A nice but strange happening!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NIKKID

Registered Shopper
I really strange thing happened to me yesterday!

I had ordered a centigrade coat quite a while back but it never arrived with me despite the online account showing as shipped.

After about 12 days i contated QVC customer services, received the investigation letter and had just returned the letter when out of the blue, last night i got a phone call. A man had found my parcel unopened in the middle of the street and using my address and name, found my phone number and wanted directions to deliver the parcel to me!!

Well i arranged to meet him and he handed over the parcel explaining that on his way to work for 2 days in a row he had seen the parcel lying in the middle of the road and on the third day out of curiosity had stopped to pick it and brought it home.

What a nice man and how refreshing that there are still some honest decent people out there!!

wow - isn't that nice.Very honest.

I would be slightly concerned about all those details just lying in the street.

Lovely Nikkid, we need stories like this from time to time, to restore some faith in humankind! Hope you liked the coat...

I never opened the inner plastic bag - something about it lying in the street for goodness knows how long put me off the whole notion of it and i will be returning asap!

Very strange! Especially strange that it had been lying there for so long and he was the first person to investigate it.

wow - isn't that nice.Very honest.

I would be slightly concerned about all those details just lying in the street.

Yes, it makes me nervous but really its only info available from the telephone directory. More concerned about how it got there in the first place.

I've done this myself, found an unopened DHL parcel in the street, phoned DHL and they were decidedly unhelpful so phoned the addressee and they came and picked it up the gave DHL hell. Better that it get's where it's supposed to go than in a bin. Gald it turned up NikkiD

It's very weird that it lay there that long and wasn't damaged by traffic, or that someone didn't contact the police reporting a suspect package. Did you tell QVC what happened? It might be they would want to contact the carrier.

I hope you contacted QVC and told them where your parcel was. Not a good example from the courtier.

Oh yes and they are sending me a free returns label. Funny thing is, the courier is usually very good - delivers other stuff as well. I was wondering if it goes as far back as they delivery people who deliver to him?? I will ask next time he calls.

I hope you contacted QVC and told them where your parcel was.

Funny thing is that if you hadn't contacted QVC they would have simply claimed off the courier for the lost package. In fact, if you signed the claim form then they probably already have......

So the only people who have now benefitted from the kindness is QVC!

That does seem odd. I'd have been a bit worried tbh about the call from a man saying he found the parcel and would have taken my rather large son with me but I'm probably overcautious. I don't suppose you'll ever find out why it was left like that.

Latest posts

Back