Is it just the women presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

None of the presenters irritate me that much, only AY and that's because she talks over the guest presenters which I think is terribly rude. It's one thing to be enthusiastic over a product but she should allow others to have their say, esp when they are the owners or spokespersons of the brand and may be a bit more knowledgeable!

I always thought I was on my own with thinking AY had a scrietching voice - until I found this forum.
I am obviously on my own, but I do not like Julian, and I also can not stand Craig. Jill I can take or leave, and the woman with the child voice does not bug me as much as Jill F. As far as Kathy Taylor is concerned I actually find it hard to watch what she is presenting as I lose interest very quickly with her,
...... and I used to think I was tolerant. lol have to change the mood to grumpy old hag I think.

None of the men really annoy me very much, other than Richard Jackson, although I'm not all that interested in gardening so rarely watch him anyway. Many of the women really do get my goat though - Debbie Greenwood (never seems to get a single sentence out without slipping over her teeth, in her own deluded world and can be very nasty); Julia Roberts (amongst many other things she thinks she's special just because she's short and is always banging on about her glory days as a dancer.......*rolls eyes*); Jill Franks ("Braaaaaaan Nnnneeeewwwww"........urgh); Claire Sutton (like Barbie for the real world - saccharine sweet and oh so delightful.....not); and Catherine Huntley (dull, dull, dull). But I don't think it's because they're women that they annoy me particularly, their personalities just don't 'speak' to me.

Like most people I like Pippa and Debbie - they seem quite normal and get on with it. I also like Claudia because she is a bit kooky and gorgeous to look at. My favourite male presenter is Anthony - he often makes mistakes particularly when doing In The Kitchen and looks like he has a sense of humour.
Cannot bear Alison's voice, and I think she looks a bit off for someone who has access to all these expensive products. Julia is vain and self centred and deluded about her size and attractiveness. You can tell she must have been a real spoilt little madam in her mum's dancing school. She is quite sharp with people around her if anything (details) goes wrong. Catherine is so dull and pedestrian and seems so in awe of every guest and product.
The others I can take or leave.

I cant stand Charlie !, that "reveal" he does with a ring box AGHHHHHHHHHH , I could cheerfully put my fist through the TV and punch his lights out :sad:, I also am not too fussed on Craig , I cant put my finger on why I dont like him but I dont !.
Dale is Ok , I really like Julian, Anthony is good on techy stuff.
I like Debbie,Kathy, Pippa and JR when she is not too full of herself, I do not like Jill Franks at all !.

i love julian....charlie i could take or leave him....dale is fun.....richard jackson stand like hes been shot in the back or standing at a urinal.....glen is glen & all you younguns should allow him for us oldies the old fashioned sometimes items he brings on.we all cant be stick insect thin & think a size 12 is HUGE like JF was saying last night it goes rightttttttt up to a 26-28 as though people of that size were like the people on american TV.....ann dawson i prefer not to watch as she keeps saying you know you know.......yes we KNOW...ali Y is getting silly over rthe cameras...why doesnt she let us look at how good or bad her skin is....shes over 40 me thinks & i know for sure her neck is to die for...gilly H can be very rude......once you notice it it SCREAMS...sara [ my daughter calls her giraffe neck [ not nice of her ]....she was trying the other day to talk down to the chap whos job is in precious stones ....catherine now shes pally with DB think shes the next crafting queen & said a comment along the lines of you too will be able to do it like me & dawn.........HELLO....anyway thats enough of slagging people off om sure they would think me fat & old & not very fashionable & should eat lettuce leaves......with that i shall crawl back under my stone....they wouldnt please us all even if they built robots now would they ???

Jill Franks annoys me, like crazy. So false and unnatural. AY, although she talks over other guests and buts in, none the less I like! I have learned so much from her. I love Pippa, she is very natural, appart from her, 'yeah, yeah, yeah' all the time which I never noticed until I read about it here!

I cant stand Charlie !, that "reveal" he does with a ring box AGHHHHHHHHHH , I could cheerfully put my fist through the TV and punch his lights out :sad:, I also am not too fussed on Craig , I cant put my finger on why I dont like him but I dont !.
I like Debbie,Kathy, Pippa and JR when she is not too full of herself, I do not like Jill Franks at all !.

There is somehting sexy about Anthony. I think it his asuredeness and technical knowledge, plus a naughty twinkle in his eye.

Perhaps I'm not so forgiving towards the male presenters - you've just reminded me of my loathing for Charlie's jewellery box antics - the 'reveal' is bad enough, but have you noticed how he spins them by the corners between his thumb and finger, and always looks at the camera when he's doing it as if it say "Look at this everybody, aren't I clever!!".......it's so annoying.........once he went to do it but it backfired and the box went spinning half way across the table. Twit.

Perhaps I'm not so forgiving towards the male presenters - you've just reminded me of my loathing for Charlie's jewellery box antics - the 'reveal' is bad enough, but have you noticed how he spins them by the corners between his thumb and finger, and always looks at the camera when he's doing it as if it say "Look at this everybody, aren't I clever!!".......it's so annoying.........once he went to do it but it backfired and the box went spinning half way across the table. Twit.

I'm so glad its not just me :grin::clapping:

Am I the only one who cannot abide Pippa ? Her grating voice, choice of clothes and her awful hair colours put me right off. And yet, she is a darn sight better than most of the other females, as I have the feeling she would be great company ! I think the reason so few male presenters are taken apart on here is that there are so few of them though. Sadly the best male presenter is no longer on any channel - Deano. He was like a loose cannon, but great to watch and listen to. You never knew what he was going to do next, and neither I suspect did he :giggle:

Sadly the best male presenter is no longer on any channel - Deano. He was like a loose cannon, but great to watch and listen to. You never knew what he was going to do next, and neither I suspect did he :giggle:
He was presenting on one of those other selling channels the other evening.
So not completely vanished.

Everyone seems to like Pippa, and I'm no exception.
I like Debbie Greenwood because she's fairly down to earth.
Jilly Halliday annoys me because she looks so old-fashioned - I keep wanting to tell her to get her hair cut to shoulder length and have her ears pierced.
Won't watch AY or JF if I can help it.

The male presenters don't particularly bother me, apart from R.J. who really irritates me.
Julian can tell me about his Grannie 'til hell freezes over, I'll still listen...:heart:

I like her long hair but would like to see her wearing pierced earrings as they would add to her nice looks
GC

Latest posts

Back