Medical Opinion on beauty products....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The water thing is a myth, only the ingestion of oils will have a smoothing, plumping effect on the skin, and it is, therefore, a good idea to take a couple of tablespoons of cold-pressed olive oil, omega oil, or hemp oil, everyday if you wish to see your skin looking plumped and radiant.

Completely agree! I guzzle water like it's going out of fashion yet I can still get dry/dehydrated skin. Taking oil in a smoothie does help though, and can also help with my eczema in the winter (unfortunately I often forget to do it!). Prolonged lack of sleep also effects my face - not so much my skin tone, I just tend to look older, and well, knackered!

I agree with everything in this thread. I know that looking good is down to genes, diet and sun protection. I know that most of what the cosmetic companies claim is complete boswellox. And I know that it shouldn't matter that women have wrinkles. So why do I spend so much money on skincare??? I've tried almost every range on QVC and loads more from department stores and the internet. Hell, I even tried the snail slime cream (no it didn't work). I'm an intelligent woman. Why do I do it? Can anyone help me? :wonder2:

I agree with everything in this thread. I know that looking good is down to genes, diet and sun protection. I know that most of what the cosmetic companies claim is complete boswellox. And I know that it shouldn't matter that women have wrinkles. So why do I spend so much money on skincare??? I've tried almost every range on QVC and loads more from department stores and the internet. Hell, I even tried the snail slime cream (no it didn't work). I'm an intelligent woman. Why do I do it? Can anyone help me? :wonder2:

Yes - admit you are a skincare addict, looking for the holy grail - just like moi:wink2:

Must admit though to ingesting Organic Coconut Oil recently!

I guess there are only a few sure fire ways of beating the wrinkles, fillers, botox or surgery..... I'm not sure when we were pressured to buy into youth and uber-slim was the only way to attractiveness, self worth and success......as women I wish we could all stand up and say to the advertisers, the men and anyone else who tries to force our hand to this subscription and tell them to b*ll*cks :eek:)

For me, the thing that makes the biggest difference to my skin is a good cleanser, but then I have oily skin and don't really need to use anti-aging products yet (although I always wear sunblock). From a general lotion & potion point of view, I do find that some beauty creams visibly and quite dramatically improve my skin (eg. Decleor essential balm) so I think beauty products can make a positive difference to your skin, but sadly it can take years to find the ones that work best for you.

Staying out of the sun, not smoking and eating well are the main things though. People who sunbathe and smoke age in dog years.

Latest posts

Back