do you particularly stay up for tsv launch... - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Not anymore....used to years ago, but now i tend to check online in the morning. Like the others if there's a good one coming up LE,OPI,Smashbox then usually we all get to know about it before hand and cheat order

Post Thanks / Like

If I am at work I sneak a peek on the web either just after 12 or during the night,if I am not that interested then I dont usually bother until the next day.......sometimes I like to see what the hot picks are incase I am interested,I work 3 nights aweek so sometimes order via the web to be sure to secure my order
    I tend to only stay up at home if I am really after something,like kipling,l'occitane or yankee candles,or around Christmas if theres something special I want

iclaudipuss Guest

As a chronic insomniac, staying up doesn't enter into it, I'm always wide awake, but I can't say I ever tune in for TSVs these days, since they seem to be mostly crappy ones, and absolutely not worth viewing. Only ever bought beauty stuff from them, and the days when there were real bargains to be had in this area are long gone. I now buy my beauty stuff elsewhere, from Jayne or Beauty Expert, Salonskincare, HQHair, or Bath & Unwind. I simply refuse to pay extortionate p&p charges for extremely slow delivery, and will not, on principle, order more than one item when I'll be charged p&p for each separate purchase, that's just taking the p*ss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iclaudipuss View Post
    As a chronic insomniac, staying up doesn't enter into it, I'm always wide awake, but I can't say I ever tune in for TSVs these days, since they seem to be mostly crappy ones, and absolutely not worth viewing. Only ever bought beauty stuff from them, and the days when there were real bargains to be had in this area are long gone. I now buy my beauty stuff elsewhere, from Jayne or Beauty Expert, Salonskincare, HQHair, or Bath & Unwind. I simply refuse to pay extortionate p&p charges for extremely slow delivery, and will not, on principle, order more than one item when I'll be charged p&p for each separate purchase, that's just taking the p*ss.
    Yep - well said.

The only time I stay up for a TSV is Laura Geller, other than that I just wait till the morning if it's something I'm interested in - but more often than not I'm just not 'into' TSVs anymore. I have started to shop around more and look for bargains elsewhere - I used Salonskincare for the first time yesterday to buy some ABC Tea Tree stuff for my other half, and it worked out cheaper than QVC, Amazon also sell it now too. I use MyPure and Tesco Nutri Centre for all my Akin needs, and Liz Earle's website and CS are far superior to QVC so I buy direct from her...

Post Thanks / Like

I hardly ever go to bed before 1.30am - I simply love the peace and quiet when everybody else has gone to sleep! My Mum's the same and my Gran was the same before that, so it's a family habit. I get up at 7.30 to get to work by 8.45 but I often have a 15 minute nap after work. I rarely watch the TSV launch on TV unless it's craft, LE, Yankee or Tignanello like last night, but I'll often have a peek online if I'm working on the computer.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to set the alarm to get up at midnight if it was Philosophy, Gatineau, Smashbox, MB,BE, etc. My husband thought I was barmy as I sneaked out of bed. I am pleased to say that those days are long over. I can't remember the last time a TSV got me excited. In fact it takes a lot to get me excited these days.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to tune in at midnight when it was MB, L'Occitane, Smashbox, LE etc. But don't bother now. That's down to:

this forum getting the details way ahead of the launch
    the TSVs are now same old same old
    usually only want one or two items from TSV
    can get it cheaper elsewhere

and the main reason - I have wised up!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ashamed to say (as my name should suggest lol) that I used to stay up habitually and check. Particularly if a beauty one as my weakness.

However, nowadays I really am pretty well behaved and may just check in online to view what the TSV was if I am home late or else at breakfast on TV.

What happened that they lost addicts like me??????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by qvcAddict View Post
    Ashamed to say (as my name should suggest lol) that I used to stay up habitually and check. Particularly if a beauty one as my weakness.

However, nowadays I really am pretty well behaved and may just check in online to view what the TSV was if I am home late or else at breakfast on TV.

What happened that they lost addicts like me?
    ?????
    They got complacent, and expensive....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

if you watch the 11 pm prog, around 11.30 - 11.45 they usually have a quick preview with the presenter for the TSV, and they sometimes give you an idea of the price ie. under 30 pounds. So at least if the amount is well over your spend limit, then you can switch off an up to bed well before the clock strikes 12.