Animal Print, a new polyester thread!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

silversequin

Registered Shopper
Just seen the Gayle Hayman TSV and there it is again....animal print. What are your therories on what seems to be a QVC obsession and where will it lead? Can you imagine if this started to appear right across the product range, are we going to start seeing it in bedding, cooking etc. Actually they might be on to something, there's a page in this week's "Gazia" on leopard print so maybe QVC is ahead of the game. Also thought might be a laugh to count the number of times animal print is spotted(ha ha) or refered (ha again) to throughout a week of broadcasting.

I like a touch of animal print, but I am an "autumn" type colour wise, so I think it gives me a bit of a lift out of just basic neutrals. I've got a top from the same range that AY's outfit comes from, wore it to Ascot's 80s day. I even have an animal print pashmina!

I like a touch of animal print, but I am an "autumn" type colour wise, so I think it gives me a bit of a lift out of just basic neutrals. I've got a top from the same range that AY's outfit comes from, wore it to Ascot's 80s day. I even have an animal print pashmina!

Thank God I'm not the only one,MS.
I do like a touch of animal print now & then & have got a few pieces,nothing ott & I've got two animal print cushions on my bed mixed in with creams & golds & I think it looks great :flower:

Just seen the Gayle Hayman TSV and there it is again....animal print. What are your therories on what seems to be a QVC obsession and where will it lead? Can you imagine if this started to appear right across the product range, are we going to start seeing it in bedding, cooking etc.

They already have this covered! :giggle: :smirk:

Northern Nights Animal Instinct 100% Cotton Flannel Duvet Set :
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.826479
826479.jpg

Kim & Co Leopard Print Duvet Set :
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.829958
829958.jpg

Just seen the Gayle Hayman TSV and there it is again....animal print. What are your therories on what seems to be a QVC obsession and where will it lead? Can you imagine if this started to appear right across the product range, are we going to start seeing it in bedding, cooking etc. Actually they might be on to something, there's a page in this week's "Gazia" on leopard print so maybe QVC is ahead of the game. Also thought might be a laugh to count the number of times animal print is spotted(ha ha) or refered (ha again) to throughout a week of broadcasting.

Lol,fashion people are always talking about animal print being in or out this season, for the record animal print is always in,you either love it or hate it.I like it in small doses,a scarf,a purse,a pair of shoes etc.I can see why people would hate it though,especially when you see the way the character "Bianca Jackson" wears it in Eastenders,not really a look to aspire to.

They already have this covered! :giggle: :smirk:

Northern Nights Animal Instinct 100% Cotton Flannel Duvet Set :
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.826479
826479.jpg

Kim & Co Leopard Print Duvet Set :
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.829958
829958.jpg

Awesome!! I didn't know NN did these?? I swear i'm not joking or being flip when I say I might order these.

Now...if Cooks Essentials would just come out with some animal print pots and pans,i'd be very happy,lol.

Oooo I quite like a bit of animal print - especially leopard print which goes well with all the black and chocolate in my wardrobe. There are places and times in the fashion universe when it doesn't feel appropriate - but mostly I love it! :D

Somebody got out some old photos the other day and there was me in 1986 (I think) basically wearing something very very similar to what AY did the Gale Hayman TSV in tonight. (My daughter is quite disgusted that I didn't hang onto it for 23 years! Apparently I should have known that the daughter I wouldn't have for almost another decade would want to wear it in 2009 :D)

Lol,fashion people are always talking about animal print being in or out this season, for the record animal print is always in,you either love it or hate it.I like it in small doses,a scarf,a purse,a pair of shoes etc.I can see why people would hate it though,especially when you see the way the character "Bianca Jackson" wears it in Eastenders,not really a look to aspire to.

Awesome!! I didn't know NN did these?? I swear i'm not joking or being flip when I say I might order these.

Now...if Cooks Essentials would just come out with some animal print pots and pans,i'd be very happy,lol.

It is never too late for counselling!!!:cheeky::tongue2::cheeky::tongue2::hi:

I wouldn't be seen dead in animal print. Old Gale has used it in her stuff since the early 80's.

Animal print for me = Bet Lynch or those 70 year olds who wear it with gold sandals, bags or belts.

It only looks modern if wore by the young these days, under 25 after that its just plain wrong.

I don't mind the odd splash of animal print (accessories) but that free bag is awful! Looks like it costs 50p and the straps will come off if you put anything vaguely heavy in it.

And whilst I am all for basic packaging if the money is going into what's in the pot, I do think the GH packaging is rather ropey looking considering it's supposed to be a prestige / exclusive Beverly Hills brand. Really can't see any of the ladies who shop on Rodeo Drive wanting that on their dressing table ...

I wouldn't be seen dead in animal print. Old Gale has used it in her stuff since the early 80's.

Animal print for me = Bet Lynch or those 70 year olds who wear it with gold sandals, bags or belts.

It only looks modern if wore by the young these days, under 25 after that its just plain wrong.

Couldn't agree more!

I don't mind the odd splash of animal print (accessories) but that free bag is awful! Looks like it costs 50p and the straps will come off if you put anything vaguely heavy in it.

And whilst I am all for basic packaging if the money is going into what's in the pot, I do think the GH packaging is rather ropey looking considering it's supposed to be a prestige / exclusive Beverly Hills brand. Really can't see any of the ladies who shop on Rodeo Drive wanting that on their dressing table ...

Cupcake, I feel exactly the same, that's why I've never managed to take this brand seriously... When I hear about how exclusive it is meant to be, my first instinct is to go 'yeah right...', and inevitably, whenever all sorts of claims are made for the products I just can't believe it (though admittedly the lip lift with colour in looked nice on the model...).

I have to say I'm in agreement here. I have to say I find it tacky, except on teenagers - and I wear Kim&Co!!!:giggle::giggle::giggle:

I Personally dont like animal print full stop. IMHO it just looks naff. I agree with Artermis and Donna255.

I Personally dont like animal print full stop. IMHO it just looks naff. I agree with Artermis and Donna255.

Me too Dazzler - maybe I'm just of 'that age' but I also can't get beyond the 'Animal print = Bet Lynch' argument, which is pretty final & absolute as far as I'm concerned! :down:

Me too Dazzler - maybe I'm just of 'that age' but I also can't get beyond the 'Animal print = Bet Lynch' argument, which is pretty final & absolute as far as I'm concerned! :down:

Dont know about it being a age thing last time I went out with my friend we saw a young lady say about 20s she had leapord skin coat bag skirt and top and shoes the whole shabang. I think she really liked her lepord skin looks. I guess its down to personal preference but Im with you on this defo a no no.!!

Dont know about it being a age thing last time I went out with my friend we saw a young lady say about 20s she had leapord skin coat bag skirt and top and shoes the whole shabang.

Ah but I'm guessing those in their twenties are simply too young to remember the full horror of Bet Lynch & thus have not been psychologically <s>scarred</s> programmed into avoiding animal print at all costs.....? :grin:

Ah but I'm guessing those in their twenties are simply too young to remember the full horror of Bet Lynch & thus have not been psychologically <s>scarred</s> programmed into avoiding animal print at all costs.....? :grin:

:giggle: I see what you mean......

Latest posts

Back