Smashbox TSV???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There was a subtle clue – Nina said that the mini Halo would last you three months which would mean that it would take you up to Christmas “when you will be ready for a full sized one”. I think this may mean that we will get a version of the US TSV they had earlier this year in December, with the full sized Halo included.

i do hope we get that tsv i really want it!!!theyll be on the next one over there by the time we get it :confused2:
they were really trying hard to flog the halo to go

After reading some reviews of Halo on MUA it is stated that it's best used as a finishing powder over liquid foundation. Can anyone tell me what the coverage is like with Halo? At the moment I'm using Clinique Almost Powder and the coverage is great. Would love to try Halo if it's part of a TSV but not sure about buying it independently in case the coverage is not great. x

I have not got back skin...i.e only have to cover the odd spot....and I find a few swipes and I have instant coverage. I find Halo very natural and gives me a gorgeous healthy glow. I also find if I do have a spot or the red mark left by one if I swirl the brush over it it goes away so kinda works as a concealer too.

Used BE for a few years but I find the look much better with Halo...and it sounds silly as they are both powder but the Halo grater makes it so much easier and cleaner to use. My BE always ended up all over me and my bedding!

After reading some reviews of Halo on MUA it is stated that it's best used as a finishing powder over liquid foundation. Can anyone tell me what the coverage is like with Halo? At the moment I'm using Clinique Almost Powder and the coverage is great. Would love to try Halo if it's part of a TSV but not sure about buying it independently in case the coverage is not great. x

I just use mine over a bit of concealer (the smashbox high def one is the best I have ever used) and it gives great coverage.

I also heard Nina say that about using the mini one for the three months till you would be ready for a full sized one - which made me think it will be 3 months till we get the tsv with one in. Also they usually do a 'try me' product a couple of months before you get a proper one as a tsv so you can have a play first and also then they get people ringing in or writing reviews on the product when they put it to air.

I just use mine over a bit of concealer (the smashbox high def one is the best I have ever used) and it gives great coverage.

I also heard Nina say that about using the mini one for the three months till you would be ready for a full sized one - which made me think it will be 3 months till we get the tsv with one in. Also they usually do a 'try me' product a couple of months before you get a proper one as a tsv so you can have a play first and also then they get people ringing in or writing reviews on the product when they put it to air.

I hope this is the case as I'm hanging on for the TSV in the hope that Halo is in there and that I don't run out of my Clinique one before then. I really like the Clinique one but I've noticed lately that my skin's becoming drier and so I can feel the makeup on my skin by the end of the day (does this make sense).

I hope this is the case as I'm hanging on for the TSV in the hope that Halo is in there and that I don't run out of my Clinique one before then. I really like the Clinique one but I've noticed lately that my skin's becoming drier and so I can feel the makeup on my skin by the end of the day (does this make sense).

Is this the Clinque one which is in the grater box like the halo Valm??? Cos I have just got some of this and it is almost as good as the halo - and it comes in more shades which you can test in the store.

No, but I didn't watch any of the shows.

Oh yes very rare, like nearly every Debenhams up and down the UK.

Ever feel the urge to take Alison out in the real world and show her round. Hey look, there is Smashbox counters, there are Prescriptives counters(until the 31st Jan 2010 of course), look Boots sells Urban Retreat stuff. Then to really blow her mind TKMaxx with its never ending range of Peckinsniffs, Philosophy,Korner,Louise Galvin widely available now.

Is this the Clinque one which is in the grater box like the halo Valm??? Cos I have just got some of this and it is almost as good as the halo - and it comes in more shades which you can test in the store.

No, it was the pressed powder compact. Will now have a nosey at this one. Like you say I find it easier to test the shades in-store.

I got the mini halo to go - it arrived today - its a lovely handbag size and has a screw top lid not the type with the crappy hinges (which break) on. Now how do we convince Smashbox that this is the way to go with the big size????

I'm really torn now that I've seen the Clinique version of Halo as it's cheaper than Smashbox but then it depends whether Halo is in the TSV and how good the value is. Does anyone know what the price of Halo on its own is as I can only find the price of it with a brush. I have a baby buki that I'm happy with so don't need another.

Have decided that if the TSV does not have Halo in it I'm gonna ask for it for a Xmas gift. x

Halo is always sold with the buki brush has it has to be applied with one. The full size with the buki brush is £50 RRP in shop. QVC did it with a large brush which was a much better quality brush.

Clinique has talc and bismuth in their, there has been a thread about the Clinique as bismuth is a major cause of skin allergy with so many people and its so hard to find the ingredients list too.

Halo is always sold with the buki brush has it has to be applied with one. The full size with the buki brush is £50 RRP in shop. QVC did it with a large brush which was a much better quality brush.

Clinique has talc and bismuth in their, there has been a thread about the Clinique as bismuth is a major cause of skin allergy with so many people and its so hard to find the ingredients list too.

Hi, have done a bit of digging around and have found the ingredients for the new Clinique Superbalanced make up which are:-

Talc, mica, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, zinc sterate, zinc laurate, dimethicone, bentonite, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, silica, hydrolyzed soy protein, glycerin, lauryl lysine, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, squalane, cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, lecithin, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahexyldecyl abscorbate, magnesium myristate, coconut acid, water, tetrasodium eta, chlorphensin, potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide 6.30% , iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride.

Compared to Smashbox Halo which are:-
Mica (CI 77019), Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Water (Aqua/Eau), Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexylacetone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium EDTA, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide 14, Dimethicone, Gold (CI 77480), May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Hope this is helpful to those ladies with sensitive skin. I'm not one of them and considerig the Almost Powder that I use now also contains talc and doesn't irritate me I think I'll still be watching to see if Halo is in the TSV or not. x

I just wish we has some idea WHEN this TSV is gonna beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

so do i :envy::giggle: i really WANT no NEED those colours!i bet like donna said theyll change the colours by the time we do get it!
i see there was a laura geller tsv suposed to be today on qvc USA but it got cancelled for some reason:sad: i got an email from LG about it!i wonder if well get that one than:thinking2:

No, but I didn't watch any of the shows.

Oh yes very rare, like nearly every Debenhams up and down the UK.

Ever feel the urge to take Alison out in the real world and show her round. Hey look, there is Smashbox counters, there are Prescriptives counters(until the 31st Jan 2010 of course), look Boots sells Urban Retreat stuff. Then to really blow her mind TKMaxx with its never ending range of Peckinsniffs, Philosophy,Korner,Louise Galvin widely available now.

Now Donna, you know everything according to Alison is "EXCLUSIVE" to QVC.....

I get Smashbox here.......... and everything else..

Latest posts

Back