OTT Packaging

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

centipede

Guest Shopper
Hi all,

I've just received my Smashbox Photofinish Lid Primer. Jury's out at moment on the product.

However, the box it came in is ridiculous - I expected a small padded envelope and a bit of bubblewrap. Instead I received a smart black box measuring 9.5 ins x 6.5 ins, by 2 ins deep. Primer tube is 4 ins long and 2 ins in circumference.

If I return it, it certainly won't be going back in that box with the associated postage! No wonder they charge so much for p&p.

I wonder if Smashbox insist on their own boxes or something?

I complained to CS about that when i ordered the primer. They said they would log the complaint and it would be passed on. They obviously haven't taken it on board.
I returned it because i didn't think it was that great, I sent it back in a padded jiffy bag and the postage was about a £1.

last week I ordered the smashbox halo try me 7g size,it arrived in a box that was way too big,you couldve fitted a dozen in it
a jiffy bag wouldve done the trick,no probs
ridiculous!!

I'll make a complaint too, LE Lover; good idea though not sure it will achieve much.

Hmm, interested that you didn't think much to the primer. I've tried it, making quite sure that my eyes were perfectly dry, with no cream, etc. as recommended, but still the waterproof eye liner (Smashbox) had mostly disappeared by lunch time. It does make a difference, giving nice clean lids, when I put it on to start with so I'll give it a few more goes.

Otherwise it will be the jiffy bag !!!

I'll make a complaint too, LE Lover; good idea though not sure it will achieve much.

Hmm, interested that you didn't think much to the primer. I've tried it, making quite sure that my eyes were perfectly dry, with no cream, etc. as recommended, but still the waterproof eye liner (Smashbox) had mostly disappeared by lunch time. It does make a difference, giving nice clean lids, when I put it on to start with so I'll give it a few more goes.

Otherwise it will be the jiffy bag !!!

Good luck with it. I have a supply of jiffy bags at home as i refuse to pay huge P&P charges to send something back. They haven't complained yet!:wink2:

I thought it was just me when the Smashbox jetliner and and brush arrived in the same sized box. Ridiculous!

The size box and weight will make no difference to QVC since they will have a postal and courier contract. Their only concern is that the contents reach you safely.

So long as the packaging can be recycled I don't really mind because that seems the greater crime. I never have any qualms about reducing my costs returning though.

last week I ordered the smashbox halo try me 7g size,it arrived in a box that was way too big,you couldve fitted a dozen in it
a jiffy bag wouldve done the trick,no probs
ridiculous!!

totally agree with you Queenie, mine came this morning and it was hard to find it lurking in all the packing, massive great box, a load of padding and a tiny wee thing of powder.

OTT packaging

I have twice now received jeweellery in A4 size boxes. this morning I got the Gems of the Orient jade ring, it is just a band of jade, in a silk purse, in a plastic bag, which was packed in this box similar to the one Amazon use to pack their books. I also had some Honora earrings in the same packaging.

this is just ridiculous and I am going to take it up with OFT.

I am sick of trying to deal with QVC, I had actually cancelled the ring but they still sent it saying there was no record of a cancellation.

I also cancelled the L'Occitane shower order, but they said it was too late, it was already being processed. two days later it still had not shipped. fed up with arguing with them, shall only shop with them very rarely.

Latest posts

Back