Stacey Schiefflin / YBF Appreciation thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, Stacey is great fun and very informative on make-up tips. Pity it's not higher-grade products she's fronting tho'. I think the points Watersiren made are spot-on.

I noticed that she seemed really choked when she said she wouldn't be back for a long long time, I thought she was close to tears and wondered if they are cutting YBF. something was really upsetting her.:confused2:

I know, as Bluebell said, they always say they won't be back for ages so you buy more (lol) & also that she is supposed to be back at Christmas but it certainly did seem more like a 'farewell' then a temporary 'goodbye'......? :thinking2:

I adore Stacey. She is the kind of woman I wish I was myself. She is confident without being catty and appears to really love and appreciate everyone who calls and texts in.

If there were more Staceys in the world it would be a better place.

I missed the shows as I am not getting a look in at the moment and during the school hols with the tv. I also didn't realise she was on and so didn't record anything to watch on my own. I do hope Stacey will be back although I too think the whole fight with QVC US and YBF range seems to have taken the stuffing out of her. We need strong women role models and I find Stacey inspirational yet real enough to believe. Hope she is back soon.

Ahem ! Coughs loudly ! They , Madam are pledged to the Im not buying anything for the next 35 days brigade and are currently nailed very firmly to that promise, You are being watched you know. :bandit:

Indeed they are my lovely - and if anything can keep me on the straight and narrow the thought of not getting those trousers back is it!

Oh I do beg your pardon....of course I meant that Trouser singular.;) :D

I like her eyeliners. I have Serenity Sable and Elegant Eggplant. I like the smooth way they go on, and they blend upwards for a smoky eye really well.

I have one of her blushers that I like a lot as well - it survived the recent cull and plenty didn't! It's called Passion Petal. It's not an every day go to for me but I get the urge to use it often enough to keep it.

Ooooo and I have an old Models Prefer taupe liquid shadow with a not so great brown liner in the cap which knocks all my other liquid shadows into a tin hat. I am always scouring eBay for a replacement.

My daughter swears by the concealer trio too - and she likes the pink packaging as well.

Is that who that lady is, Stacey on QVC, i havent laughed in ages, when she took her silicone fillet out of her top! She brought back a lovely memory of my childhood, with her rollers in - my gran wore her curlers 24/7, high days and holidays! and if we were going out, she would wear a pink chiffon head scarf, and do it up, just how you see the women in headscarves from the 1940s - every year she had curlers for christmas presents, and the little pin things, that and hair nets too - thanks Stacey for bringing back some lovely memories. I would be quite happy if the replaced Ay with Stacey, she is the most down to earth person, and has a brilliant sense of humour too. XX

Is that who that lady is, Stacey on QVC, i havent laughed in ages, when she took her silicone fillet out of her top! She brought back a lovely memory of my childhood, with her rollers in - my gran wore her curlers 24/7, high days and holidays! and if we were going out, she would wear a pink chiffon head scarf, and do it up, just how you see the women in headscarves from the 1940s - every year she had curlers for christmas presents, and the little pin things, that and hair nets too - thanks Stacey for bringing back some lovely memories. I would be quite happy if the replaced Ay with Stacey, she is the most down to earth person, and has a brilliant sense of humour too. XX

I missed the chicken fillet incident - but it sounds just like her! :D We had to travel quite distance to a family party recently and I wore my velcro rollers in the car all the way there trying to ignore all the open mouths and double takes on the motorway! :D

Stacey the resident beauty expert, brilliant idea, lets start a campaign, she would be such a tonic, imagine her on with Lulu!!!

I can't help but want to pat her head when she's still in her curlers and has no make-up on, bless her. She's great, she really makes me smile when she's on, and I will never ever forget the time she was on with Julia once - she took her chicken fillets out to show to us (as others have reminisced about), all in order to highlight Julia's enormous bosooms - Julia was mortified at this being brought to our attention (as if we could have missed them!).

looove Stacey, but i'm afraid the products are below par. i have bought a few items to support her business relaunch, but have been unable to use them. i believe she is targeting the wrong market; this could be a fab mainstream range for teenagers. also, she got it seriously wrong with the brand name.

Interesting cos whilst I have been a long term fan of the eyebrow pencil and foundations, apart from this I have only dabbled in the other MP products. The remainder of the collections would mostly go to ebay.

However, I recently had the YBF TSV because of the eyebrow pencil and to my surprise I have thoroughly enjoyed it. And no I am not a teenager! Both lipsticks were fab (and I'm really more of a lipgloss gal), the blusher is perfect, gorgeous eyeliner colour. Some of it is still unopened so not tried yet.

Regarding the brand name, I too think it is wierd but thankfully just the initials are on the packaging so meaningless and unobtrusive.

I love watching Stacey, she is so much fun and i must admit to having learnt a trick or two along the way.

OK so YBF is a dodgy name and the prices have definately gone up since Models Prefer buy i still hope it is not too long before she is back on our screens

She seemed more like her old self in the show the other day, which was good to see as she comes across like a nice lady! :)

I ordered the Imitation Vacation because I fancied it, and as soon as she said once the stock has gone, that's it for this year, I was on the phone. All I know is that it looks very nice, apparently smells nice, so I ordered it! :D Lines were busy, so reserved it in the nick of time as straight afterwards, it was on Waitlist! They sent it out on Mon, and it was here today - wasn't expecting it so soon, so missed it, but they're coming tomorrow!

I must say, her eyebrow pencils are very good - used them for a few years, and only oped for a hight street brand more lately as I've been getting money-off coupons.

I love Stacey,her attitude and personality are very endearing.

My one criticism about the shows though is that they always use Amica as a model and she looks dreadful by the end of the show..sort of horribly caked wrinkly and over done.
Not a great ad for the products.

I love Stacey,her attitude and personality are very endearing.

My one criticism about the shows though is that they always use Amica as a model and she looks dreadful by the end of the show..sort of horribly caked wrinkly and over done.
Not a great ad for the products.

I always think exactly the same thing. I do also believe Amica when she says she uses the products though so maybe it's that that gets her the gig?

Most of the other shows have backstage make up artists whisking the models off and on again with new looks don't they? I kind of like that YBF do it differently I guess.

I've never bought any of Stacey's products but I love watching her when she is on. She is a good laugh and watching her programmes always cheers me up. Hopefully she will be back at QVC.

Latest posts

Back