Thumb Up for Hermes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
Just had a really nice phone conversation with my Hermes delivery man. Since Hermes took over I've tried having a few things delivered at home to save me carrying them home from work. So far the driver has left them in an outside cupboard, put a card put through the door telling me this, and it works great. Yesterday evening there was a card saying he'd tried to deliver and would try again today, leaving a phone number. I assumed it was a different driver who hadn't noticed the cupboard. I just rang to tell him he could leave the parcel in the cupboard and it turned out it was the same guy. He said he didn't want to risk leaving anything in the cupboard yesterday as a car had just pulled up and parked outside my flat and the people in it were watching him. Now that's what I call conscientious and caring. Hopefully when he returns today there won't be any voyeurs (sp)!!

What fantastic service Topaz. Its really nice to see that some people take pride in their work. I too have been impressed with my Hermes delivery lady. We have quite a nice chat when she delivers my parcels, as I'm on my own during the day I really apreciate it.

It just shows how it's down to the individual delivery person. I've had my last 2 QVC parcels left at the wrong address (same number but Road instead of Crescent) If this isn't bad enough he just leaves them at the back of the dustbins then marks on his gadged that he's put them in the garage!
QVC don't seem all that interested either - once they know I won't be claiming for a lost parcel they can't wait to get me off the phone.
Glad it's working well for you two though

Last edited:
Pleased you're having such good service. I think it's the luck of the drawer with the couriers. I waited a month for my deliveries which finally arrived two days ago. The courier blamed the fact that they are now having to deliver a lot of the smaller items that used to go via the Royal mail and this was causing a big backlog.
I live in hope that i will receive my Ojon tsv shortly as a lot of people have had theirs already. Wish i had your courier:rolleyes:

My Hermes man left my sonic toothbrush set in "my porch" and put a card throught he door !.....one slight problem I do not have a porch just a recess (not very deep).....needless to say the parcel went walkies:sad:

How nice to hear of someone using their common sense for a change, just sorry for those whose delivery people are not as good. My delivery lady is lovely, she has been off recently due to bereavement and I had a couple of deliveries from miserable moanies. It is great to have her back again, she always points out if she thinks there may be a problem with the package and has even waited while I have phoned customer services so she could take the parcel back with her if necessary.

Just had a really nice phone conversation with my Hermes delivery man. Since Hermes took over I've tried having a few things delivered at home to save me carrying them home from work. So far the driver has left them in an outside cupboard, put a card put through the door telling me this, and it works great. Yesterday evening there was a card saying he'd tried to deliver and would try again today, leaving a phone number. I assumed it was a different driver who hadn't noticed the cupboard. I just rang to tell him he could leave the parcel in the cupboard and it turned out it was the same guy. He said he didn't want to risk leaving anything in the cupboard yesterday as a car had just pulled up and parked outside my flat and the people in it were watching him. Now that's what I call conscientious and caring. Hopefully when he returns today there won't be any voyeurs (sp)!!

He sounds like a nice bloke, hes not just delivering the parcels and going home he actually is taking on board the customers feelings and belongings. excellent!

Latest posts

Back