Debbie Flint .... What do you think?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi, I am new to this forum but wanted to say I saw Debbie Flint on the Thornton's hour today - reserving judgement on her for the time being but know if I was let loose on all that chocolate you'd have to roll me out of the studio afterwards :tongue2:, is she incrediby strong minded or am I just soooo weak?:thinking2:

Hi, I am new to this forum but wanted to say I saw Debbie Flint on the Thornton's hour today - reserving judgement on her for the time being but know if I was let loose on all that chocolate you'd have to roll me out of the studio afterwards :tongue2:, is she incrediby strong minded or am I just soooo weak?:thinking2:

You're soooooooo weak, but welcome to the forum!:hi::hi:

Yes you must have....

Oops, I must have missed the tacky nails and fat, stubby fingers. That'll teach me to pay too much attention to the presenter & guest as a whole instead of looking for something than I can bitch about. Silly me, thinking that the goods on sale are the most important thing. Well, I won't be making that mistake in future, I'll keep my eyes peeled and report back:cheeky:

I don't think the comments about her nails are cheap shots Tabs. Presenting jewellery, in particular, does involve lots of close ups of hands and nails and whereas the hands are big, small, fat or slender is largely irrelevant, the appearance of the nails is very important imho as the eye is drawn to them in close up shots. A good manicure can make the most inelegant hand look good but DF's nails were awful and she really needs to find herself a decent technician to get rid of those dreadful, big, glaringly white squared monstrosities that accentuated her chunky fingers. I do wish more presenters would persevere with their own nails because unless Frenchies or extensions are really expertly applied to look as natural as possible they all look dire.

I rest my case lol .... I didnt say she was bad, on the contrary we said she seemed confident,,,, it was a comment on the nails .

its early days but i wasnt keen from what i saw this weekend. i have no issue with her appearance, we can deal with the clothes and nails as time progresses, but there was an element of marketstall trader about her presentation that was very unattractive and seemed more appropriate to an over-eager guest then a presenter.

a step backwards imho.

Great to see her back and still down to earth.
I was listening more than watching as i was trying to get a rogue laminator to work, and her voice didn't grate on me like a lot of the others do! and so i wasn't aware of her nails, and I'm not sure that it would have bothered me anyway
She still has the lovely chuckle and doesn't force it like some, and i thought that it was a nice touch when she acknowledged emails directed to her she remarked that they should be to the guest.
He was nice too and seemed quite happy to join in, but i was thinking that perhaps a bigger audience than normal (us being nosy at Debbies return perhaps?) had been tuning in.

We might not have Paul back (yet? lol) but we did have his son this weekend

I don't think the comments about her nails are cheap shots Tabs. Presenting jewellery, in particular, does involve lots of close ups of hands and nails and whereas the hands are big, small, fat or slender is largely irrelevant, the appearance of the nails is very important imho as the eye is drawn to them in close up shots. A good manicure can make the most inelegant hand look good but DF's nails were awful and she really needs to find herself a decent technician to get rid of those dreadful, big, glaringly white squared monstrosities that accentuated her chunky fingers. I do wish more presenters would persevere with their own nails because unless Frenchies or extensions are really expertly applied to look as natural as possible they all look dire.

I rest my case lol .... I didnt say she was bad, on the contrary we said she seemed confident,,,, it was a comment on the nails .

I didn't say your comments were cheap shots, I was merely trying to introduce a lightheartedness (is that a word?) to the thread. It just struck me that I had something humourous (or not, it seems :sad:) to add to your comment. I don't have a problem with anyone's opinion, on this forum, or elsewhere. I think a problem with forums/texting/emails etc is that the reader can't see the writer's facial expression when he/she hits the 'submit' button and so they can take take offence when none was intended. I really am a nice guy with no 'side' to me or hidden agenda. I think these forums should be fun places, where we come to vent our frustrations, express anger at CS (Please, if there's anyone here with the username 'CS', I don't mean you - before I upset my 27th member in three days), but ultimately to have a laugh. If my comments came across as bitchy, it's more than likely because I can be a bitch but I really don't want to upset anyone. Today it's my comment to you that caused upset, tomorrow it'll be someone causing me upset but hey, that's life. I can live with that as long we all don't start hating each other:wink2:

I have no opinion on DF's nails, I'm not a person who is interested in those things. I will say that DF seems down to earth but did think that when Anthony came on during her show it seemed as if she was struggling a bit and he was sent on to help her out (or is he just a chocoholic? - this I can understand), anyway I've never seen her at work before on any channel so my comment may be completely off track.

All I can say is that if I was Kathy, Sara or Catherine I'd be quaking in me boots right now as what Debbie does well is friendly presenting in a professional way...no fluffing around, looking dizzy (Kathy) or constantly talking over the guests (Catherine) or appearing vacuous (Sara):giggle: I wonder which one will be first to go?

