Tignanell TSV tomorrow

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I asked my son if he would buy it for me for my birthday and he said yes so I came on to change my payment and you lot have made me think again that I shouldnt get it :thinking2:

I am a bit worried about the magnetic clasp esp as I thought it would be good to carry my netbook in but now I am not sure :confused2:

I asked my son if he would buy it for me for my birthday and he said yes so I came on to change my payment and you lot have made me think again that I shouldnt get it :thinking2:

I am a bit worried about the magnetic clasp esp as I thought it would be good to carry my netbook in but now I am not sure :confused2:

sorry to put you off. I have personal experience with the stupid purse on the autside of the bag, which I always had on the body turned towards me, apart from the one time........
and it was irritating to say the least and spoiled a few lovely days away as a city break.
Saying that another friend of mine had her purse stolen last month in Barcelona from the inside of her handbag, which was closed with a magnetic fastener, the bag did not have a zip.

There are some negative feedbag points about the magnetic fasterners having wiped details of credit cards, but I have never met anyone towhom this actually happened. I have a lovely black tignanello bag with magnetic fastener (bought of e*** at half the price on QVC, the one that was a TSV with a matching purse about 7 month ago and is today in the Hot Pick section with 4 easy payments) and I am very happy with that one.
Besides, I am really grumpy today, so nothing is going to please me. lol

I fancy it - but I honestly don't need it, and I don't really like any of the colours!

I refuse to buy black handbags, they're so dull!

I'm s'posed not to be buying any more leather.

I'm off red at the moment..although I don't actually have a red bag and come the tweedy autumn when I'm wearing lots of black and grey I might feel the lack of one more keenly...

Spice looks a bit well...orange :eek:

Yellow is SO not me, and it's gone anyway - and whilst Ink is nice I think I prefer Indigo.

I do like the style though - even though I'm sure I'd never put anything in that back pocket and it doesn't have base studs to protect the leather when you put it down on the floor....:confused2:

That read rather like Good L A'kin :angel:-v- Bad L A'Kin :devil:. Hope good Love A'kin wins through, our glorious leader has been an inspiration! I bet you are only considering it because its on the telly, would you even give it a second glance in a shop full of fab handbags? Do a lot of the bags in this brand have the belt style design or have I just been catching the same bag over and over :confused2:?

I just heard Jill Franks say "You have got extortionate colours here"

Wha?????????????

I thought Alison Young was bad for butchering the language but this takes

the biscuit!

I also heard her use the "word" functionability. She could get a job with the Oxford English Dictionary's new words dept.

Linda xx

Bad Catkins, you said the 'PP' word! :doh: :grin:
Jill/Jilly are the worst for this, every time they say 'pricepoint' I want to throw a brick at the tele! Why can't they just say 'price' for Pete's sake? lol

I agree with you about the TSV though, I feel exactly the same way about it!

Sorry KWC it won't happen again!!:wink2:

That read rather like Good L A'kin :angel:-v- Bad L A'Kin :devil:. Hope good Love A'kin wins through, our glorious leader has been an inspiration! I bet you are only considering it because its on the telly, would you even give it a second glance in a shop full of fab handbags? Do a lot of the bags in this brand have the belt style design or have I just been catching the same bag over and over :confused2:?

I've definitely got an angel :angel: on one shoulder and a devil :devil:. on the other when it comes to shopping! :D So far today the angels are winning! :angel:

And you're right Tignanello do at least 7 other belted styles. They are all either variously too small or have the "wrong handles" or i just don't like the design. If this one was in a colour I loved it would be more of a dilemma but as it stands I am just about able to resist.

I do like the design -aprt from the cpocket and the absence of base studs so in bag shop, in the right colour, I might well make a bee line for it, but not in these colours I don't think.

Cheers hon. :flower: That's put Evil LA back in her box!

