A wee extract from Claudia Sylvester's blog on platinum on QVCUK.COM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Claudia! She's really getting a battering in this thread! :whew2:

People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones. If you set yourself up t he way she does, she should not be surprised at all the flack she is getting. No sympathy at all for the spoilt brat.

she has better taste than many people we see around us, in our every day life. and one should not forget that claudia is just a glorified sales person. personally, i am not interested in claudia or any other presenter on qvc. well done to her for looking good and for having made some good choices in her life.

People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones. If you set yourself up t he way she does, she should not be surprised at all the flack she is getting. No sympathy at all for the spoilt brat.

you should have tried the same way and reported back the result.

I blame my Mother for lots of things: Trusting her GP when he said it was just IBS for 6 months when actually it was stage four colon cancer; for bringing my brothers (and my dad) up to be useless - and the cankles I inherited from her side of the family

But "My exquisite taste" (Lord preserve us!) is not one of them!

I have nothing against Claudia, I think she's probably a very sweet person but as soon as I read that I needed a "winces and cringes simultaneously" icon!

Perhaps we're just not the right target audience for that comment and lots of other people will lap it up? Bless her.

they seem to forget sometimes they are just ordinary sales people. they are 'locked' in the qvc towers, pre-occupied with celebrity culture and this has messed up with their heads.

I blame my Mother for lots of things: Trusting her GP when he said it was just IBS for 6 months when actually it was stage four colon cancer; for bringing my brothers (and my dad) up to be useless - and the cankles I inherited from her side of the family

But "My exquisite taste" (Lord preserve us!) is not one of them!

I have nothing against Claudia, I think she's probably a very sweet person but as soon as I read that I needed a "winces and cringes simultaneously" icon!

Perhaps we're just not the right target audience for that comment and lots of other people will lap it up? Bless her.

Who would be the right target audience for that comment Love A'Kin,seriously?? I can think of no context..except maybe if she were doing a stand-up routine where that comment would go down well.

Who would be the right target audience for that comment Love A'Kin,seriously?? I can think of no context..except maybe if she were doing a stand-up routine where that comment would go down well.

Her Mum maybe? :D

I like a bit of class, me - bet she's got a lovely collection of Capodimonte :hi:

Unfortunately, as a presenter, I think she stinks. She's like a ventriloquist's wooden dummy - only with less animation :thinking2:

Her Mum maybe? :D

That is probably the only context outside of a gig at the Comedy Store!
It would be perfectly acceptable for those two to bask in the sunshine of their greatness..............ALONE!

I like a bit of class, me - bet she's got a lovely collection of Capodimonte :hi:

Unfortunately, as a presenter, I think she stinks. She's like a ventriloquist's wooden dummy - only with less animation :thinking2:

Nowt wrong wiv a bit o' Capodimonte,positioned artfully in front of some Thomas Kincaid!

I don't actually dislike her- Its just when I read that on her blog,I found it ........disappointing?

Last edited:
Still, 12 years on my rings are still shining like northern stars. I blame my Mother for my exquisite taste as she herself has a platinum wedding and engagement ring from the oldest jewellers in the world Garrards, and she always said to me that when I get married to only wear platinum.

I dunno about you lot but the whole tone of the piece makes me wanna karate chop her in her scrawny neck!!

Garrards was formed in 1722, Cowdia look like she could have been their first customer

Garrards was formed in 1722, Cowdia look like she could have been their first customer

Ok,now you're hitting below the belt talisker25,lol,she looks OK enough for her gig.

My objection her is about the tone of this whole piece.

Yes that's unfair, she looks good......a bit too scrawny imo but quite elegant with it. No, it's her superior attitude that stinks, a bit like Keenan's and that's why I've never liked her. :pPC:

they hang around with celebs. they must be superior, somehow. :emo:

Yes that's unfair, she looks good......a bit too scrawny imo but quite elegant with it. No, it's her superior attitude that stinks, a bit like Keenan's and that's why I've never liked her. :pPC:

Yep, agreed - she's a good looking woman right enough. It is her attitude that isn't so good. I seem to remember a while ago she was fairly horrid to Craig on air one time, she was highly critical of the way he pronounced the name of a gemstone, and made fun of him - he was in fact saying it right and it was her that had got it wrong..she made herself look really dim...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back