Does It Annoy You...........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find it amazing when it is the company 'name' - Dennis Baasso, George Simonton, even our new adoptee Harald Pompoos:wink2:, who are amazed that their own product is selling at a special price / OTO / easypay- as if they were completely unaware - thereby showing their complete lack of knowldege of their own business.....
:wonder2::wonder2::wonder2:

At least they can use the excuse of being used to a different currency, so you can ALMOST understand them getting/pretending to be amazed ( maybe they just follow the example of the host thinking:" what price did I agree to anyway??" lol

I hate it when presenter who say "we are giving you this and giving you that" Surely if they are going to be giving things to me then I won't need to send any money! I also don't like it when DB says squirrels instead of swirls, leafs instead of leaves and lots more!

I agree completely with all the above posts. Spot on everyone. Thanks for the laughs I need them today.

It tends to annoy me more when they go on how affordable something is. Maybe it is to them, but what's affordable to some people isn't to others.

What really makes my blood boil is when they go on about ml for ml value and how some piddly little tube which has 2 squirts in it is worth £26 (something I heard AY say on a nighttime repeat the other day). :headbang::devil:

Oh and Catherine annoys me when she goes on about 5 star reviews - even if the product only has one she still brings it up. Enough already!!!

absolutely agree Cupcake...it annoys me even more when they compare the price of the item with the cost of a pizza.......yes, the item they're flogging might be the same price / cheaper than a pizza, but is it gonna feed the family???!!!???

Yes it annoys me when they have to check the price, also when Catherine goes on about the 5 star review. I know this off topic, but it annoys me when on beauty shows they put on too much make up on models and they look like clowns but everyone pretends not to notice.

Totally irritates me too, of course they're not genuinely surprised, do they really think we're that gullible? but as mentioned before, it's even more annoying when they take it one step further, and pretend to be "contacting the gallery" to verify the low price! ...Agghhhhh!:headbang:

The other thing that really, really gets my goat, is the way the auction channel presenters say a variation on this ......."Now where on earth could you get three t-shirts for £7.80?...well Primark for a start, but what they forget to take into consideration is the whopping £7.99 P&P, and of course if you've phoned your bid the £1.50 phone call, so to my reckoning that's a grand total of £17.29....Not so much of a bargain eh?

Yes it annoys me when they have to check the price, also when Catherine goes on about the 5 star review. I know this off topic, but it annoys me when on beauty shows they put on too much make up on models and they look like clowns but everyone pretends not to notice.

So true ...:giggle:

Black eye ?what black eye
Scarlet fever cheek ? (it's usually only one )
where ?I don't see nuffink ?

Oh yes indeeedy! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

It really annoys me, they do it on bidtv all the time, and they can't act so they look really stupid

Another thing that annoys me is when Claudia says "of course I could never wear this jewellery item as I am small - but it would look lovely on bigger women!" She is always saying things like this and turning her nose up at items as she is too perfect to wear them but other imperfect/poorer people would be OK with them...

.......When presenters pretend they can't believe a certain price is genuine because it's so low so they have to "get it checked" and then are even more gobsmacked when it's confirmed to be correct? Pull the other one!! (I know this isn't confined to QVC but it's the one channel I watch the most and hence am posting it here!)

It annoys me as well.

It also annoys me when 'presenters' say how much they wanted to buy certain 'desirable' items but failed to buy them before the 'presenters' came on air. Who are they kidding? Surely a 'presenter' is in a position to scan the various trolleys of goodies/ or hangers and phone through an order before going to air. Do they really assume that the punters have stuffing between their ears?

Another gripe is the suggestion that an article would make a lovely gift when going to a dinner party, instead of taking the usual wine, chocs or flowers - excuse me ? but I do not spend around £20 on a gift for my host ! I would stay in and order a takeaway it would be cheaper!

Nor, do I spend around £50 on a leather bag for a girl friend !!!!!

What planet are these presenters on ??? I think they all like to believe they are sooo above us plebs. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they are deciding which ghastly item from Indigo Moon, or Kim & Co etc that they have GOT to wear on air. Would Claudia REALLY wear Kim & Co in the circles she professes to mix in. I think not.

I like this thread. It's fun to be annoyed. It also annoys me that their leather handbags are so expensive. Much cheaper and of simular quality can be found down my local high street. They never put on eyeliner on properly either. It is always on too thickly on the upper lid. And they add and add and add the blusher. Stop at one application!

Another gripe is the suggestion that an article would make a lovely gift when going to a dinner party, instead of taking the usual wine, chocs or flowers - excuse me ? but I do not spend around £20 on a gift for my host ! I would stay in and order a takeaway it would be cheaper!

Nor, do I spend around £50 on a leather bag for a girl friend !!!!!

What planet are these presenters on ??? I think they all like to believe they are sooo above us plebs. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they are deciding which ghastly item from Indigo Moon, or Kim & Co etc that they have GOT to wear on air. Would Claudia REALLY wear Kim & Co in the circles she professes to mix in. I think not.

Yes it does seem like they think we are made of money when it comes to gift giving. Unless it's just me who is really tight when buying pressies!

On the clothing shoes it make me laugh when they are showing something awful and they say I could just imagine X wearing this kind of look it's very much their style. Of course X is a celebrity who wouldn't be seen dead in this item. It's not annoying it just amuses me and the thought of X's reaction if they saw this just adds to the amusement.

I've seen Simon Biagi do this a couple of times on jewellery shows...it's just embarrassing.
It was seeing him do it the other day that prompted me to start this thread, he's prolific when it comes to this, and it really is embarrassing, not to mention an insult to our intelligence.

It annoys me as well.

It also annoys me when 'presenters' say how much they wanted to buy certain 'desirable' items but failed to buy them before the 'presenters' came on air. Who are they kidding? Surely a 'presenter' is in a position to scan the various trolleys of goodies/ or hangers and phone through an order before going to air. Do they really assume that the punters have stuffing between their ears?

Telling us that they have recently bought something similar but paid more for it and it's not as good as the QVC item is a similar one that amuses me. Why didn't they look on QVC first?

Latest posts

Back