Where has jill franks gone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i bet if AY actually had to pay for all her skincare she'd be down the supermarket, as it is she gets freebies and i'd probably be raving about perricone if i didn't have to pay for it.

I don't give a you know what, what lulu, cheryl cole, or beyonce etc use. If we had our own hairdressers, stylists and make up artists on tap we'd look like they do. But as it is AY is trying to sell to ordinary people who are running around with busy lives and don't have the money or privelages of the people, who she so obviously aspires to be like. Rant over for now

I notice she never present A'kin either, presuambly because it's too low tech and basic and spanners like me who like to use it don't know any better.

I've seen her do an A'kin show once (can't remember which A'kin rep it was with though as it was a while ago) - and was surprised to see her doing it. Considering she is so big on her 'premium brands' as she likes to call them, she did a pretty good job of selling it on the back of it's what's NOT in the pot/bottle that matters, and how it would improve your skin etc. I can't remember if she said it was good to use before you progress on to a more superior (in her eyes) range/routine or not like she does with C&P.

Spanners unite I say! I love my A'kin :clapping::clapping: and would take that over a pot of over priced chemicals any day.

I've seen her do an A'kin show once (can't remember which A'kin rep it was with though as it was a while ago) - and was surprised to see her doing it. Considering she is so big on her 'premium brands' as she likes to call them, she did a pretty good job of selling it on the back of it's what's NOT in the pot/bottle that matters, and how it would improve your skin etc. I can't remember if she said it was good to use before you progress on to a more superior (in her eyes) range/routine or not like she does with C&P.

Spanners unite I say! I love my A'kin :clapping::clapping: and would take that over a pot of over priced chemicals any day.

Go cupcake:clapping::clapping::clapping:

We did have a member on st.com who knew what went on at QVC.
LE is a bit of a prima donna it seems.
Own makeup artist with her.
Special lighting.
Oh refused to use the QVC dressing rooms.

We were never sure if it was all this plus AY didn't like LE's skincare.

she always looks fab when she's on, maybe some of the other presenters should use her make up artist. I wonder where she gets her special lighting from because i could do with some.

she always looks fab when she's on, maybe some of the other presenters should use her make up artist. I wonder where she gets her special lighting from because i could do with some.

I agree - she does. She postively glows.

I'm not 100% sure she does have special lighting as my friend met her at a launch in the US and said she looked fabulous in the flesh.

ooh i always wondered what she looked like up close. That's probably why AY doesn't like her. A natural beauty who wears "basic skincare" it must really annoy her.

AY has always been sniffy about Liz Earle. It's probably because Liz was brought to QVC by the chief beauty buyer, who was a friend, and not by Ms Young herself. She always likes to promote ' premium salon brands' that she has personally introduced to QVC.

I bet she hates that LE has been such a huge success both on QVC and elsewhere.:cheeky:

AY seems to have a problem with LE. I've heard AY make little digs about the products and she seems averse to appearing with LE. I suspect that it's likely to be a personal and petty grudge. :thinking2:

I wonder if Alison calls the LE range a beginner's range or basic range to justify the high prices charged for other ranges that QVC sell. After all if LE is the best thing around then why would anyone pay double or more for other ranges?

Most definitely! I heard a number of times AY saying that it's good to start with a 'basic' range like LE which is fine if you 'only' want a nice all in one cleanser and basic moisturiser etc but then once you've copped on you should be moving to gatineau or Decleor, one of those 'proper' brands. I notice she never present A'kin either, presuambly because it's too low tech and basic and spanners like me who like to use it don't know any better.

She does do some A'kin shows cos I remember Alison taking a t caller during an A'kin hour once who really struck a chord with me talking about ingredients lists. A'kin doesn't get many callers I don't think. (we're all too busy buying!)

I don't think it's her favourite range but I guess it's growing popularity means that like LE's range she can't ignore it.

I think there's a definite trend for people like me - who've tried all that QVC Space nk and the big department stores have to offer - to go back to basics and pare down their routines to fewer products and better ingredients.

