Quality, Value and Convenience ....you gotta be kidding !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RedorDead

Registered Shopper
I so hate to sound like a moaning minny but in the past 5 years I have been shopping with QVC I cant believe how less Q V C I am getting from the "UK's No.1 Shopping Channel"

Value - Well to me the prices are no different than in the shops especially for branded items and once you add on the ridiculous postage prices they are often more expensive.

Convenience - Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, I dont have any physical disabilities ( as they constantly quote )that would stop me going to the shops and I live in London so there isnt too much "inconvenience" shopping normally.

Quality - Has become appauling ! Not only did I send back the Skagen TSV because of the broken clasp and tarnished strap, I also sent back the last B&W TSV because the earrings were damaged and yesterday when a skirt from YBF arrived - I was amazed to find that around the hips was totally bobbly( like someone had worn a top that had rubbed against the fablric) and the colours had run. Clearly its been worn by someone else!

It will be interesting to see what CS say THIS time.
:mad:

Yes and they are so fond of telling us that products never get sent out to someone else liar liar etc.....

I've barely bought anything from them recently because there's just no incentive anymore.

The only things I'm buying from them now are Laura Geller products (because I can't find them anywhere else in the UK - although I do check Ebay first to see if I can find what I want on there cheaper) and Philosophy (and usually only if it's on easy pay).

Shopping Channels add Value when they bring new and innovative products (so long as they work) that are difficult to get elsewhere.

These products often trickle down to the high street many years later.

E.g. As mentioned in a different post I was buying Simple Green Degreaser first from QVC then direct from the supplier for years. In the past two years degreaser products have arrived on almost every supermarket shelf under the common brand names like Cilit.

In a similar vein a few years ago it was quite hard to get Easiyo but now Lakeland and others stock the product at better prices.

Microfibre cloths were once the exclusive domain of the shopping channels and are now found everywhere. The same with lockable storage boxes

This transition to the high street is in no small part due to the shopping channels.

If you are going to buy items that are available on the high street then Value almost certainly doesn't enter into it. It is nearly always possible to find a better price somewhere

So for me a purchase it has to be down to the Quality of a known product and the Convenience of not having to hunt around for it elsewhere or make a trip.

The one thing that would add Value for me would be the ability to group purchases into a single delivery with a fixed P&P cost. To add £3.99 to a £8.59 item is ridiculous and often stops me buying/trying items

Stuart

I so hate to sound like a moaning minny but in the past 5 years I have been shopping with QVC I cant believe how less Q V C I am getting from the "UK's No.1 Shopping Channel"

Value - Well to me the prices are no different than in the shops especially for branded items and once you add on the ridiculous postage prices they are often more expensive.

Convenience - Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, I dont have any physical disabilities ( as they constantly quote )that would stop me going to the shops and I live in London so there isnt too much "inconvenience" shopping normally.

Quality - Has become appauling ! Not only did I send back the Skagen TSV because of the broken clasp and tarnished strap, I also sent back the last B&W TSV because the earrings were damaged and yesterday when a skirt from YBF arrived - I was amazed to find that around the hips was totally bobbly( like someone had worn a top that had rubbed against the fablric) and the colours had run. Clearly its been worn by someone else!

I havent in the past had any problems with QVC, until i ordered the Skagen watch and am awaiting its delivery! Maybe there are quality issues as so many products are made in huge quantities and quickly. I cant believe they would send something thats been worn by another person, thats shoddy
practice unless it was a mistake:eek:. Imagine getting someone elses, Slim and Fits ( i think thats their name) YUCK!!! Lol.

In the last month, I have had to send back three items, because they were either broken or they didn't work.

:eeyore1:

Shopping Channels add Value when they bring new and innovative products (so long as they work) that are difficult to get elsewhere.

These products often trickle down to the high street many years later.

E.g. As mentioned in a different post I was buying Simple Green Degreaser first from QVC then direct from the supplier for years. In the past two years degreaser products have arrived on almost every supermarket shelf under the common brand names like Cilit.

In a similar vein a few years ago it was quite hard to get Easiyo but now Lakeland and others stock the product at better prices.

Microfibre cloths were once the exclusive domain of the shopping channels and are now found everywhere. The same with lockable storage boxes

This transition to the high street is in no small part due to the shopping channels.

