do you watch other shopping channels - why?/why not?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

People who say QVC have the best presenters are wrong. Mike mason on bid-up.tv (AKA bid tv) was named the best ever tv shopping presenter. Claire Stuart on Bid tv/price-drop tv has been known as the fittest shopping tv presenter and James russell on Bid tv to be the fittest male on shopping tv.

I dont know if you know this but peter simon on bid tv has been asked by IW and QVC if he wants to go on their channel and QVC were prepared to offer him a slarie of 30% more than some of their presenters so bid tv cant be that bad!!

I don't watch QVC because the presenters are "fit", just if I'm interested in the product. Who on earth makes these strange awards? It all sounds like trashy magazine stuff to me. Neither do I understand why people are so interested in their private lives, but that's life, I guess..........:dull::dull:

I occasionally flick over to the other channels for amusement value and am always amazed at how trashy they are. Can never watch for long owing to the fact that the people on them are so ghastly. :thinking2:

Surprised they haven't asked Kerry Katona to become a presenter - I hear she is looking for a job. That seems to be about the level of customer they are aiming at. :rock:

I tried to endure a whole beauty hour on Ideal World once and got really irritated by the whole thing that I was saying to myself '10mins left and they'll get on the to next product' but they don't. I think they must all go to a special presenters training school where they learn to drone on about one item for a whole hour. There is just something about them that don't inspire me to purchase from them.
And as for the other channels...just dreadful! :giggle:

QVC's the best. Good if you want to buy something and good if you don't, like backgroung music. IW I find is like a market stall, not very classy and very hard sell (appart from Loen who I think is very natural). It is hard to watch unless there's something I want from them which is not that often. The models talk too much I just want them to shut up like they do on QVC. IW do too much of the same products and for too long like Kartcher, small ovens and Tom Tom's. Gems tv I watch for about 2 minutes a week but never buy, also tooopushy for me. Sometimes I watch price drop out of curiuosity but have to turn it off as it makes me feel edgy.

I have in the past shopped with Sit-up channels, and have had some great branded items at superb prices, that said, their CS can be decidedly iffy! IW i only watch when Dave Bradfords jewellery cleaner is on and i need to stock up supplies....it's the only "jewellery cleaner" that gets near my bling!

Now, QVC for the main part are good,however some of their presenters Jill Franks, AY, Anne Dawson etc totally make me reach for the remote. I do concede tho that QVC are the best shopping tv channel, and their CS is usually 100%, however i wish their P+P costs and delivery times were better.

Latest posts

Back