Prices Candles TSV 25th September

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thanks mariecat moderation is always the key!
i like the l'occitane room frgrancing oils and get them on .b..y as an alternative but as usual l'occitane have discontinued them!:flower:

Lisa Maxwell mentioned on Loose Women today that a shopping channel was having 24 hours of christmas shopping on Friday :D

Anyone found any details for this TSV yet?

I agree - if you are going to give them as gifts 5 candle snuffers would be ok - otherwise why would you want 5?

Apologies for steering the thread slightly off course for a moment, but I wanted to thank the FMs who posted a good tip elsewhere, only I can't remember where to thank them 'in person'.

It was the tip about using silicon muffin moulds to hold wax in your tart burners.

I was recently given an inexpensive but nicely scented candle. Unfortunately it tunnelled quite badly. Ordinarily I would've just used the shell to hold tealights, but instead I went along to my local 99p store and bought a set of mini muffin moulds. I've melted the remaining wax in my oil burner with no mess and enjoyed many more evenings of fragrance as a result. I may even bake some mini fairy cakes using the other moulds!

So thank you for another top tip.

Last edited:
I love candles to give and recieve.

Haven't been at all interested in this TSV - I love yankee candles but don't even buy them from QVC because the P&P is stupidly high.

Now i've seen the pics of this - I think they are great gifts - but of course that depends on the price!

I wouldn't want to pay more than a fiver as gifts for each of these - and the P&P is bound to be ridiculous!

They do look pretty nice but I still have YC candles that I've earmarked for gifts and the only other candles I want to buy are some festive wax tarts for my new Xmas burner.

I usually buy candles as a staple gift for teachers but my daughter has now started a new school and her tutor is a man so think that is now out. What is the etiquette when your child is at secondary school, surely you don't all buy for different teachers? x

They do look pretty nice but I still have YC candles that I've earmarked for gifts and the only other candles I want to buy are some festive wax tarts for my new Xmas burner.

I usually buy candles as a staple gift for teachers but my daughter has now started a new school and her tutor is a man so think that is now out. What is the etiquette when your child is at secondary school, surely you don't all buy for different teachers? x

i don't buy for secondary school teachers - not even the tutor <sorry!>

I've done all my buying in primary school - I think a card is good enough for the tutor at xmas!

I've recently left teaching(too much bloomin paperwork) i've taught in both primary and secondary schools. In the primary school we were given masses of candles, smellies and chocs at xmas and the end of the year. In secondary we were lucky if the parents even said thank you!!
without sounding slushy the thing i liked receiving most was a card thanking me for a lovely year.Teachers really appreciate that.:up2:

Prices Candles Set of 5 Festive Scented Candles with Gift Bags & Snuffers
Item Number: 758568
QVC Price £24.25
Today's Special Value Price £19.95
Availability In stock
UK P&P £5.45

Bring the scents of Christmas to your home with this Price's Candles collection. You'll get five boxed jar candles in wonderful festive scents that are bound to have you reminiscing about Christmases gone by. There's Figgy Pudding, CrŠme Caramel, Victorian Spice, Chocolate Log and Mulled Wine. Great for giving as individual Christmas gifts, each candle comes with a snuffer and stylish organza bag. Price's are candle experts and have been the candle supplier of the Royal Family since 1830. Each candle burns for about 30 hours and weighs about 0.36g.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.758568

i think its a good price - I would be tempted for work colleagues - but I'm not purchasing - I'm a FARTER:happy:

I am a secondary school teacher, it tends to be the kids at the school who decide to give a present to individual teachers who might have helped a lot on a specific issue at our school, so it is a personal thing between student and teacher, it is more when a teacher is leaving or when Yr 11/13 leave that there are big present events. Christmas is such a expensive time, and your daughter would have about 12 different subject teachers, so it would be very expensive.

I must admit, I've gone for this one.

I've got to seriously cut back on Christmas this year as we're having some work done on the building and I've got to find my third of £4,000 - Great timing eh? :sad:

Thought these would be good gifts for my manager, family friends etc. Thought if they're small, I can always see what offers Thorntons have on nearer to Christmas and put the two together. It will still work out less than I would normally spend.

I bought this set today. Pressies for neighbours etc. rather than a bottle of wine!!

Em xXx

Latest posts

Back