diet product overload - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Thank you , my Lovely, I'm thrilled too. I had been skinny all my life until 6/7 years ago
    Snap. I was picked on as a child for being skinny, and was a very slim size 8 until 10years ago when I worked permanant nights for some years and piled on four stone.

I sit in a very strange camp. I have in my head a view about being overweight, and how it affects health, and when I was thin I was one of those knockers who thought that all fat people could easily lose weight if they cut down the food and did some exercise. In a way some of those thoughts (I'm ashamed to say) have never really left me, and being a health worker, I really think that people should help themselves.

However, with my own long journey losing weight, and knowing what a challange it can be has made me appretiate the struggles that folk have (me included). I think what I dont like are excuses for not trying.

I think that basically as long as people make a true effort to lose weight, I have every sympathy for the daily battles they have.

I know it can be done, and I know it is not easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Choppysocks View Post
    Snap. I was picked on as a child for being skinny, and was a very slim size 8 until 10years ago when I worked permanant nights for some years and piled on four stone.

I sit in a very strange camp. I have in my head a view about being overweight, and how it affects health, and when I was thin I was one of those knockers who thought that all fat people could easily lose weight if they cut down the food and did some exercise. In a way some of those thoughts (I'm ashamed to say) have never really left me, and being a health worker, I really think that people should help themselves.

However, with my own long journey losing weight, and knowing what a challange it can be has made me appretiate the struggles that folk have (me included). I think what I dont like are excuses for not trying.

I think that basically as long as people make a true effort to lose weight, I have every sympathy for the daily battles they have.

I know it can be done, and I know it is not easy.
    Yes, yes, yes, to those three points.
    Speaking for myself, it made me feel somehow, unworthy, as if I didn't deserve nice things because I was fat. I developed a love of shoes and handbags because at least they always fitted.One is definitely treated differently by shop assistants, as if the fatter you become, the more invisible you suddenly are! I would never judge anyone by their size now, whereas in the thin old days I may have done.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry shame on qvc!

the price is ridiculous and the concept is old hat. meal replacements are everywhere now from boots,superdrug,iceland and all the major supermarkets.
    you can buy shakes,buiscuits and ready meals for a few pennies a meal...
    what a con this is ...

at the bottom where there is text it says something about 500-700 calories a day if you lived on that you would lose the weight very fast but that would not be sustainable...

celebrities do these fast diets to lose weight to be uber slim they rarely are mobidly obese in the first place.

the money would be best placed joining a slimming club and a gym. overeating is an addiction like drink,cigs and even drugs and people who suffer from obesity problems should be helped not conned into this faddy rubbish!

160 a month the only pounds you would lose in the long term is monetry kind.

shame on qvc!

Post Thanks / Like

My advice when dieting is to be very harsh on yourself for about a week to shrink your stomach so it becomes easier after that to eat smaller portions. Don't waste money on a gym, go jogging or skipping - you can do it anytime and almost anywhere at no cost, plus you get fresh air which is healthier and burns the calories quicker. The TSV sounds quite good but there will be days when its impractical to stick to it so just devise your own diet plan. Don't line the pockets of other people!