Is anyone feeling Christmassy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

today's schedule is my idea of hell but the farting bear (if i'd seen it) may have brightened the day :)

Me too. The sun is shining it's nice and warm. The last thing i want to be reminded about is that it's exactly 3 months to christmas.

when you say it like that it fills me with dread!lol i started my xmas shopping the other day:tongue2:

I just don't want to think about it. now that "summer" seems to have arrived i want to make the most of it without stressing about xmas shopping. I bet when i finally get round to it i will regret not having started earlier!!!

just had a peek; 'interactive' they call him :D well my OH is the epitome of interactive then !!!

*or innards active

Oh dear Mrs James, am sorry to hear that.. You already have your own farting 'bear'.. Think it may have brightened your day.. Brightened mine :cheeky:

No.

I have a brief period in December of singing I want a Hippopotmus For Christmas and Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. It passes quickly replaced by the urge to rampage in stores with sharp weapons at the first hint of Little Drummer Boy.:rain:

I admit I enjoy these programmes !, but just how much "tat" can they cramm into the schedule ?, however a christmas tree for over £170 do they think we are made of money ? and where do you store such a giant of a tree ? , it would never squeeze through the little gap I have in my loft space !.
I like the "build up" to Christmas far more than the day itself but agree that September is far too soon be selling baubles etc !.:flower:

Just come back from the supermarket two aisles of christmas food, decorations etc. There's no getting away from it. Bah Humbug!!!!

Is anyone feeling Christmassy?

Not me! the twelve days of Christmas is more than enough for me .Hide

I am the ultimate grinch when it comes to christmas - i lost all my christmas spirit some 19 years or so ago! I have gone and got the christmas stickies, (just cause im a humbug, the rest of the family neednt miss out!) mind you, last night, in our local tesco, I was checking out the price of frozen turkeys - they had a extremely large turkey for sale, i had to look at the price twice! and asked my husband to confirm that i didnt have sight problems - £50.00!!! and the size turkey i bought last year for £8.00 is £24.00! Last time i saw turkeys in the shops (last easter) they werent that price!! whats going on? I havent even thought about presents yet! I have an all male household (apart from me!!) and i find that they are increasingly difficult to buy for as they get older - plus the eldest has a space problem, so it has to be something he needs, or he has to leave it at home - and then its a bit of a waste as a present. I wish christmas would start nearer to december, i find it quite depressing, looking at decorated trees in september! and pretty soon asda will have the carols on a loop, i cant stand Jonah Louis Can You Stop the Cavalry! it puts me on the brink of depression ! lol xxxxx

I started getting stuff ages ago,not cos I like Christmas or to be a smug thing that has it all wrapped and organised by end of Oct. I do it to stagger the cost and also to get things that I think my dear ones will actually like before the shops are flodded with over priced tat and I get sucked into thinking it's indispensible to have all those things. I was out of work Christmas 2006 and learnt a big lesson that it wasn't all about material things, raised cash for little gifts at a car boot and since then I have never gone overboard at the festive season as I learnt a life lesson about what really matters...my family and my friends. Not watching QVC today as I find it all a bit false and as other people have pointed out the sun is shining so it's into the garden for me

Shocked by those prices persianglitter. Oh dear it is going to be even more expensive this year then. Must resist the "unmissable" teachers/workmates/secret santa/uncle Tom Cobleigh and all tat, sorry unique and thoughtful presents being showcased.
I do love the preparation for Christmas and the family time but it is too much about money and show these days. I think the free spending rollicking Christmas is the exception not the rule or maybe I move in the wrong circles.

I am sitting in my shorts and vest sunbathing in sunny London. I have thought about christmas today as I asked my mum if she thought the family would got to a restaurant on Christmas day instead of arguing bout who was be hosting this year. A local restaurant is doing the full works for £34.00 which I didn't think was outrageous. I know it's a lot of money if there are a few going but I don't want to cook this year.

I have't seen the farting bear but I like the sound of it. No pun intended.

I am sitting in my shorts and vest sunbathing in sunny London. I have thought about christmas today as I asked my mum if she thought the family would got to a restaurant on Christmas day instead of arguing bout who was be hosting this year. A local restaurant is doing the full works for £34.00 which I didn't think was outrageous. I know it's a lot of money if there are a few going but I don't want to cook this year.

I have't seen the farting bear but I like the sound of it. No pun intended.

Hi Loveheart, same in this household, every october/november mull and codgitate the pros and cons for having our christmas lunch out - never have actually done it - was going to this year, it would be nice for a change for me at least! lol I should take a leaf out of my sister's book, and do it all from frozen, the roast spuds, yorks, veg everything. I usually cook the roast beast on christmas eve - slice it up christmas morning, and lay it out on the meat plate, and cover with cling film and leave on the oven top, so it warms, without drying out. I was going to be ultra lazy this year, and get all the ready peeled and sliced veg - and auntie bessies roast!!! there would be a riot of the spuds, if they arent homemade! lol its all the faffing about, the sauces, the stuffing etc - blooming christmas !! its a nightmare in that kitchen! and no last time i had a glass of wine whilst cooking it, it all went threpenny bits up! lol xxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back