How long have you been watching QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have been watching since day one sad I know. QVC would have closed down by now if they relied on the amount I have spent.

I;ve watched for about 12/13 years !, I must have wasted weeks/months of my life just staring at products that QVC where trying to sell to me !, I have spent thousands of pounds, and I just hate to think of the amount of money I have spent on P&P :drunk:....I could have had a lovely once in a lifetime holiday on delivery costa alone !
I have fallen for all the hype on certain products which are now languishing in the back of my cupboards or on the local tip....
Looking around my living room now the only item I can see bought from QVC is my lovely new Cheeky monket Charlie bear.

Forgot to add:

Do you remember when Shop! went the way of all flesh?

Well, it hadn't been that long before it went belly up that I had bought one of those "on digital" set top boxes and I thought that I was totally sophisticated and in with the in crowd - how easily pleased I was.

Anyway it fizzled out and lo and behold ....shazaam! there was Angus Purden from QVC (QVC! that's the big shopping channel, thought I) at
9.15am one Saturday morning who had been invited via the telly box into my front room, replacing Shop! on whatever channel it had been on.

I reckon I'd be quite rich if Shop! had still been broadcasting, such crap it was. Now, who can I blame for that? Hmmmmmm?

Looked at it but never watched a complete programme or bought anything for years. Really started to shopping at QVC about 3 years ago when I was at home and in plaster cast for a long time.

I first watched it when we got Sky about 12/13 years ago, but only started shopping with them 6 or so years ago. I'm quite selective and have only made a handful of carp purchases!

No, WS I 'discovered' QVC about two years ago, but I only used to check out the web site for bargains, then I came across the Forum, and reading posts on programmes made me want to watch more, though I never really watched much (OH is in charge of remote control and he hates QVC) until I went on maternity leave in May...

Sillysausage and I...

2.jpg

:hi::hi: I remember when QVC first started I only used to watch it when I went to my sister's in London because I didn't have sky in them days. I 1st bought a keyboard thing for my little boy (who was 22 last sat). then i got sky a few months later so prob early 1994 and my 1st purchase was a lee sands watch which I returned cos the clasp gave me a rash. I still believe the early days of Lavers, Whatters etc were the best. Dread to think how many thousands ive spent over the 15yrs. :thinking2:

I can't remember but it wouldn't have been before OnDigital cos I've never had Sky. I don't know if QVC was on OnDigital or ITV Digital when it took over. When did it go "terrestrial"?

clemenzina

Long enough to remember the lovely Angus Purden, but I've no idea exactly how long that is! :blush: I was quite turned off by it all at the very beginning. It just seemed so alien to me. I used to watch it now and again in sort of bewildered fascination.

At some point I must have got over it though cos now look at me - I get the Christmas card and everything!! :D

I definitely had a huuuuge Smashbox lipstick phase in the mid to late 90s cos I remember being known for my lippy in the job I had at the time - and that must have been a QVC "thing".

We got the internet in 1995 and I'm pretty sure we had QVC before that - but just as we avoid the channels where somebody's daughter has to writhe on a mattress in her knickers for the amusement of men with their belts loosened we avoided the shopping channel section for ages as well so it's a bit of a blur.

I've been watching it more or less from the beginning. Some of my first products were from a company called Caudalie. QVC no longer stock it but it can be bought elsewhere. The lip balm is very moisturising, I don't use it very often but when I need to it's lovely, it has grape seed extract in it I think.

Latest posts

Back