If you are going to buy items that are available on the high street then Value almost certainly doesn't enter into it. It is nearly always possible to find a better price somewhere

So for me a purchase it has to be down to the Quality of a known product and the Convenience of not having to hunt around for it elsewhere or make a trip.

The one thing that would add Value for me would be the ability to group purchases into a single delivery with a fixed P&P cost. To add £3.99 to a £8.59 item is ridiculous and often stops me buying/trying items

Stuart

100% right, I never understood eeZee tv they had a calalogue of good items than would make great demos but went down the boring route. now JML have some great products but are going to do a Live Jewellery Channel, makes no sense to me.

Ah, should have read this before starting my thread on returns being sent out - just got somebody else's Louise Galvin this morning !

It all depends...

Hi all,

I agree with everyones comments so far.
I want to just add that sometimes there are items that are good value so
you have to be discerning.
The p&p is always ridiculous as we already knowand I suspect they must make some profit for them to do this. I cant believe their fancy state of the art warehouses make the p&p so expensive. I think there was a thread on here some while back saying just how little QVC do pay on the p&p.
Must have been at the time of the postal strikes.

Its the same with EBAY. Not everything is a bargain by any means. Some
items save you money and others you most definitely dont. Individual BN sealed cosmetics are usually cost effective with EBAY but for example kitchen items may not be because of hefty p&p charges.
I think that you can get some very good deals on QVC when it comes to some of their cosmetic TSV's but these seem to be coming along less frequently.

I find the P&P a rip off and other companies are worse:rolleyes:,
I'm sure all my packages recently have been 2ND Class deliveries,you'd
expect a first rate service for the prices we pay. :eek:

I got 2 pairs of crop trousers from ybf a couple of months ago and in between the legs were all bobbly as though they had been worn and one pair had a hole kind of like a ladder in your tights:eek: - will definately never buy ybf again (sorry stacey if you read this!)

I agree with everything so far but

I think some of the jewellery is excellent value and, more importantly, much better designs than you see on the high street. Most of the stuff in jewellers' windows is so samey, and much more expensive than QVC. I've picked up some fantastic bargains in jewellery on last clicks.

The p and p charges are laughable.

P and P should be geared into the price quoted - they don't offer a collection option!

To charge two lots of p and p if say you buy two different colour tops is almost an insult.

I usually only buy beauty TSVs now - and then only if I think I will use all the items and they are of a reasonable size.

I agree with everything so far but

I think some of the jewellery is excellent value and, more importantly, much better designs than you see on the high street. Most of the stuff in jewellers' windows is so samey, and much more expensive than QVC. I've picked up some fantastic bargains in jewellery on last clicks.

I agree, jewellery last clicks is where QVC really proves good value...

I agree, jewellery last clicks is where QVC really proves good value...

That's where most of my QVC spending is directed at the moment, too....

Quality.... well yes, but then I only really buy Last Clicks jewellery & what's considered to be top end beauty products. There was a lot of non-quality (TAT!) on yesterday:eek:

Value... yes, but only because I'm very selective (otherwise known as on old skinflint)

Convenience.... again yes, but only because I like to buy heavy-ish things that I'm too lazy to carry around the shops. It helps that I live five minutes walk from the Royal Mail sorting office so it's easy to pick things up if I'm not in when they're delivered.

Quality, Value and Convenience? Yes, for some of the items for some of their customers some of the time. Not such a snappy slogan, that!

That's where most of my QVC spending is directed at the moment, too....

Quality.... well yes, but then I only really buy Last Clicks jewellery & what's considered to be top end beauty products. There was a lot of non-quality (TAT!) on yesterday:eek:

Value... yes, but only because I'm very selective (otherwise known as on old skinflint)

Convenience.... again yes, but only because I like to buy heavy-ish things that I'm too lazy to carry around the shops. It helps that I live five minutes walk from the Royal Mail sorting office so it's easy to pick things up if I'm not in when they're delivered.

Quality, Value and Convenience? Yes, for some of the items for some of their customers some of the time. Not such a snappy slogan, that!

I'm beginning to think like that Jantaculum. Good beauty TSVs and some of the gemset jewellery are still woth the cash.

BTW, your new avatar nearly melted my head earlier. It's class!

Latest posts

Back