QVC Panel? What's that then?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'kin

QualityVariesConsiderably
:wave2: Hiya lovelies

Alison Young mentioned something called a QVC Panel during the Elemis shows last night - but I've never heard of such a thing. (And more importantly I'm not on one - dagnabbit!:D)

Does anybody know anything about them?

I will say a random group of people chosen by computer but who just happen to spend shed loads at QVC. They are invited to depending on their spending habits to try out new products for QVC. So buy loads of Elemis, Decleor,Gatineau etc and if a new product is launched you are given some to try before hand. Then you can say oh this is so fabulous. I heard one woman say she was buying the Elemis TSV to get the full size. Guessing it is mainly beauty products.

I've never heard a panel mentioned before. I wonder how much you have to spend to get on it. Love A'kin I would have thought you would be first on their list to be a tester the amount you 'used' to spend.

Well quite my lovely - I would have thought so too!

No hope now then under the new regime is there? :D

Bet they have to spend loads and loads of dosh and then get a tiny little sample to try. What if you were part of this elite group and thought the new miracle product was a load of carp or it brought you out in spots....would you be allowed to call in and say so? Maybe this is just sour grapes cos i have not been selected

I've never heard a panel mentioned before. I wonder how much you have to spend to get on it. Love A'kin I would have thought you would be first on their list to be a tester the amount you 'used' to spend.

I hadn't heard of this either until the TSV of one of the foot files (not the egg shaped one, the one with a handle), they had a few from the panel on the telephone saying how they'd got on with it!

Is big house living, spending quality time with her children watching QVC, Elemis buying, <s>actress</s> customer 'I think QVC does care for me' Rosemary on this panel too then? :cheeky:

Bet they have to spend loads and loads of dosh and then get a tiny little sample to try. What if you were part of this elite group and thought the new miracle product was a load of carp or it brought you out in spots....would you be allowed to call in and say so? Maybe this is just sour grapes cos i have not been selected

I know someone who is on the technology panel and they were given an item to try and had to go on air as a caller to give their opinion of the item. I must say it was made clear on air that they had been given the product to try and they were not an unsolicited t caller. The item sold for about £150 and they were allowed to keep it for nothing. Now call me cynical but if you were given an item you thought was carp would you tell them it was carp and be sure you were not going to be picked again or say it was the dogs doo-dahs hoping that you would get another freebie? Mmm difficult one!

I will say a random group of people chosen by computer but who just happen to spend shed loads at QVC. They are invited to depending on their spending habits to try out new products for QVC. So buy loads of Elemis, Decleor,Gatineau etc and if a new product is launched you are given some to try before hand. Then you can say oh this is so fabulous. I heard one woman say she was buying the Elemis TSV to get the full size. Guessing it is mainly beauty products.

Totally wrong....any qvc member can be invited to a be a tester, for any product, not just certain ones ie beauty, technology etc; also don't have to spend loads with qvc, in fact you don't need to make regular purchases at all, yes you get to keep what you've tested but qvc do ask for honest feedback and most will give it, irrespective of keeping te product

Totally wrong....any qvc member can be invited to a be a tester, for any product, not just certain ones ie beauty, technology etc; also don't have to spend loads with qvc, in fact you don't need to make regular purchases at all, yes you get to keep what you've tested but qvc do ask for honest feedback and most will give it, irrespective of keeping te product

Do you work for QVC or are you on one of the panels?

I've never been asked, all I know about it is from what my friend told me.

yes is the answer and if a panalist said something was "carp" thats absolutely fine, qvc ask for honest opinions and it certainly doesn't mean that a panalist is then "blacklisted"
if something isn't any good its better to find out b4 a lot of airtime and money is given to it.....

yes is the answer and if a panalist said something was "carp" thats absolutely fine, qvc ask for honest opinions and it certainly doesn't mean that a panalist is then "blacklisted"
if something isn't any good its better to find out b4 a lot of airtime and money is given to it.....

Yes you work for QVC or yes you are a panelist?

Years ago, I used to be on the "Pyrex Panel" and was given loads of dishes to use and test. They were just bringing out patterned oven-to-table ware at the time, which was the last word in sophistication in the 60s.
As a hard-up young mum with many children it was a godsend as I was allowed to keep anything I tested.We were encouraged to be really honest about the products and, if a dish broke, it was taken away for further testing and I could chose a replacement. Two of my daughters still have casserole dishes from that time!
I imagine most manufacturer's have panels of testers as laboratory conditions, especially for makeup, don't begin to mirror the types of skin and methods of storage they may be subjected to in our homes.

I many years ago, well it was the 90's bought Marie Claire Health and Beauty. They did an article on testing beauty products and looked at Boots No7 and Avon. They had panels of women who tested the products before release. Now they had to go to the laboratories during the tests and get samples of skin taken(only scarpings of course) etc. They got paid for it so it was like a job.

qvc are totally driven by the high spend mentality and you only get chosen for stuff like voucher codes,panel testing or customer events if you spend uber amounts with qvc.

they are totally fibbing when they say its random it obviously isn't.
they rely heavily on people who have an addiction to spending and others that are elderly or infirm or lonely..

its business and i like shopping with qvc but they willl never ask me to be a panelist or to a customer event as i wont be spending thousans on luxury tat..:angry:

It would be interesting to know what qualifies you to be chosen as an independent panellist. Call it intuition but, I have a feeling that, if you have returned several items, you will not be picked. Adversely, if you are someone who has never returned an item, you are just what QVC is looking for.

From a business aspect, this is what QVC ought to do. Impartiality would dictate that someone whho is not afraid to return an item with which they are not totally satisfied, ought to have the same chance of being chosen.

Counts me out then. If I'm not happy with a product, I have no qualms about seeking a refund. That is what QVC offer, isn't it?

Latest posts

Back