Where has jill franks gone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

craftybel

Registered Shopper
Oh there she is-right up Lulu Guinness' ar*e!!!!!!
She makes me feel nauseous-such a fawning creep.
With apologies to those who are enjoying watching her!

Lulu Guinness looks ghastly tonight, her skin looks grey, maybe she has chosen the wrong colour to wear.

As for the purse that was £50 which they consider to be a gift price, if someone was spending £50 on a pressie for me there's lots of things I would pick ahead of that!

Oh there she is-right up Lulu Guinness' ar*e!!!!!!
She makes me feel nauseous-such a fawning creep.
With apologies to those who are enjoying watching her!

I turned off. I can't bear watching the insensitive woman always telling us what she's got. When she's on with Alexis it's like a bimbos consumer competition.

Lulu Guinness looks ghastly tonight, her skin looks grey, maybe she has chosen the wrong colour to wear.

As for the purse that was £50 which they consider to be a gift price, if someone was spending £50 on a pressie for me there's lots of things I would pick ahead of that!

Oh, me too! They don't live in the same world as me-at least Ms Franks doesn't, anyway!

I notice Jill has been using the word kitsch to describe these bags!:cheeky:

She has also been doing her "ooh that's so funny" about things that aren't even mildly amusing.

I also notice that these bags seem to be the only ones on QVC that don't have anywhere for your Oyster card, public transport must be too down-market for Lulu Guinness bag owners!

if she's as bad as Catherine then I am glad I am not watching,Miss Huntley also gets on my nerves when Lulu is on....she is probably worse than Jill ...blah blah blah....

I know what you mean queenie. I had to turn the 2pm show off as Catherine was being SUCH a suck up to Lulu it was embarassing to watch.

Agree totally

Both Jill and Catherine are terrible with Lulu Guinness. They should just treat LG as a regular guest and not gush so much. It makes me squirm. The worse combination ever, IMO, is Alison Young with Lulu. AY is normally quite scathing and big for her boots so to see her fawning over the huge ego that is Lulu is the worst ever shopping telly experience,

I cant imagine anyone being as bad as AY. She must be on some salary if she can afford all the muck she puts' on her skin. Sorry, but she is my least favourite presenter. What annoys me is that she is a genuinely lovely looking girl, who does not need all the warpaint.

I cant imagine anyone being as bad as AY. She must be on some salary if she can afford all the muck she puts' on her skin. Sorry, but she is my least favourite presenter. What annoys me is that she is a genuinely lovely looking girl, who does not need all the warpaint.

She has quite low self esteem. That is why she doesn't like camera close ups. I've noticed that women with low self esteem wear tons of make up. I like her make up though, don't think it looks troweled on.

Back to the opening post. Yes Jill Franks is sycophantic with Lulu Guinness and Catherine, even more. Catherine seems like a genuine fan though and can't seem to help herself with her. With Jill it seems a little forced, like it's put on.

I know what you mean queenie. I had to turn the 2pm show off as Catherine was being SUCH a suck up to Lulu it was embarassing to watch.

Maybe she thought that she would get a free bag! I woudn't mind a freebie either but I would never consider paying those types of prices for ANY bag. Let alone one made of plasic or canvas!

Oh Boris! Doi you mean that you wouldn't pay fifty pounds (plus p&p) for a coin purse with a bulldog on it. I woud be cross if I found that one!

I reckon AY gets all her stuff for free,as for the sucking up,they are toooo embarassing to watch,CH is toooo nicey ,nicey and Jill F is so thin and grey I keep thing that if she wasnt so far up Lulu's ass she'd fall over.

Both Jill and Catherine are terrible with Lulu Guinness. They should just treat LG as a regular guest and not gush so much. It makes me squirm. The worse combination ever, IMO, is Alison Young with Lulu. AY is normally quite scathing and big for her boots so to see her fawning over the huge ego that is Lulu is the worst ever shopping telly experience,

I agree! Alison and Lulu (skincare) are a frightening combination. I notice that Alison doesn't gush over Liz Earle who, as well as knowing her stuff, is fresh, natural and unassuming. In fact it is only fairly recently that I have actually seen Alison on air with LE. I used to find it strange that whenever there was a LE TSV Alison would be conspicuous by her absence. Even on a beauty day. Did anyone else ever notice that? Alison makes it quite clear that she doesn't approve of all-in-one cleansers but the unfailing popularity of Cleanse and Polish means that she can't, as the "resident beauty expert" avoid presenting it. Also LE deasn't promote her range as anti-ageing, something else that Alison clearly feels is of the utmost importance.

I agree! Alison and Lulu (skincare) are a frightening combination. I notice that Alison doesn't gush over Liz Earle who, as well as knowing her stuff, is fresh, natural and unassuming. In fact it is only fairly recently that I have actually seen Alison on air with LE. I used to find it strange that whenever there was a LE TSV Alison would be conspicuous by her absence. Even on a beauty day. Did anyone else ever notice that? Alison makes it quite clear that she doesn't approve of all-in-one cleansers but the unfailing popularity of Cleanse and Polish means that she can't, as the "resident beauty expert" avoid presenting it. Also LE deasn't promote her range as anti-ageing, something else that Alison clearly feels is of the utmost importance.

AY seems to have a problem with LE. I've heard AY make little digs about the products and she seems averse to appearing with LE. I suspect that it's likely to be a personal and petty grudge. :thinking2:

Most definitely! I heard a number of times AY saying that it's good to start with a 'basic' range like LE which is fine if you 'only' want a nice all in one cleanser and basic moisturiser etc but then once you've copped on you should be moving to gatineau or Decleor, one of those 'proper' brands. I notice she never present A'kin either, presuambly because it's too low tech and basic and spanners like me who like to use it don't know any better.

I think AY definitely has an issue with LE. I think it annoys her that a range that she doesn't rate that highly, and often has a dig at is loved by the customers, Tough AY we like it.
I also think AY is very price driven as well, as in if it costs a lot it must be good for you hence her dislike for any supermarket or high st brands.

In the early days of QVC I always remember AY stating that if she didn't believe in a product she wouldn't talk about it and thought that's how she feels about the LE range.

I too find it painful when she's on with Lulu or Lu seeing as they're such close friends, so celebrity this and that, it doesn't impress me one bit.

There was talk once that Alison and LE didn't get on:thinking2:

Latest posts

Back