Where has jill franks gone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm beginning to think I am the only one who actually likes AY and enjoys her shows!! Also, shoot me down but I bought LE range a few years ago and it didn't agree with my skin - I tried cleanse and polish and I found it too harsh and my skin felt red and irritated by it! Liz Earle looks great though but so does our spirited Ali Young!
I value AY opinion, I think she looks great, it shows that she has not let her skin bake in the sun and I love her sarcastic humour!!!! GO ALI YOUNG!!!
xx

I like her too!!! But, at times she can be irritating just like everyone else on the planet.

I loved her when she was on with Leighton Denny - a great combo.
But literally, her use of literally, literally does my head in :angry:

I agree - she does. She postively glows.

I'm not 100% sure she does have special lighting as my friend met her at a launch in the US and said she looked fabulous in the flesh.

Me and mum met LE at QVC's Ideal Home Show event, must be 7 or 8 years ago now, and mum was really quite surprised how dry LE's skin looked and she had tons of makeup on. Perhaps her products really do work if she's looking better these days? :) And just to clarify, mum likes and uses lots of her products, apart from the new facecare as she doesn't like the smell :)

At that time, I went clutching my first digital camera and asked for a picture with mum. LE immediately went into professional mode and posed next to mum. Mum says she looks like a donkey compared to LE, although I disgree :) Perhaps if I can find it I'll show you all the photo, I know I have it somewhere. If mum finds out though, that coffin will be more than just a hallowe'en prop :D I know she's got a soft spot for me - somewhere at the end of the garden! :D

But AY has fallen into the celebs A listers brain washing. All she goes on about now is who uses this that or the other.

Its not even bog standard common sense advice about products and hasn't been for a few years now.

I don't give a flying monkeys if Cheryl bog brush or whoever uses this cream.

I like AY, I think she's really funny. I do get annoyed when she butts in to tell us stuff you don't want to know (like how many sold) when you're trying to listen to what the stuff is or how to use it, but lets be honest she's not the only one who does that.

In fact I could easliy watch the channel if only AY, JR and Pippa were left on. They are the three that appear the most genuine to me.

But AY has fallen into the celebs A listers brain washing. All she goes on about now is who uses this that or the other.

Its not even bog standard common sense advice about products and hasn't been for a few years now.

I don't give a flying monkeys if Cheryl bog brush or whoever uses this cream.

If it turned out that Cheryl Cole uses LE, however would AY square that circle?! :thinking2:

Ages ago I saw a quote from Erin O'Connor in a magazine saying she loved Superskin Moisturiser, and apparently Lily Allen loves Cleanse & Polish. LE could name drop for Britain if she wanted to, she just choses to let the products and the results speak for themselves.

Ages ago I saw a quote from Erin O'Connor in a magazine saying she loved Superskin Moisturiser, and apparently Lily Allen loves Cleanse & Polish. LE could name drop for Britain if she wanted to, she just choses to let the products and the results speak for themselves.

The other thing I always wonder about is advertising.

Magazines tend to mention products on their pages whose parent companies buy a lot of advertising space with the magazine or magazine group.

But I don't think I've ever seen any Liz Earle print advertising - and yet the beauty pages mention LE products all the time... I know there is an element of friends doing each other favours, and you can get coverage anywhere if you dish out enough freebies - but only if the beauty journos want your freebies.

Whoever runs LE's marketing department must practise black magic I reckon!

The other thing I always wonder about is advertising.

Magazines tend to mention products on their pages whose parent companies buy a lot of advertising space with the magazine or magazine group.

But I don't think I've ever seen any Liz Earle print advertising - and yet the beauty pages mention LE products all the time... I know there is an element of friends doing each other favours, and you can get coverage anywhere if you dish out enough freebies - but only if the beauty journos want your freebies.

Whoever runs LE's marketing department must practise black magic I reckon!

Yes, she doesn't do advertisting - she relies on WOM and her shows on QVC.

She'll have a hired a PR company I imagine to get her products in the magazines. They'll send a press release out, then follow that up with a mail out of the new product/s to the beauty editors etc and then chase them up for reviews/coverage etc.

As regards to the older products and the awards, the magazines may contact the PR/LE company direct, and say we are doing such and such, would you like to submit your products OR they could say we are running a poll to find the best cleanser (or whatever) them can you send some over for our readers/panel to try which is what I believe the Beauty Bible to when wanting products reviewed for their books)

Should also add ... the PR may also be sending freebies to certain celebs (or their PR may ring asking for them!!).

Last edited:
The two women who do the Beauty Bible have been personal friends of LE for years. They push her brand all the time and always have done, so that is a form of advertising.

Don't forget LE was a beauty journo before she started the range.

Yes you are right. No doubt that is how she knew Jo and Stacey from the Beauty Bible. Before that started they worked at the Daily Mail and were always talking about LE and her products in the sunday magazine.

Oh and LE worked on GMTV and had her own show at lunchtimes too. She was always pushing her kids into the front on there.

Latest posts

Back