Are QVC biased with customer reviews??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shopping is fun

Alfa Lover
In my view yes they are. I have submitted reviews about certain products and I have noticed that QVC do not show them. Am I correct in thinking that the reviews are submitted to a third party and then they are listed?? I think QVC have more of a hand in the reviews than they are probably prepared to admit, especially if you totally detest a product that they are pushing hard to sell.

I have written several reviews, both positive and negative, and they have all been published. So, No, I don't agree. :)

Not all of mine have appeared - some positive some negative, even if I'm being negative I tend to do it in a constructive way and even those reviews weren't published. I've seen some truly horrendous ones about products that get on there, though - so there seems to be no rhyme or reason to their system.

I've been both positive and negative in all of my reviews and all have been shown. As long as you stick to the guidelines they state, they should publish them. Might be worth checking with customer services if everyone is stating that all their reviews are shown.

Well someone had a review rejected for using an inappropriate word.

Crotch being the astoundingly offensive term in question. :D:D:D:D:D

I have written negative ones and they are on the website.

I've written constructive ones ie as an avid fan why I didn't go for it - they've been showing up,but within 24 hrs are no longer there,so all I can think is that someoene - visitor or qvc - deem it as "inappropriate!"

I've also written negative ones that haven't been put up - so that makes me think how good is a product really ie how people have written a negative thats not showing?

I have had both good and bad published. More worringly though, i have noticed some products i have been monitoring may today have an average of 2 but for example they are the chosen days TSV or the guest is on for a few shows, for some reason the average jumps to for with the posting of a number of top rated reviews!!!

All of mine, positive or negative, except for one, have been published. The one that wasn't published was a positive review for the product but did mention that it could be bought elsewhere, cheaper. That would suggest that QVC are being 'honest in a round about way'. They don't mind too much if you want to slag off the products but don't ever mention the total cost (incl postage) or that they're not always the cheapest. Of course, they could just edit my reviews and cut out the offending bits if they wanted. Now, I only review products I've brought from them (and it has to be exceptional), rather than the products they sell that I've bought from another cheaper seller. My reasoning being that if they won't let me (try to) protect peoples pockets from over-pricing, then I'm not going to help them shift more stuff.

Like others here, I've not had all my reviews put on the site, and it makes no difference whether they are good or bad.

Amazon seem to publish reviews straightaway if you rate a product 4+ stars, and then put a delay on if it's less than this - ergo, you get some negs on 4+ star reviews as buyers have cottoned on!

tvs

My "mixed" Sarah Chapman reviews mentioning the surprising ingredients such as mineral oil, fragrance, and silicones were posted and then removed.

I made sure that I included some positives about the pump dispenser and the texture, and the smell, and Sarah Chapman being well respected - but I'm guessing that the brand had worked so hard to position themselves as "high end" "luxury" "Natural" and "skin experts" by obfuscating their ingredients lists that they couldn't have little ole me giving the game away by mentioning ingredients that are definitely NOT high end. luxury, good for skin, or natural could they?! :giggle::rolleyes:

Fortunately they don't control the rest of the internet and I post the same info all over the place, all the time! :D

They deliberately set out to mislead us so that they can charge us an arm and a leg for their products.

I find that rather annoying.

Never peee off anyone in marketing - we know how to get our voice out there! :D :clapping: :tongue2:

Has anyone reported an "inappropriate" review? I get sick of reading 1* reviews which are glowing in their recommendation of a product; I assume the customer rated as * instead of the ***** by mistake. Trouble is it affects the average star rating. I've seen a few the other way (even more misleading) where the review poster has mistakenly awarded a product 5 stars but it's clear from their slating of the product that they meant to give 1 star.

I've read reviews referring to Beth Terrell quality when the item is from Centigrade; I'd think these are the type of reviews that need weeding out but they seem to slip thru the net, is it worth my time reporting them though?

Jude xx

Has anyone reported an "inappropriate" review? I get sick of reading 1* reviews which are glowing in their recommendation of a product; I assume the customer rated as * instead of the ***** by mistake. Trouble is it affects the average star rating. I've seen a few the other way (even more misleading) where the review poster has mistakenly awarded a product 5 stars but it's clear from their slating of the product that they meant to give 1 star.

I've read reviews referring to Beth Terrell quality when the item is from Centigrade; I'd think these are the type of reviews that need weeding out but they seem to slip thru the net, is it worth my time reporting them though?

Jude xx

It irritates me too! My friend marks those one's "unhelpful" - but I just think that's mean! :eek: I think they should do away with the No option on the grounds that if you can't say something nice... :D

I think that you shoudl be able to edit your comments

Jude xx

I think that there should be a facility to edit your own comments, even at a later date. As mentioned above some reviews are clearly glowing but the reviewer has clicked on the wrong star and this knocks out the average. I personally have given a three star rating far too quickly only to find that the product was better than I thought. This can happen with beauty kits when you don't use everything at once. We need to be able to change our minds if need be. We are women after all!

Last edited:
I too wish there was an edit button - as I mentioned on here when it happened, I reviewed a kitchen item and posted on some nails inc, purchased at the same time so both were on my mind. Don't they notice glaring errors like that and do something about it, silly.

Latest posts

Back