Rhubarb and Crumble

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aren't a lot of Charlie Bears "wobble jointed" so that they can move freely rather than be "posed"? I know my wee bear Maximillian is very wobbly but it just makes him look even more cute and vulnerable.

My pair arrived today - they're lovely. Same quality that I'm used to with this brand. Like others I also have a collection of Steiffs but they just not cuddly & characterful like this chaps.

I too noticed the "head at an angle" but it just seems to me that they are looking at each other when they're stood holding hands! Sweet!

Although the arms are jointed, when I move them upwards, they fall down a little - not all the way. My more expensive bears didn't do this. That's what I was referring to when I compared the quality.

Has anyone else found this with Charlie bears?

I do like the way the look when holding hands, which is why, if I did return them as faulty, I would get a replacement set.

Goodness, I have no idea how many bears I have, well over 200 I would imagine, and I don't think I have ever checked what happens when I raise their arms!! I notice their head joints (and am not mad on wobble head joints from any brand, but that's just my preference, I like the 'double neck joints' best, often found on polar bears and 'real' bears like BearBits and Bears Upon Soar make) - but I shouldn't think this is a quality problem, just a looser type of joint.

Goodness, I have no idea how many bears I have, well over 200 I would imagine, and I don't think I have ever checked what happens when I raise their arms!! I notice their head joints (and am not mad on wobble head joints from any brand, but that's just my preference, I like the 'double neck joints' best, often found on polar bears and 'real' bears like BearBits and Bears Upon Soar make) - but I shouldn't think this is a quality problem, just a looser type of joint.

Thanks all for your input. It makes sense.

I too have loads of different makes of bear including Steiff, Canterbury, Deans, Merrythought, Hermann and Gund to namedrop just a few. I am going to be absolutely honest and say that there are things about the Charlie range that make them more affordable...the fur by and large isn't mohair, they aren't excelsior stuffed and so on. IMO they are lovely and well worth the money. I am also a bear maker. I would always want my arm and leg joints to start off tight because they will loosen with wear and quite quickly and if you are making playable bears then you want the limbs to stay on!!
mind you I use traditional disc and cotter pin joints which I bet Charlie don't. I too am not fond of wobble jointed heads either but that's my choice.
Please too don't run away with the idea that "collectible" means increase in value. Sometimes it does, more often it doesn't...you buy 'em cos you love 'em simple as that!

Don't forget that whilst most of the Charlie Bears range are plush, there are also the "higher end" ranges within the brand that are Mohair and there's also the in-between Plumo range (plush and mohair combined) also there are the bears that aren't wobble jointed, and the ones with "stiffer" joints. If you like the range and the prices,it's worth having a look at either their own website or one of the bigger distributor/supplier websites. HTH

Don't forget that whilst most of the Charlie Bears range are plush, there are also the "higher end" ranges within the brand that are Mohair and there's also the in-between Plumo range (plush and mohair combined) also there are the bears that aren't wobble jointed, and the ones with "stiffer" joints. If you like the range and the prices,it's worth having a look at either their own website or one of the bigger distributor/supplier websites. HTH

you are right...and those high end bear prices are around the same as other high end bears

I'm still waiting for my Rhubarb and Crumble to arrive...........:sad:

Maybe you should get on to Customer Services to see whats going on.. If it was sent by courier, don't see why you're still waiting.. Do you usually have trouble with your courier deliveries? :47:

Maybe you should get on to Customer Services to see whats going on.. If it was sent by courier, don't see why you're still waiting.. Do you usually have trouble with your courier deliveries? :47:

Thanks but I'd already decided that I would give them a ring tomorrow or Monday. Thing is, they don't have that far to travel really and a Bear I ordered later in the day arrived over a week ago and has settled in very well..........:1:

Deliveries can be hit-and-miss and I have had a few problems over the years.

Does seem a bit suspicious if you've received another bear that you ordered at a similar time.. Glad he has settled in though, lol.. Hope you get it sorted, they should be able to chase up where they are.. Maybe R&C are having a little wander around the country :47:

Does seem a bit suspicious if you've received another bear that you ordered at a similar time.. Glad he has settled in though, lol.. Hope you get it sorted, they should be able to chase up where they are.. Maybe R&C are having a little wander around the country :47:

Think you might be right Daisy.........probably missed the junction off the motorway and they're now skirting the M25! :wink2:

I hope you get them soon Lizzie. I got mine yesterday but I only paid for them on Wednesday as I had them on chequehold until I got paid - I'm trying to be a good girl and budget properly! They are worth waiting for!

Latest posts

Back