In some ways it's somewhat unsophisticated (and spanner -like! ;) :D) to believe the face cream hype isn't it? (although of course *I* did just that for years!)

AY and Lulu on together are like a sketch from "Little Britain" and ought to have a catchphrase shrieked out at regular intervals such "And look at Lulu.....SHE'S SIXTY" ,
What I llike about LIz Earle is that she does not make ludicrous claims for her products and does not exhibit the almost hysterical paranoia about ageing that AY does.

AY and Lulu on together are like a sketch from "Little Britain" and ought to have a catchphrase shrieked out at regular intervals such "And look at Lulu.....SHE'S SIXTY" ,
What I llike about LIz Earle is that she does not make ludicrous claims for her products and does not exhibit the almost hysterical paranoia about ageing that AY does.

I think she's every bit as paranoid about it :D- why else have a personal make up artist, private staging area, and special lighting for her TV appearances??? :D

I agree that she's more subtle about it though.

I wonder why Alison Young doesn't demand her own Mariah Carey Diva-like lighting man, private dressing room and personal make up artist - surely she must have earned the right by now?

I think she's every bit as paranoid about it :D- why else have a personal make up artist, private staging area, and special lighting for her TV appearances??? :D

I wonder why Alison Young doesn't demand her own Mariah Carey Diva-like lighting man, private dressing room and personal make up artist - surely she must have earned the right by now?

Wouldn't a voice and diction coach be a nice gift for the harridan? A thesaurus would be a lovely gift in general :)

I can't overlook her rudeness, it is a huge turn off for me. I'm tired of hearing about her dry sense of humour. Maybe the OP is right about the very low self esteem hence belittling other people in every way as well as paranoia about her own appearance. Mind you I have low in fact submerged without a trace self esteem and go out of my way not to be awful, it would make me feel worse not better. Also ditched 2 blokes who felt they should be adored as they saw themselves as (micro) celebs and I just can't get excited about such things. Was never snide at them tho' maybe I should have been. Both were better looking than Lulu btw :p

I'm beginning to think I am the only one who actually likes AY and enjoys her shows!! Also, shoot me down but I bought LE range a few years ago and it didn't agree with my skin - I tried cleanse and polish and I found it too harsh and my skin felt red and irritated by it! Liz Earle looks great though but so does our spirited Ali Young!
I value AY opinion, I think she looks great, it shows that she has not let her skin bake in the sun and I love her sarcastic humour!!!! GO ALI YOUNG!!!
xx

I can't overlook her rudeness, it is a huge turn off for me. I'm tired of hearing about her dry sense of humour. Maybe the OP is right about the very low self esteem hence belittling other people in every way as well as paranoia about her own appearance. Mind you I have low in fact submerged without a trace self esteem and go out of my way not to be awful, it would make me feel worse not better. Also ditched 2 blokes who felt they should be adored as they saw themselves as (micro) celebs and I just can't get excited about such things. Was never snide at them tho' maybe I should have been. Both were better looking than Lulu btw :p

Oh bless you honey. :heart: I'm always drawn to people who can show vulnerability. I think it's a great strength and not in any way a weakness. It comes out in people in different ways though doesn't it? And not all of them are attractive ways are they?! AY makes me go :eek: with the things she says fairly often - but somehow I just don't hold it against her.

I don't know why I feel so protective of Alison Young - but I really really do! :eek: :D

Glad to hear that the micro-celeb blokes were better looking than Lulu! (I still think you can do better!) :)

Does Liz Earle really have special lighting etc, for her appearances on qvc? If thats true, then thats ridiculous.. If her range is so great, why does she feel the need to disguise how she looks naturally.. Honestly, you'd think she'd just appear as most other guests do.. I just think it seems strange that someone who has built up a very successful skincare business, has to then have special lighting & other bits & pieces to appear on qvc.. Surely she looks good enough not to need all that :cheeky:

I don't know if she does have special lighting or her own make up artist etc but if she does what i don't understand is why the other presenters dont use the same, as LE always looks much better than all of them.

Latest posts

Back