There is just so little

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally agree - can't remember the last time I switched it on. Oh yes I can, it was for the Ojon TSV a week ago and prior to that it was to watch the Charlie Bears! Nothing much appeals any more.

Yep, very little, either the FARTS subliminal messaging is starting to have an effect or there really is nothing worth buying! lol
I did vaguely show an interest in a pair of pillowcases today, reduced from 9 quid something to 6 quid something for Birthday Week or whatever but then realised they were charging £4.45 p&p (for two housewife pillowcases!), so lapsed back into total apathy & disinterest! *sigh*

I couldn't agree more. I have lost interest in most of it, even the beauty shows. I always used to watch when I was at home but now I have a quick peek and turn over. It just seems to be the same items over and over, some times in a different kit or a different smell but basically its the same old same old.

I switch it on and then quickly switch it off on being confronted by same old same old. I'm Ojoned out, Northern Nights Knackered and Philosophy fed up.
No more QVC!! Please search out some new gear before I give up on you altogether :51:

I used to really like watching QVC, I used to have it on in the background, while doing my homework, and believe it or not I used to like all the presenters. I don’t know why I'm not a fan of QVC anymore. It just seems a little too irrelevant and very boring nowadays, maybe I’ve moved on, I don’t know, it's definately not as good as it used to be. Not a fan of the whole Bassogate saga either.:down:

Last edited:
I was thinking just the same thing this week. Very little that's new or exciting; they just seem to be trying to clear out the warehouse.

The question is... 'How much stuff do you need?'... I have just had a massive clear out and do not want to start accumulating 'stuff' again. I watch this forum more than QVC these days, much more informative and fun.

It just all seems so DULL . Even new products or brands , when they have them are DULL and I know the presentation is hyped beyond belief. QVC really needs an injection of , quality , value and convieneince. Things that sre sadly lacking at the moment

The question is... 'How much stuff do you need?'... I have just had a massive clear out and do not want to start accumulating 'stuff' again. I watch this forum more than QVC these days, much more informative and fun.
Yes how much bedding do we need, how many digital cameras, how many video cameras, how many Archos whatever they ares do we need? I'm still a sucker for L'Occitane but I've cut back a lot on other purchases and don't feel like I'm missing out

Totally agree. I used to have in on in the background if doing something. Now its not even worth the effort of that. I flick on it in the ad breaks of other shows I watch. Then just flick quickly on.

I really only watch the Craft shows, and they are getting very formulaic, too, because of the prevalence of card kits. I havn't watched since Ojon and there's nothing I want to see today. I'll have a look at the craft TSV on the website tomorrow but am out all day from early morning. At one time, I used to be desolate if I missed some of my favourite shows but the same old stuff repeats itself....

Totally agree. I would have it on all the time and make time to watch the beauty shows. Now I hardly have it on and as for buying nothing seems to interest me anymore. We need new, interesting and rare things to be brought in - not the same old stuff over and over again.

Completely agree. Not much that interests me these days either BUT I think that is a bonus, rather than a disappointment, as it means I'm not wasting my money!!

I had a big clear out of clothes recently - I can find stuff to wear now! But too need to get rid of a load of books, CDs etc etc as I want to move within the next 6 months and do not want to lug them with me / stick 'em in storage!

No quotes cos really I could quote you all as it sounds like you are all on my wave length, other than Harald there had been nothing that has grabbed my attention lately. They really need to a) up their game fashion wise
b) cut the p&p
c) get some new exciting and different products

I prefer the forum to QVC. There was a time I'd be really excited about certain shows but it's so samey these days and I just flick it on when I'm ironing or check it out in the ad breaks during Corrie. I find the prices very steep these days and the choice is sadly lacking.

You are certainly not alone, it seems like they're stuck in a rut with the same limited selection of brands, and the same products within those brands too. They've become increasingly jaded, and so have I. Still, not having anything to catch my eye helps a lot when I'm as broke as I am at the moment :thinking2:

I agree, I think they must bank on getting new viewers all the time. They keep on trying to sell the same items year after year. something will come on and I think " I had that 2 years ago" The only thing I watch now is craft and gem shows but not very often. Most of the presenters annoy me ( except for Ant of course) like Huggles I come on the forum much more than QVC. Also I don't think the prices are realistic in this finacial climate.

Latest posts

Back