told it was discontinued too! I walked out with nothing...:(

Anne,I've got some of those Attitudes polishes & they're quite good.
I'm sure they're made by Star Nails,the company who made Special FX (which was also known as Spangles)& was available in Sallys/Salon Services!!
Must have a look the next time I'm in there :)

no nail polish at all for me now just greenhands (green beautybible winner) or Dr Hauschka's neem nail oils - I don't have stained nails anymore (I used to have to paint them all the time as they were virtually orange even with using base coat) and I now have so much more time on my *ahem* hands :D:D

Nails Inc or OPI for me with ProStrong as my top coat, Leighton Denny's polishes peel off my nails within a few hours of me putting them on - a shame because I love his Bright and White polish but it's rubbish at staying on my nails.

no nail polish at all for me now just greenhands (green beautybible winner) or Dr Hauschka's neem nail oils - I don't have stained nails anymore (I used to have to paint them all the time as they were virtually orange even with using base coat) and I now have so much more time on my *ahem* hands :D:D

Lady Tia,

You said that you used to have stained nails, but not anymore. Can I ask which product you used, as I suffer the same problems on my toes, even though I use a base coat.

Many thanks,

T x
:Aflower1:

OPI for me - although I am also a lover of Nails inc. Unfortunately for me seche vite chips off my nail varnish much quicker than normal so nails inc caviar top coat all the way for me

Latest posts

Back