I would have bought this bag if it had a zip instead of the magnetic clasp, but it just would not be worth it in the long run if I lost stuff out of it, or wiped the info off my bank cards. However I do really like the look of the range and if the right one comes up with a zip I may well go for it...I'm justifying this on the basis I've recently sold some stuff on Ebay.

ooh I didnt know the magnetic clasps could affect cards that way,I am a bit behind the door as it were on that one,however I do like the look of the bag and the colours are nice too,especially the blue option,I am being good though and resisting at the mo,trying to save for a break in Oct !!!!!!
Pity theres no zip,a few more people on here would go for it I am sure if it had one

I must admit my fear of the magnetic clasp isn't based on having problems with one - although I did have a Boots Advantage card that stopped working after I put in the phone pocket next to my mobile. Might have been a coincidence, but I won't do that again! Most laptops / PCs etc., warn you in their manuals not to have a magnet next to the hard drive, and I know that magnets definitely affect the screen, so I don't think I'd want one only inches from my netbook.

But the worst thing with magnetic poppers is that they work OK if the bag is almost empty. Once the bag is pretty full, you can get gaps on either side of the popper that a hand could be slipped into, and all too often the poppers don't hold.

sorry to put you off. I have personal experience with the stupid purse on the autside of the bag, which I always had on the body turned towards me, apart from the one time........
and it was irritating to say the least and spoiled a few lovely days away as a city break.
Saying that another friend of mine had her purse stolen last month in Barcelona from the inside of her handbag, which was closed with a magnetic fastener, the bag did not have a zip.

There are some negative feedbag points about the magnetic fasterners having wiped details of credit cards, but I have never met anyone towhom this actually happened. I have a lovely black tignanello bag with magnetic fastener (bought of e*** at half the price on QVC, the one that was a TSV with a matching purse about 7 month ago and is today in the Hot Pick section with 4 easy payments) and I am very happy with that one.
Besides, I am really grumpy today, so nothing is going to please me. lol

Thats ok star its better to get all the facts first rather than waste money on postage. I did have my own doubts about having the purse bit on the outside of the bag for all to see
Its a shame that they are promoting it suitable for holding a netbook and I am surprised that they are selling so many bags with magnetic clasps when this could be a major problem to lots of people.
I quite fancy the hot pick with the purse and g*d knows where I was when this was a TSV as I never saw it :wonder2:
but it doesnt have a zip either :confused2:
I really like the buckle on the front of the bag and find the ones that dont have the buckle look a bit boring

If you like it Bluebell then go for it........

I do like it Jabba but am a bit concerned about the magnetic clasp and the damage it may do to my netbook or cards and mobile phone.
I have the ink of cheque hold so can still change my mind but I dont really NEED a new bag so will probably resist

I have the hot pick bag in black and cognac - couldn't make up my mind on colour so ordered both and ended up keeping both. Well I did have an easy pay voucher and it would have been rude not to use it. :grin:

I find the magnetic closure to be very strong. I always use the clasp to pull the bag in at the sides and find it very secure. I prefer the look of the bag "nipped in" at the sides.

I've also got the hot pick bag in red, and I've never had a problem with the magnetic closure. It's very strong and secure.

2 of my beloved Mulberry's have 2 magnetic clasps on the front flap and I have never encountered a problem with either of them regarding mobiles, cards etc.etc.

No gold/brass hardware on any of them (probably never will be) so I'm not tempted but I did like the colour block one in purple (except for the silver tone hardware).

I hope you love yours when it arrives Margaret.

Jan, I've posted some details in the vip section about a range of bags I've discovered recently where the hardware is antique brass. hth :hi:

i got the red one but was very tempted by the green suede tote. still continuing my search for a grey handbag that isnt 'mock croc', patent, covered in chains or the size of a small european country

I am trying to fart but Bluebell I think Tig bags are good. The fact is that they are drum dyed and will keep their colour and not show scratches or wear. There are good reviews already on the tsv - especiallty those who had blue. And borednow, they were showing a greyish bag on the B makowsy show two days ago.

Latest posts

Back