As Featured In This Weeks - HELLO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

let's rephrase: "wonder if the churches are aware that a church was in a church with another church wearing one of the churches' kimonos."

what are you like, bags! lol

Call me old-fashioned but I always thought that a wedding comes before a christening ?

Your not old-fashioned Erics Mum, I'm a believer in traditional values too. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Maybe they don't want to marry, there are no rules, it works differently for each couple

Maybe they don't want to marry, there are no rules, it works differently for each couple

You are right and what I said did not come out right!

All I meant was that a christening is a very significant commitment to the church taken by the parents on behalf of their child. So I would have thought they would be equally committed to the church themselves and get married.

Anyway, this forum is no place for a philosophical debate. More to the point I like their shawls but don't have that type of social life :sad:

Call me old-fashioned but I always thought that a wedding comes before a christening ?

There was something in the news recently about a vicar who was prepared to do a job lot i.e. marry parents and christen children in the same ceremony.

I think these days that christenings are quite often an excuse for a party and/or a way of giving your children the chance to get into a decent school.

Latest posts

Back