diet product overload - Page 3





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Underworld
    Posts
    859
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Sorry Choppysocks, but that is too much weight far too quickly. The dietian has told me the ideal is half a stone in a month to six weeks.
    Yeah I know its above what they recommend 1-2lbs per week, but I'm not knocking it! Time will tell if it all piles back on!


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cheshire..not the posh part!
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    An initial weight loss usually includes a lot of excess fliud from the body but I've heard that 1lb a week is the average weight loss on a sustained diet. That means a decrease in 3,500 calories so if you plan to cut down what you eat by 500 cals on a daily basis you'll lose 1lb a week. Seemples!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Underworld
    Posts
    859
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fairynuff View Post
    An initial weight loss usually includes a lot of excess fliud from the body but I've heard that 1lb a week is the average weight loss on a sustained diet. That means a decrease in 3,500 calories so if you plan to cut down what you eat by 500 cals on a daily basis you'll lose 1lb a week. Seemples!
    Thats my understanding too so it should continue at 1lb per week for me.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Choppysocks View Post
    Yeah I know its above what they recommend 1-2lbs per week, but I'm not knocking it! Time will tell if it all piles back on!
    5lb loss in the first couple of weeks on this kind of diet can almost be expected tbh, as fairynuff says some of this weight will be fluid so once you settle into the programme then an average of 1lb pw is normal weight loss. You're only trying to lose a relatively small amount of weight so I think you'll reach your goal without the plateau often experienced on low cal plans - ie when your body gets used to low cal and compensates to stop you wasting away.

    I know that your goal for this plan is only short term so if you return to a healthy eating pattern after this plan, taking with you everything you have learned about portion size, then I think you really can keep it off, you're a sensible lady when it comes to food and diet!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    That's what people who don't need to diet, always say. I can assure you that even with vast reserves of will power and common sense, some people's bodies resist losing weight, it's not all about calorie intake. Often, it's about finding the right diet for you. I eventually discovered that I wasn't consuming enough calories, even on sensible well-known diet plans. Low carb, high fat works for me - it certainly doesn't work for, or appeal to, everyone. I am not, and never have been, a couch potato either, so please don't jump to conclusions.

    As for this diet plan, It wouldn't appeal to me and I think it's a hard regime to follow for months. However, it's what many of the rich and famous do and many like to emulate them by copying beauty regimes, exercise plans etc., this is no different. My only gripe, apart from the expense is that it isn't the Lifestyle change needed to lose weight and keep it off, but it's handy for people who want all the thinking done for them.

    I think you will find, if you read my post, that at no point did I insinuate that anyone who finds it difficult to lose weight is a couch potato. The reason for my post was to highlight the way in which companies take advantage of such people.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,600
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This would never work for me as I have no will power. I would work my way through all the snacks in a few days, could not ration them out over the month. The only way I could follow the diet is if the meals were delivered to me everyday, which I guess is how the A list celebs get theirs!

    (Mind you all this has to change now I have type 2 diabetes).

    Linda xx

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ERICS MUM View Post
    This would never work for me as I have no will power. I would work my way through all the snacks in a few days, could not ration them out over the month. The only way I could follow the diet is if the meals were delivered to me everyday, which I guess is how the A list celebs get theirs!

    (Mind you all this has to change now I have type 2 diabetes).

    Linda xx
    I'm the same, Linda. I can't have cakes or biscuits in the house as they 'call' me and insist I take them out of the cupboard and eat them all at once. ;)

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Artemis, Greece
    Posts
    1,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louise66 View Post
    I think you will find, if you read my post, that at no point did I insinuate that anyone who finds it difficult to lose weight is a couch potato. The reason for my post was to highlight the way in which companies take advantage of such people.
    I apologise unreservedly, you didn't say that and I shouldn't have implied that you did. I had had a similar conversation earlier in the day with a (skinny) acquaintance who said that all overweight people just needed to cut calories and get off their backsides and do some exercise. Oh, if only it was that simple! She had related it to the fact that it has taken me "a whole year" to lose 4 stones - something of which I'm very proud.
    I had spent the previous 5 years controlling calories and exercising like mad with no result, so I still take issue with your remark that all it takes is will-power and common sense as I have both those qualities in abundance. However, I was rude and out of order.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cheshire..not the posh part!
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A 4st weight loss in a year is quite an achievement so give yourself a massive pat on the back Artemis! I know as we get older our metabolic rate seems to slow down and our bodies seem to function on fewer calories, but you sound as if you are doing really well so take no notice of "knockers"!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Artemis, Greece
    Posts
    1,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fairynuff View Post
    A 4st weight loss in a year is quite an achievement so give yourself a massive pat on the back Artemis! I know as we get older our metabolic rate seems to slow down and our bodies seem to function on fewer calories, but you sound as if you are doing really well so take no notice of "knockers"!
    Thank you , my Lovely, I'm thrilled too. I had been skinny all my life until 6/7 years ago when I suffered depression and virtually stopped eating. It obviously affected my metabolism because when I got my appetite back, I just grew and grew until I was 6 stones overweight. I wasn't comfort eating, just regular portions. No matter what I did, I couldn't shift it until I changed to low carb which really suits my body, apparently.Just another 2 stones to go! It's bliss being able to go into "normal" shops again for clothes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •