Beauty TSV bags that you remember/still have

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have an elemis bag, that is great as a wash bag-two compartments one has waterproof lining (must be many years old)
Liz Earle pale blue cosmetic bag and toilet bag.
Navy molton brown small bag with handles.

I have a nice Liz Earle vanity case with a mirror inside which I use every day as I store all my skin products I'm currently using. Sorry have no ideas of colour, but it's about 2-3 years old now.

I have a Molton Brown gift box I still use just to stand odds and ends in, it's a very strong cardboard, it was one of the Christmas TSV's, again have no idea of colour I'm sorry.

Katie

A rummage in the back of the wardrobe has revealed:
Elemis Purple velvet drawstring bag and oval shaped one with handle
Elemis black mini backpack
Elemis white cotton waffle drawstring bag
Elemis silver handbag with magnetic clasp (from BCC event years ago)
Elemis large case x 2 one in cream and one in navy
Elemis purple striped beach bag
Molton Brown round brown case and a burgundy square one (years old)
Molton Brown large black bags x 3
Gatineau white quilted drawstring bag
Gatineau small square white quilted bags x2
Gatineau beach bag
LE peach drawstring bag with pockets inside
Decleor large travel bag & small ones used for makeup
Decleor large cotton floral bag (years old)
eeekkkkkkk!! I feel like I've just been to confession!!!
Not to mention the ones I've given away and collection from Clarins :grin:

Until fairly recently I couldn't bear to hear of anybody buying a toiletry bag or make up bag because I had a massive sack load of them in one of the drawers under the bed - and I was only too happy to drag the sack out for a rummage if anybody needed one.

I even took them all to a car boot sale at one point where we sold a few for 50p each, and then I put a bunch up on The Bay for sale and gave the remaining 50 or so bags to the Heart Foundation shop and our local women's shelter.

My favourite bag ever was a Smashbox make up bag with a mish-mash of fashiony type photos printed all over it. It was very plasticky but it made a pretty darn cool make up bag! It might even have been a set of two. (I wonder whatever happened to that?)

A dark brown and turquoise Models Prefer overnight bag is still in use. (I used it this past weekend when we travelled to a wedding) I like the sections and the extra bit in the bottom for your shoes. I also use a Models Prefer hanging make up roll both at home and when I travel. It makes me feel organized, and because the sections are clear it's all easy to find. I gave the red croc bag to my friend for Christmas and she still loves it. You can fit a laptop in it doncha know! ;) :D

I kept all the Liz Earle bags for ages but none of the eveningy ones were really my style, and once I'd had one nice sized toiletry bag from her I didn't really need any more. They were very well made though weren't they?

The ten plus years old Liz Earle toiletry bag got replaced by a powder blue Elemis one about a year or so. My son and Hubby both use a gunmetal Elemis one and my daughter had a cotton Decleor bag as her PE bag for a long while. (It now lives as a "small but handy" reuseable shopping bag in my handbag.)

I use a Lord and Berry pencil case style bag to keep my on the go brushes in my bag, and my make up is in a small metallic silver Models prefer (again!) ring binder organizer make up bag with clip off and zip off sections.

My pink Mally make up roll from the last TSV got sold on The Bay because it was in no way large enough for all the make up I like to have at my disposal at all times. (It was cute though!)

There was a really small off white Elemis make up bag that was really too tiny to be very useful, but was made of this lovely strokeable slightly rubbery stuff...

Alpha H bags are quite useful with their clear sections and all, but unfortunately they have Alpha H written on them in big lettering and I have an aversion to that kind of thing. :eek:

I've still got the Models Prefer Black Clutch bag....still use it too! :D

My Mum has a bit of a thing about the Gayle Hayman ones so she gets them - although my daughter uses the leopard print slouch bag style one with the bronze trim from a few TSVs ago.

Blimey that's a lot of bags! :D

Until fairly recently I couldn't bear to hear of anybody buying a toiletry bag or make up bag because I had a massive sack load of them in one of the drawers under the bed - and I was only too happy to drag the sack out for a rummage if anybody needed one.

I even took them all to a car boot sale at one point where we sold a few for 50p each, and then I put a bunch up on The Bay for sale and gave the remaining 50 or so bags to the Heart Foundation shop and our local women's shelter.

My favourite bag ever was a Smashbox make up bag with a mish-mash of fashiony type photos printed all over it. It was very plasticky but it made a pretty darn cool make up bag! It might even have been a set of two. (I wonder whatever happened to that?)

A dark brown and turquoise Models Prefer overnight bag is still in use. (I used it this past weekend when we travelled to a wedding) I like the sections and the extra bit in the bottom for your shoes. I also use a Models Prefer hanging make up roll both at home and when I travel. It makes me feel organized, and because the sections are clear it's all easy to find. I gave the red croc bag to my friend for Christmas and she still loves it. You can fit a laptop in it doncha know! ;) :D

I kept all the Liz Earle bags for ages but none of the eveningy ones were really my style, and once I'd had one nice sized toiletry bag from her I didn't really need any more. They were very well made though weren't they?

The ten plus years old Liz Earle toiletry bag got replaced by a powder blue Elemis one about a year or so. My son and Hubby both use a gunmetal Elemis one and my daughter had a cotton Decleor bag as her PE bag for a long while. (It now lives as a "small but handy" reuseable shopping bag in my handbag.)

I use a Lord and Berry pencil case style bag to keep my on the go brushes in my bag, and my make up is in a small metallic silver Models prefer (again!) ring binder organizer make up bag with clip off and zip off sections.

My pink Mally make up roll from the last TSV got sold on The Bay because it was in no way large enough for all the make up I like to have at my disposal at all times. (It was cute though!)

There was a really small off white Elemis make up bag that was really too tiny to be very useful, but was made of this lovely strokeable slightly rubbery stuff...

Alpha H bags are quite useful with their clear sections and all, but unfortunately they have Alpha H written on them in big lettering and I have an aversion to that kind of thing. :eek:

My Mum has a bit of a thing about the Gayle Hayman ones so she gets them - although my daughter uses the leopard print slouch bag style one with the bronze trim from a few TSVs ago.

Love A'kin that is bags of bags. I have never heard of such a lot of bags in my life. Glad to hear you had a good clearout. You must feel so much lighter now. Stop buying bags. that's an order.

Gatineau beach bag

Wow, that is some pile of bags. You almost beat love A'kin but not quite.

That bag was in the first Smashbox TSV I ever bought! There were two actually and they have poppers so they can be held together. It also contained the mousse blusher which I loved and my all-time favourite Smashbox lip colour called Shade.

Some of the bags described I have, some I remeber being aired but some of the early ones I've never seen sound lovely.

I do think a bag is a bit of a swayer when deciding whether to buy a TSV and they don't seem to do that many anymore which is a shame but at least I don't have to try to find a home for them! :giggle:

I had a purge recently and took a load of stuff including some TSV bags to the new charity shop near me but did keep a purple velvet Elemis one as it's so pretty and soft. I have some see thru plastic zip bags that were free with magazines that I store essentials in (pen tissues lipbalm notebook diary etc) that i find very useful as I swop and change my handbags. Basically I dump the transparent bag of essentials into the bag of choice. That makes me sounds far more efficient and organised than I actually am.

I have 2 black satin evening bags that came with the Ivana Trump perfume. That is a very long time ago!!:blush:

Invariably, and in paticular with the MB bags, Alison Young always declared you could put a value of £25 against it!.

Love A'kin that is bags of bags. I have never heard of such a lot of bags in my life. Glad to hear you had a good clearout. You must feel so much lighter now. Stop buying bags. that's an order.

:giggle: at bags of bags! I can safely promise not to buy any make up and toiletry bags my sweet cos I don't think I ever have bought one. (QVC always gave them to me when I bought a bunch of other stuff! :D)

But handbags...I could never make any promises ;)

That bag was in the first Smashbox TSV I ever bought! There were two actually and they have poppers so they can be held together. It also contained the mousse blusher which I loved and my all-time favourite Smashbox lip colour called Shade.

Some of the bags described I have, some I remeber being aired but some of the early ones I've never seen sound lovely.

I do think a bag is a bit of a swayer when deciding whether to buy a TSV and they don't seem to do that many anymore which is a shame but at least I don't have to try to find a home for them! :giggle:

Ooh I lived and died in Shade lipstick for years! I'm glad someone else remembers those photo bags...so they did come in a set of two! (not demented after all! :whew2: :whew2: :whew2:)

A bag definitely sways me... :blush:

I had a purge recently and took a load of stuff including some TSV bags to the new charity shop near me but did keep a purple velvet Elemis one as it's so pretty and soft. I have some see thru plastic zip bags that were free with magazines that I store essentials in (pen tissues lipbalm notebook diary etc) that i find very useful as I swop and change my handbags. Basically I dump the transparent bag of essentials into the bag of choice. That makes me sounds far more efficient and organised than I actually am.

What a fab idea! Why have I never thought of that?! :D

I have a peachy coloured solid vanity case from LE, from when her products were 1st launched & the products & muslin cloths were peach & white. It's been a great bag & kept it's looks. Also, have a nice large pale blue soft zip up bag from LE.
I too have the purple velvet Elemis bag that seems so popular. I have used this as a travel toiletry bag for years, so much that the lining is starting to detach, but I don't want to throw it out.:sad:
I have a round, snakeskin, brown zip up bag from Molton Brown.
I have had so many others, but passed them on so I don't have a constant reminder of how much money I blew on TSV's!!!:blush:

I also use a Models Prefer hanging make up roll both at home and when I travel. It makes me feel organized, and because the sections are clear it's all easy to find. I gave the red croc bag to my friend for Christmas and she still loves it. You can fit a laptop in it doncha know! ;) :D

What a fun thread!

Most of mine have gone with a gift or else to ebay included with the product. There is a limit to how many bags any girl can use and I used to be quite a beauty buying addict. Strange isn't it how they are so rare now compared with the past? Although this thread perhaps proves that few were of any real use to us.....

That Smashbox one has without doubt been the most useful as it has been in daily use as my make up bag since then which must be many years. I only kept the small one - the larger went to ebay, probably with the unwanted section of TSV.

Another one I found invaluable in gym bag and travel is a black make up roll (no clear sections so different to yours) and fairly sure it was a Models Prefer also? You can fit loads securely in it including brushes.

The MP red croc bag is still sitting in my cupboard without purpose so thanks for the laptop tip and I might just try it out :D

What a fun thread!

Most of mine have gone with a gift or else to ebay included with the product. There is a limit to how many bags any girl can use and I used to be quite a beauty buying addict. Strange isn't it how they are so rare now compared with the past? Although this thread perhaps proves that few were of any real use to us.....

That Smashbox one has without doubt been the most useful as it has been in daily use as my make up bag since then which must be many years. I only kept the small one - the larger went to ebay, probably with the unwanted section of TSV.

Another one I found invaluable in gym bag and travel is a black make up roll (no clear sections so different to yours) and fairly sure it was a Models Prefer also? You can fit loads securely in it including brushes.

The MP red croc bag is still sitting in my cupboard without purpose so thanks for the laptop tip and I might just try it out :D

I'm pretty sure I did exactly the reverse and kept the big one and put the smaller one up for auction on The Bay. I was moaning to hubby about how was it possible to lose thing like that and our house must be like some kind of black hole.... and he reminded me that I got my bag nicked on a train station platform several years ago so it was probably the make up bag that was in it. he remembers that the thing I was most upset about was losing the lipstick that was in it! :eek: :D

This lady with several small children asked me for help with all the kids and the buggy getting down the steps. In order to help her I put my massive bag down...and when I came back up the steps it was gone. I was only ever about 12 feet away from it. Luckily I had my asthma inhaler, ticket and cash in my pocket or I'd have been done for!

One 'bag' I'd forgotton about is the Models Prefer black snakeskin makeup box that had draws and sections that opened out, think it may have been a xmas tsv, it now holds all the single Smashbox eyeshadows, and the drawers are great for lip and eye pencils, mascara etc.

One 'bag' I'd forgotton about is the Models Prefer black snakeskin makeup box that had draws and sections that opened out, think it may have been a xmas tsv, it now holds all the single Smashbox eyeshadows, and the drawers are great for lip and eye pencils, mascara etc.

Glad that I didn't see that one! I couldn't possibly have done a FART!

Gatineau beach bag

Good grief! So you like Elemis then?

Isn't it???
I have the small rubbery Elemis one too. I tried to wash it because I liked it so much but it didn't work. Still have it in a drawer somewhere.
Just realised how much of Stacey's stuff I have missed out on, so many bags! I feel quite weak with relief!

Isn't it???
I have the small rubbery Elemis one too. I tried to wash it because I liked it so much but it didn't work. Still have it in a drawer somewhere.
Just realised how much of Stacey's stuff I have missed out on, so many bags! I feel quite weak with relief!

I had no blummen idea that I'd ever bought so much Models Prefer! I must have been sucked in by the bags since that seems to be all that I remember and all that I am still using!

Latest posts

Back