do you watch other shopping channels - why?/why not?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i'll watch IW for the fashion hours ;) wonderful entertainment value.

Have occasionally dropped in to watch IW, after reading some of the IW threads, particularly the ones on Moira C and her 'it'sacarp' products. At first, I sat stunned, my jaw dropping to my toes: it was so excruciating. And then I just laughed. I really couldn't believe some of the presenters' drivel; it was on a par with that of J.Ol' Scrawny Franks.:smirk:

But what is it with that stupid klaxon that seems to go off every minute, that would annoy the life out of me.:angry: Whose ever idea it was to have that noisy klaxon, should be taken round the back, and get a good seeing to, and I don’t mean that in a nice way.:giggle::down:

Oh yes, I forgot about that! So not only was the guy saying 'M'Ok' every few seconds & waving his hands about in a pathetically hopeful fashion but there was also this ruddy klaxon!
I perked up a bit at the point, hoping it might signal he was about to be mown down by a train or something if he didn't shift the tat in time but sadly it was not to be........truly disappointing & a bit of an anti-climax really! :giggle:

I only watch QVC, but i have popped over to the others if im bored and nowt else on, just to have a nosey. Qvc are like family and the others are the annoying neighbours.

Sat watching the Sky travel channel for ages at the weekend, has anyone ever bought a holiday from them?

There is an interesting knife set on one of the channels, i think its called 'miracle blade'? has anyone seen these, they look good or am i just getting sucked in?

I only watch QVC, but i have popped over to the others if im bored and nowt else on, just to have a nosey. Qvc are like family and the others are the annoying neighbours.

Sat watching the Sky travel channel for ages at the weekend, has anyone ever bought a holiday from them?

There is an interesting knife set on one of the channels, i think its called 'miracle blade'? has anyone seen these, they look good or am i just getting sucked in?

Toadette, I fear that you're in need of Love A'kin and fellow FARTs:thinking2:

Hi Toadette, have you read our f.a.r.t.s thread. I don't think you need miracle knives or a holiday from Sky travel. Be strong, only buy things you really need and f.a.r.t like crazy. Love A'kin is not the best forum member to turn to at the moment for advice as she has been spending like a mad woman over the weekend.

Ive been a bit vulnerable due to health issues lol, I take it thats a no regarding the Sky holidays then???

I work term time and theres no doubt,i'm more sucked in and drawn to qvc in the school holidays...I seem to be less vulnerable when I'm working!

Poor you. if you need a holiday of course you can go. I have never found Sky Travel to be particularly cheap. I would compare them with several other places before deciding. Hope you find something nice.

two words: Production Values.

QVC have come in leaps and bounds in the past few years in terms of professionalism. remember some of their cheap and tacky promos? now everything is very slick (shame about some of the products) and it just looks much glossier than the others whilst still having the camp value of tv shopping.

you only have to look at the ad on ST.com (scroll up) for an unpaid amateur craft guest on DM Digital TV. i'm sorry but what the hell do they expect to get for that offer?

lets face it, if im going to be teased by my friends for watching tv shopping at least i'm watching the best one.

Oh yes, I forgot about that! So not only was the guy saying 'M'Ok' every few seconds & waving his hands about in a pathetically hopeful fashion but there was also this ruddy klaxon!
I perked up a bit at the point, hoping it might signal he was about to be mown down by a train or something if he didn't shift the tat in time but sadly it was not to be........truly disappointing & a bit of an anti-climax really! :giggle:
I think a tumbleweed graphic would be more appropriate.:grin:

Presentation is everything - QVC is slick and professional in comparison to the others. The presenters on the whole dont seem to be trying the hard sell like some of the others. You can have it on in the background and it doesnt

IW sells bits and bobs while trying to portray anorganised and efficient business manner but just ends up looking like the poor relation. The presenters are just like polished t**ds to me.

Never watch the auction type channels as they are too manic and to be honest, i have no idea how they even work!

I don't watch other channels but have caught them while flicking through with the remote and I have to say they seem so TRASHY! I think QVC has much better presenters and the whole approach is more upmarket.

I sometimes have a quick peek at Ideal World tho I do wonder in whose world any of that stuff is "ideal".....when I go back to QVC it's like picking up a copy of Vogue after flipping through Take a Break.

IW for a laugh :giggle:

Price drop and bidtv sometimes, if it's a presenter I like

I find some QVC presenters too much to bear, especially Charlie, Kathy, Ali "Marge" Keenan, Claudia the snob

These days I mainly watch QVC if I do watch and rarely watch the sit up channels nowadays, tend mostly to check out the website. Haven't bought anything from IW for years, far too many problems with their CS. I always use to watch Steve Whatley(RIP), if I could, what a salesman and entertaining to boot imo. Occassionally I pop over to the jewellery channels but again very infrequently.

I have bought some items from the sit up channels, usually branded items and again many years ago when there were bargains to be had. Same with the jewellery channels. Certainly couldn't have afforded my gorgeous violet/blue tanazinte from the High Street or QVC. Personally I have found that most of the shopping channels I've watched have a fair amount of tat items together with some good bargains. Or maybe I just have chavtastic tendencies:D;)

two words: Production Values.

QVC have come in leaps and bounds in the past few years in terms of professionalism. remember some of their cheap and tacky promos? now everything is very slick (shame about some of the products) and it just looks much glossier than the others whilst still having the camp value of tv shopping.

you only have to look at the ad on ST.com (scroll up) for an unpaid amateur craft guest on DM Digital TV. i'm sorry but what the hell do they expect to get for that offer?

lets face it, if im going to be teased by my friends for watching tv shopping at least i'm watching the best one.

Great post!:rock:

The other channels remind me of QVC when it started - only a few products to sell (a lot pretty rubbish) so they yammer on about them for ages and ages. Also the presenters seem more amateur in comparison - some of them are so hyper and shouty I find it off-putting to watch for very long. QVC has it's faults for sure but on the whole they seem to have their act together and to me come across as more trustworthy and professional in comparison to the rest.

I used to watch Bid & Pricedrop now and again but don't anymore, I just can't tolerate them now. Whenever I switch to IW they always have a Karcher Pressurewasher, Ladders, Eyesential or Craft craft and more craft - all of which bore me to tears. so I don't watch that either now. I occasionally have TJC on in the morning and I know that I'm safe to watch them as I don't buy anymore because of their delivery system. QVC is much more professional, but a bit dull at the moment, so I don't watch much either.

Never watched any other shopping channel for more than about 20 seconds as they are so tacky, cheap, naff and the presenters are so chavvy. (Sorry, utterly snobby, I know.) The auction channels are beyond belief, how can anyone believe it's not fixed or managed in some way?

I am amazed we still don't have HSN here in the UK (Home Shopping Network), it's the only serious rival to QVC. (and I want to buy Serena Williams' jewellery and handbags from HSN because I love her and I'm very very sad.)

Latest posts

Back