Leonie is moving to create and craft!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good luck to Leonie, I really like her style of presenting, she is always putting the finished cards up to show first :clapping: Can't warm to Amy,sorry :thinking2: she makes me think she is teaching to kindygartners, just can't watch her :giggle:
Seems qvc chose Amy presenting over Leonie :smirk: their loss!!

Daydreamer

I'll miss Leonie on QVC and I have to say that I'm not usually a watcher of C & C but might be more tempted with Leonie over there - although I don't like the over-fussy style of some of their craft items.
I haven't yet taken to Amy, although she has improved enormously since she first went to air.

But, having read Leonie's blog (link posted earlier in this thread), I really think the decision was Leonie's and it was a big one - her link with Dawn/Topaz going back long before QVC days I believe. She made a lot of the fact that she had no problem with Dawn etc in her blog.
I really do wish her every success!

If I had any idea who she was, I could form an opinion. If she's on the craft hours, chances are I won't have seen her. IW / CC are welcome to her - there's too much craft on shopping tv as it is!

Apart from the fact that Amy has zilch personality, Leonie brings a young, fresher look to crafting. Both Dawn and Amy are matronly to look at and dour in manner. I like Leonie's giggling and if she makes a mistake, she doesn't blame everyone else. Ah well, QVC's loss.......

It seems that she's going to be a presenter rather than a guest crafter. I wonder how she'll fare at selling because at the moment she concentrates on the crafting aspect.

I agree she may not get to much crafting, Stephanie doesn't. Leonies crafting skills are good, but as a presenter she bugs me, her stupid 'ikkle' voice, her stupid 'I'm so cute and small' head tilt, and the way she licks her grubby ikkle fingers to leaf through papers disgusts me.

they've just got one down to earth presenter back and now they're losing good old 'common as muck' (like me) Leonie*

* Yes, I craft. Yes I'm gay (which, incidently stands for 'Good As You') and yes, I like musical theatre :wink2:

Who you or Leonie, and why is it relevant or did you just want to share???

I agree she may not get to much crafting, Stephanie doesn't. Leonies crafting skills are good, but as a presenter she bugs me, her stupid 'ikkle' voice, her stupid 'I'm so cute and small' head tilt, and the way she licks her grubby ikkle fingers to leaf through papers disgusts me.

Like everything, it's only relevant if you want it to be relevant. Why? Are you interested or just feeling superior??? It was a JOKE for crying out loud!

Wow thats brilliant news , I hope they give Leonie the space to really shine, I think QVC have made a big mistake letting leonie go as I feel she was the most talented crafter they had, much better than Dawn, I would love it if she could have some of the repeated show slots like the girls from stamp addicts.Good Luck Leonie!

* Yes, I craft. Yes I'm gay (which, incidently stands for 'Good As You') and yes, I like musical theatre :wink2:

Like everything, it's only relevant if you want it to be relevant. Why? Are you interested or just feeling superior??? It was a JOKE for crying out loud!

Feeling superior????

I didnt get the joke or the context it was in in a thread about Leonie which was I asked. It has no relevance at all, which is why I was wondering why you had posted it in the first place.

The mind boggles.

If I had any idea who she was, I could form an opinion. If she's on the craft hours, chances are I won't have seen her. IW / CC are welcome to her - there's too much craft on shopping tv as it is!

Hear Hear! As you can imagine I am not interested in crafting. Still, if it was removed what would takes it's place???? More handbags? More skincare brands?

Apart from the fact that Amy has zilch personality, Leonie brings a young, fresher look to crafting. Both Dawn and Amy are matronly to look at and dour in manner. I like Leonie's giggling and if she makes a mistake, she doesn't blame everyone else. Ah well, QVC's loss.......

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I like Leonie and, as I said, I will miss her. I am not suprised, however, that those who don't even like craft don't care whether she remains at QVC or not. I'm am surprised that non crafters would even take the time to read/contribute to this thread! LOL!!

With a long association with Dawn and Topaz, it would have been a very big decision to make.

But everyone moves on when given the opportunity, hopefully making the right choices and decisions but unless we give it a go we will never know.

So good luck to Leonie I hope it all works out as she hopes. She has the talent to make it work. I just hope that she will not just 'present' there are enough of them, but be allowed to actual 'craft/demonstrate' at least she does know what she is doing

Latest posts

Back