Beat the clock auction....I'm confused!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I've got Pricedrop on in the background, and I've noticed that they're doing some "beat the clock" auctions, I've seen them before, and I got the impression that the price keeps on dropping until a 2 minute clock appears in the corner, the price that it has fallen to is the price it's going for, and as a customer you've got 2 minutes in which to phone up and buy it at that price.

Anyway, watching today, a kitchen slicer thingy had dropped down to about a tenner, the quanity started to fall, but as the clock hit zero, there was still about 2 slicers left....The presenter was saying "oh, no...we've been beaten!!!!...so does that mean that nobody who's rung in will get the product, or that 2 potential customers would have missed out? I thought surely nobody's going to bother calling in if there's a chance they're not going to get the product....anyway, the next item also had a few left at the end, and again the presenter was throwing his hands up in despair....but to make me even more confused, the final item in set...a dennis the menace cookie jar ( a real must have!, yeah right!) was offered for £5.99, there was about 57 of them up for grabs, or so I thought, the numbers went down to zero and beat the clock, to which the presenter declared "Joanna" the winner..and said "enjoy your cookie jar Joanna"...so does that mean only ONE person gets the item? I am now totally and utterly confuzzled. Was I right in the first place, because if you're taking the time,money and trouble to try and "win" one lousy item, then have to pay £8 to get it sent to you...why on earth would you bother?!!!!

No, everyone who rings in gets it, It's because they don't/can't want to lower the price any further even though they are called price drop!

No, everyone who rings in gets it, It's because they don't/can't want to lower the price any further even though they are called price drop!

Thanks, that's what I thought, and couldn't see why the presenter was making such a song and dance about the clock timing them out, and the bit about the "winner"....Oh well. Perhaps if they'd dropped the price a bit further then they'd have shifted the lot!!!!

The price does not fall until everything is sold anymore, the price falls until it reaches minimum profit then they just time out!
The last one in does not set the price these days!

I've seen loads of these beat the clock auctions before, and obviously had the right idea, it was this stupid goofball of a presenter, that threw me into confusion! He was uber annoying tbh, and at one stage when the clock appeared he shouted "GO GO GO" about 20 times!!!!..and was literally jumping up and down!

Trouble is they dont tell you its a clocked auction until the clock appears, very unfair IMO

Trouble is they dont tell you its a clocked auction until the clock appears, very unfair IMO

Totally, you could drop in for something thinking it would go for pennies, and end up paying £15 for it plus another £8 in postage, that really isn't on tbh!

Latest posts

Back