Duzzit handy hanger

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I must admit, I've not seen the tv demos for this product, it actually caught my eye whilst shopping in Robert Dyas. It's a gadget that allows you to hang handy hooks onto any wall surface, or inside a wardrobe, which are strong as well as being easy to remove without leaving a mark...great I thought!...So I bought one, the price wasn't bad £9.99 for ten various hooks and wall holders and the gadget that attaches them....Got it home, opened the box and realised straight away it was going to be pretty useless to me......it's mains operated, with an extremely short cable.....why? ffs! I was hoping to hang some hooks at the bottom of the stairs, but hey, there's not a plug point anywhere near, I'd need to buy myself an extra long extension lead, also in the bathroom where I'd want to place a few, there's no plug point either...seems daft to me, this is a product that is crying out to be battery operated, or at least "chargeable". Also in the small print it tells you to wait 24 hours before using the hook....bet they don't show that in the demo!!!! Well tomorrow it's going back for a refund...what a daft product!!!

Do you have an extension reel? I have at least 2, sockets are very awkwardly sited in the bat cave so a reel is essential.

Do you have an extension reel? I have at least 2, sockets are very awkwardly sited in the bat cave so a reel is essential.

I have but it is utilised to the max, and would be far too much hassle to remove just to use this, as would buying an extra one. Wouldn't be quite so bad if I had a spare knocking around, but I don't, and it just seems like a bit of an expense just to use a cheap gadget that might be a load of rubbish anyway, also the 24 hour wait is a bit of a pain too! I was hoping to get the house "hooked up" this evening! I looked at the demo, and they do say it's electric, but they just show people just "sticking and hanging" in all places, even outdoors in seconds, theres no sign of any trailing cables, or someone waiting for hours before they can use it......quite funny really 'cause most of these infomercials play upon the little inconveniences in life......"Sick of tripping over yards of cable just to hang a hook up?" Fed up with waiting hours, or days for results? I'm just sure they could have created a battery operated product, or one you can charge up using the mains.....it's certainly not what I'd call "handy"!

I bought one when I moved into my new apartment and it has been brilliant. Have put lots of the little hooks up in my airing cupboard for hanging coats, hairdryer, mop/sweeping brush etc Have even hung a picture in my bedroom with it.

Love mine!

I bought one when I moved into my new apartment and it has been brilliant. Have put lots of the little hooks up in my airing cupboard for hanging coats, hairdryer, mop/sweeping brush etc Have even hung a picture in my bedroom with it.

Love mine!

Yeah, it probably would have been good, if I got it up and running, but for me it wasn't really that "handy". I got a refund, and felt like a flippin' criminal...."what's wrong with it"...Nothing, I replied, it's just not going to be practical I haven't even taken it right out of the box, the sales assistant scrutinised it for ages, gave me a "look" then gave me a form to fill in, stating my name and address before they gave me my money back. Silly me, that'll teach me not to watch the demos properly or read the package...however, if they do bring out a rechargeable, or battery operated one, I'll buy one for sure!

My local Tesco Extra has these reduced to £4.99 (along with some other JML Products which have been reduced) - so the saving will more than cover a Extension Cable

I bought one of these years ago and hooks are still in situ.

I had to use an extension too.

No hooks left and I could find nowhere on my box that indicated where spare 'bits' could be obtained. I'll have to check out packaging if I see it in a store

Latest posts

Back