What happened to Molton Brown?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

was not overly keen on the shower gels with their made up fantasy fragrance names and the body lotions were a joke very cheap ingredients and full of chemicals.my skin never felt moisturised just parched and dry.
not that fussed they left qvc all hype and no substance. more a lifestyle brand than serious body care.

I agree. I ALWAYS got the MB tsv for my Xmas prezzie from my aunt - I didn't like the stuff - very overhyped imho - but it was always a nice little earner for me on Ebay!!!!:tongue2:

I didn't like their hand lotions as they seemed to go off within six months and developed a nasty rancid smell. I even took one back to my local 'emporium' and they swapped it for a shower/bath gel. It's always empty there - I think I was their only customer that week and I didn't even buy anything as I was only there for an exchange!

How weird. That has never happened to me. A 300ml bottle will last me about 9 months with no adverse smell.

Just been to the MB outlet store in Bicester. It was empty, the prices quite high and they didn't have anything that matched. I.e if they had a shower gel they didn't have the body lotion to match. I didn't buy a thing. I didn't buy anything in the L'occitane shop or Kipling either.

Just been to the MB outlet store in Bicester. It was empty, the prices quite high and they didn't have anything that matched. I.e if they had a shower gel they didn't have the body lotion to match. I didn't buy a thing. I didn't buy anything in the L'occitane shop or Kipling either.

Aw loveheart, that's not good when you feel like treating yourself as well. You have been farting too hardy my friend. Enjoy the rest of your break. x

People are opting out of 'you're just running it down the drain' expensive body cleansing products, with loads of synthetic/chemical nasties in them imo, because they're watching their pennies and you can get this type of stuff at the supermarket or a chemist - I think that's why some of these places are deserted. There are products out there that don't have the synthetics in them and that are reasonably priced: these will sell no matter what the economic climate - just check out a health store or two in town, or explore the web and see.

I was in there last week. They used to stock full priced product as well as the discount ranges, (I went in to buy some Blissful Templetree) but they only stock the discount ranges now.

Whoever is in charge of their sales at the moment is doing them a real diservice.

I went into our nearest MB shop last month, clutching £30 worth of MB vouchers which I'd been given.

Of course, I expected to come out again laden down with a TSV's worth of goodies in a posh bag.

More fool me.

For £36, I got ... a room spray and a shower gel.

I think the number of people who can afford these prices is dwindling fast - I won't be shopping in there again in a hurry!

I had been thinking about this recently as I am finishing off my last MB shower gels, which have been open for well over a year and are still fine to use.

I knew that MB, for me, were now a finished line and I wondered if others felt the same. Without the exposure and hype that sucked me in I can happily do without MB.

I got some Hermes "Un jardin apres la Mousson" shower gel in the John Lewis sale which is simply lovely. The perfume changes on your skin like a real perfume.

I really like MB bath and shower gels, I usually go into town and get a couple of bottles a year, it lasts for ages.

Could get the Sensual Hanai (red one lol) last time as it only comes out at Christmas now, thats going on my Christmas wish list...its my fav xx

I'd love them to come back to QVC, used to use their skin care years ago anf just recently bought a bottle of the 24hr replenisher from an auction site....the smell is good enough to eat.

I really like MB bath and shower gels, I usually go into town and get a couple of bottles a year, it lasts for ages.

Could get the Sensual Hanai (red one lol) last time as it only comes out at Christmas now, thats going on my Christmas wish list...its my fav xx

I'd love them to come back to QVC, used to use their skin care years ago anf just recently bought a bottle of the 24hr replenisher from an auction site....the smell is good enough to eat.

Toadette - the Sensual Hanaleni Bath & Shower Gel is on the MB website at the moment.

http://www.moltonbrown.co.uk/bath-a...ensual-hanaleni-moisture-bath-and-shower.html

Thays good to know, thank you Tabatha.

Cant justify buying at the moment as I might NEED to buy the Prescriptives/Smashbox/LE TSV's lol xx

Latest posts

Back