Mind you, I'd have LOVED to be a fly on the wall when they announced she was coming back...just to see the look on Julia's face:angel:

tvs

Hi All !
We have just watched Debbie Flint (having taped the Honora show from earlier..) as one half of the Addicted Couple works hard in care work...and needs the soft Ralph tones and his products to relax away the stress lol...as we have never seen her on TV before, we thought she did ok... maybe JR will get a run for her money as some say! :giggle:

Didn't like the rather tacky nails, with far too much white which made her hands look fat and stubby..... a more subtle french tip would be much better,that apart, she seems confident in what she does.

Oh god! Sack her now then! I didn't notice the nails and that is key to being a presenter.

Can we also get Kathy sacked for bad hair? It puts me off buying shampoo, stylers, curlers, conditioner, stylees and hats:giggle:

tvs

I have no opinion on DF's nails, I'm not a person who is interested in those things. I will say that DF seems down to earth but did think that when Anthony came on during her show it seemed as if she was struggling a bit and he was sent on to help her out (or is he just a chocoholic? - this I can understand), anyway I've never seen her at work before on any channel so my comment may be completely off track.

Hi lizdelassa, No Anthony is what can only described as a foodaholic. He seems either to enjoy the food/chocs that QVC prepare/provide or they don't pay him enough to feed himself. If there's food about and you see an arm appear from 'off camera', chances are it belongs to Anthony. He's probably just getting something for the crew to eat tho:wink2:

I watched Debbie on the Easiyo hour.

It was great to have her back. Plain straight forward no nonsense presentation. The right amount of jolly and credit to her for getting the various combinations of phone numbers right on her first few days back. (I know that they are probably on a big board)

I have no idea how old Debbie is these days but I thought she looked great. There is nothing worse than a presenter trying to dress in fashion more suited to a teenager. After 9 years away Debbie has aged well and dresses to reflect that maturity while still seeming youthful

I look forward to more shows with Debbie and hope she brings a sense of fun back to QVC.

To echo many others. All we need now is Paul Lavers back. It would be good to see him selling real products rather than some of the carp he has been pushing on the higher numbered shopping channels in recent years

Paul and Debbie together again would be a unmissable

Stuart

One of the things I always liked about Debbie as I said in the other thread is that she's natural and a real woman who other real women can identify with and does not try to be something she's not unlike other presenters who shall remain nameless but insist they are a size small when clearly they are not! She has a friendly way about her and although she was a little nervous today in the first hour , she was professional and explained the products clearly without all the b**ls**t the others come out with.
I think she's great and hope she's back for good!

I agree totally; she has such an innate talent, so natural. She was born to be a tv shopping presenter. She hasn't changed one bit; she is still my favourite presenter. I couldn't believe her son, Bradley, is 22! I can remember when he and Lauren were on the new year's eve / day tsv show, as kids!

Welcome back, Debs, don't go anywhere this time! QVC needs you!

Exactly!

I am glad she is back,she's just natural,not false in any way. doesnt pretend to be something she's not... a breath of fresh air

Well said Queenie! She also (as someone else has already said) has a nice tone to her voice. I thought that she did very well with Ralph the pearl man. She asked sensible questions and let him answer without interuptions.

Last edited:

Having watched Debs since 1995 she is a very confident and professional presenter and nothing much phases her - She did say yesterday that she was being told "in her ear" that a "man(no name)" was coming onto the set and she said "she wasn't sure if she could mention it" so i reckon that might have been the reason for Lizdelassa getting the above impression when Anthony appeared? Anthony's only objective when he came onto set was to get as many choccies as possible - if i remember rightly he came back for more choccies "for the gallery" - he's admitted in the past to enjoying his food/choccies.

Welcome Lizdelassa

I watched Debbie on the Easiyo hour.

It was great to have her back. Plain straight forward no nonsense presentation. The right amount of jolly and credit to her for getting the various combinations of phone numbers right on her first few days back. (I know that they are probably on a big board)

I have no idea how old Debbie is these days but I thought she looked great. There is nothing worse than a presenter trying to dress in fashion more suited to a teenager. After 9 years away Debbie has aged well and dresses to reflect that maturity while still seeming youthful

I look forward to more shows with Debbie and hope she brings a sense of fun back to QVC.

To echo many others. All we need now is Paul Lavers back. It would be good to see him selling real products rather than some of the carp he has been pushing on the higher numbered shopping channels in recent years

Paul and Debbie together again would be a unmissable

Stuart

I so agree Stuart - it would be great if Paul Lavers came back to QVC. Paul and Debbie were good together but then again i remember some memorable shows with Ali Young and Julia Roberts too,some of these memories can still make me laugh out loud today. Julia,Debs,Lavers and AY all have different presenting techniques but the thing is they compliment each other so well IMO giving us a good cross section of shows,which we want to watch and hence buy from - the classic win win situation.

Great to have Debs back.

Last edited:
Considering Debbie left QVC nearly 10 years ago I thought she did an absolutely fantastic job. To me it seemed like she'd never been away. Well done Debbie you're a :star:

It was great to see Debbie back at QVC, she is a natural and cant believe she has been away for 9 years. xx

Latest posts

Back