Philosophy - Birthday Week

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rudolf

Registered Shopper
I have never used Philosophy. I tried some of the fragrances in a JL shop but thought they smelled a bit like washing powder. I have to get some pressies for some friends of my daughter - aged early twenties - and I have seen some shower gels at a birthday week price.
Can anyone tell me if they are any good? The look good and are good sizes.

Thanks!

IMHO the Graces fragrances do smell like washing up powders. But the shower gels of other sorts- like melon, apple, chocolate etc., smell lovely!

Yes, you're right about the fragrances and no one has ever complimented me when I've been wearing them! I love the shower cremes though. There's a coconut one which is my favourite - I haven't tried the cocktail ones. I use Pure Grace shower creme which actually is a nice fragrance in the shower. You can use it as bubble bath aswell. There's also an exfoliating creme for in the shower which I like. Don't like the hair conditioner, but Body Butter is good (but I prefer lotions as they're easier to put on). For yourself I do recommend Hope in a Tube for your eyes.

Love the scrubs too, but not the Grace ones. The birthday week price pack of the 3 shower gels is a good buy and the sizes will last forever!

not keen on the graces but the showergels are nice but too pricey, i do really love falling in love i know some people cant stand it but its my fav perfume.
i havent used any of the skincare, im a bit scared it will be too much for my skin and bring me out in spots

I have never used Philosophy. I tried some of the fragrances in a JL shop but thought they smelled a bit like washing powder. I have to get some pressies for some friends of my daughter - aged early twenties - and I have seen some shower gels at a birthday week price.
Can anyone tell me if they are any good? The look good and are good sizes.

Thanks!

Hi Snuffles, I've had this collection and they were all very nice.

My favourite was the Mimosa. The smell reminded me of orange sherbet. A lovely fresh smelling one to use in the shower first thing in the morning to wake you up!

The Margarita has a sharp lime smell. Very pleasant.

The Strawberry Dacquiri smells a bit like strawberry chews to me!

My daughter (21 years old) loved them all. So I think they'll be a hit if you decide to buy them.

One other thing, although they smell great in the shower the 'scent' doesn't linger on the skin.

I'm tempted to get another set BUT, I have a healthy stockpile of shower gel so do I really need them? :thinking2:

I love the 3in1's. When we were in the US last year MrM bought me a huge set containing about 8 different 2oz bottles so I've probably tried the majority, if not all, of the range. The ones I particularly love though are the sweet smelling ones like Coconut Frosting, Cinnamon Buns and the chocolate ones. My absolute favourites though are Fresh Cream and Pumpkin Spiced Muffin (which I'm using at the moment and am hoping that QVC will bring back as I bought it in a three pack, like the set the OP is looking at, last year).

Would mention though that over on HQHair Outlet there are some Xmassy Philosophy lip glosses on sale at £15.00 for a set of three, would make ideal Christmas presents for friends. Their lipglosses are lovely and not at all gloopy. x

Thanks all! Looks like a thumbs up - and I'll also have a look on the web for those lip glosses.

I'm (very recently) 27 and have been using Philosophy for years (amongst everything else sold by qvc) and love them - in fact I only shower with either philosophy or l'occitane. They smell great and look good in the bathroom, plus you know they must be good if Primark do a rip-off version. I always get a good lather from them and because they're so thick it takes hardly any to get good foam making them last for ages. Plus I've found they are really good as shampoo (particularly the amazing grace one).

I'd love to buy more of the foody ones but they're so expensive usually so I mainly use the graces because thats what they always stick in the TSV.

Oh and I have received compliments on the amazing grace and falling in love perfumes, although maybe I just usually stink!

Saw amazing grace in TK Maxx - had body butter, and scrubs I think - never seen it before. Sorry cant remember how much.
I resisted busy using everything up!!
Mollymoo

I absolutely love the pure Grace fragrance. I know a lot of people don't like it but i wear it every day and always feel clean and fresh. People never ask what perfume are you wearing they just say you smell nice. The only downside is that it doesn't stay all day as they claim

I love the shower gel, but don't like it as a shampoo. The conditioner smells gorgeous but didn't like the way it made my hair feel(it takes a lot to beat ojon) The PG body butter is lovely and sinks in quickly.

The kiss me lip glosses are great and not too sticky.

As for skincare i always use LE or elemis but tried the the micro delivery peel which was excellent.

I think the packaging is a key ingredient to Philosophy's success - it just looks pure, effective and fun to use. Estee Lauder type stuff always looks too manufactured and commercial. With Philosophy I always think I've unearthed some secret to younger skin and lasting beauty!

I love Philosophy shower gels and body scrubs (I have lots of each!). My favourite Philosophy shower gel is Senorita Margarita closely followed by Sugar Plum Fairy. I ordered 2 sets of the Deluxe Cocktail Party Shower Gel Trio when it was at the birthday week price (it's gone back up to full price now). It was too much of a bargain to miss especially as it contains Senorita Margarita! :)

I love 288719 the 'Diet You Can't Live Without' trio. Philosophy shower gels are my favourite, followed by L'Occitane and Molton Brown. I use heaps of different Philosophy products and love them all. I don't use them as a shampoo though because I love the Shear Splendour shampoo.

Latest posts

Back