SBC Collagen Gel - it's SERUM now!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

clemenzina

Registered Shopper
Presenting the SBC 8-piece Top to Toe collection, Ali Young introduced the Collagen Gel as "collagen serum". She repeated the buzz word several times :11:

They must think they can manipulate us - or do they know that they can? :sad:

clemenzina

Presenting the SBC 8-piece Top to Toe collection, Ali Young introduced the Collagen Gel as "collagen serum". She repeated the buzz word several times :11:

They must think they can manipulate us - or do they know that they can? :sad:

clemenzina

I think sadly it's the latter Clemenzina. :(

However, thanks to Collagen gel being such an obviously shonky nonsensical product I am immune to thenlure of the entire SBC range so that's good. (for me at least!) :D

I use collagen gel under my hand cream and my hands look better for definite and my mother likes it. People who slate it here, have you tried it?

I've tried it, beauty-1. I can't say it did much for my "facial area" but I think it's useful as a body lotion if you're in a hurry because it sinks in quicker than a cream.

I liked it as a moisturiser on my chest as it was one of the few that didn't break me out in spots. However once I learned that the collagen is marine based I chucked it immediately. I now use a Palmers one i get from Boots and so far, no probs!

Tx

I liked it as a moisturiser on my chest as it was one of the few that didn't break me out in spots. However once I learned that the collagen is marine based I chucked it immediately. I now use a Palmers one i get from Boots and so far, no probs!

Tx

What concerns you about the collagen being marine based? I thought it was plant based, or is it a marine plant/seaweed??

I bought some ages ago, didn't really do anything for me and I found the texture far too sticky.

I've used it for quite a few years and slowly but surely it has helped to deminish my forehead lines/11s lines that had started to show. OK I'm not that old so it didn't have a difficult job to do. Great around the eyes too.

I'm super smell sensitive and mine has never had a smell to it or stickiness. I do find Arnica can start to dry a bit sticky but then is fine when fully dry. Not that I get any results from it. My Dad however finds it of great help.

Just shows how the same product can be loved by some and absolutely hated by others.

I use collagen gel under my hand cream and my hands look better for definite and my mother likes it. People who slate it here, have you tried it?

:hi: :flower:I haven't used it.

I don't so much slate the product itself, as the pointlessness of having collagen as an ingredient, and the misleading way it is sold.

They know that we associate the word "collagen" with anti ageing so without actually saying it in so many words they use that association in our minds to give the impression that this product fights the ageing process - as if the collagen it contains can somehow get inside your skin to replace / repair lost collagen and elastin fibres or help with anti-ageing in some way - when it absolutely cannot do anything of the kind.

:hi:

Collagen is made in the body from Vitamin C so that's the only thing that will help with it's production. Collagen on the surface just moisturises and plumps the skin but I too dislike being mislead by companies who suggest it's the magic ingredient when diet is key to great skin...mmm think it was leading into a rant :giggle:

Whatever the truth of claims for collagen topically applied, I was just sickened by the cynical name change given to the SBC product by Ali Young (prompted by marketeers at QVC?) - the gel is now a serum, and we all know how concentrated and ultra-effective serums are :taphead:

clemenzina

i'm with CS on this one. the intense smell of alcohol sent the litre running straight into the bin.

Latest posts

Back