A response to getting my wrists slapped last night

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nikki - I agree with you about the option to turn off chat BUT it actually doesn't address the wider issue. If somebody is evaluating RocksTV for a marketing deal or a first time purchase or or or etc., they won't turn off chat. They will look even if it's just out of curiosity. Therefore, the chat that is there will give an impression. Based on the chat some may choose not to buy etc. So turning off chat for those of us who don't like it is fair enough but it doesn't address the wider issue for RocksTV.

Indeed, which is why the option to turn it off is there, so that we don't bore the arse off you. I have explained above that it was the notion of complaint, not being told off, which offended me.

At first I used to have chat turned on as it is a useful tool to be able to read peoples' relevant questions about the jewellery and their comments about pieces they had already bought etc, but that soon became secondary to what many people use chat for. Sorry but I just don't want to read about all the other stuff that people post about, i.e talking about themselves. :rolleyes: You are easily offended, so unfortunately you will probably be offended all over again by this post.

Thank you for your copntribution to the discussion.

You're welcome. :) :pPC:

Nikki - I agree with you about the option to turn off chat BUT it actually doesn't address the wider issue. If somebody is evaluating RocksTV for a marketing deal or a first time purchase or or or etc., they won't turn off chat. They will look even if it's just out of curiosity. Therefore, the chat that is there will give an impression. Based on the chat some may choose not to buy etc. So turning off chat for those of us who don't like it is fair enough but it doesn't address the wider issue for RocksTV.

Absolutely take your point, meesh, I really do. I am trying my hardest to conform now. On the Friday in question I actually metioned the same thing as you - the verrucca issue - to explain why we were being asked to tone it down.

Nikki - sweetie, you don't have to justify anything to me. My reasons for not liking chat are not only the mundane comments but for me, I HATE it when I see dreadful advice being given by chatsters. Let me give you an example of how chat is misleading and why I personally find it incredibly irritating!!!

They were just showing a diamond bracelet of 2ct with H colour and I2 clarity. The question was asked, are the I2 diamonds cloudy or do they have carbon inclusions (because the difference can be HUGE to the overall look)? What did somebody in chat advise? "I2 so some eye faults but still sparkle gorgeously"! Sorry but this is absolute rubbish and a sweeping generalisation! People might buy based on that comment which is erroneous to say the least. I2 diamonds are NOT good. The clarity WILL affect sparkle.

Nikki,

I have a friend whose motto is "never apologise - never explain", she says she just takes account of a situation and moves on.

It is a bit glib and too simple for all eventualities but it may help you here........

(For the record I don't like the chat on Rocks unless it sticks with the jewellery but that is just my preference so I normally keep it switched off so I have no idea what went on and I'll keep it that way.)

Nikki, everybody reacts differently and gets upset over different things and I think it's great that you've been so honest on here, but you really don't need to justify yourself to anyone - we're all different and thank goodness for that!

Of course, the moral of this story is that you can't please everybody all of the time! As mentioned before - this is not something new; I was an avid watcher of Rocks, I really enjoyed the chat and made some new friends there, however, because of the hoo-ha-ha (don't know if that's really a word, but I like it!) last time and the creation of the Chit-Chat I was mostly put-off. I can't sit and watch Rocks for very long unless there's another draw, I'm afraid.

I understand why the Chit Chat room was created but the only thing I would say is, in my opinion, I think the magazine that pulled the article because of the Chat was very narrow-minded and failed to see it for what it was - a social gathering of like-minded people; I do see it as an attraction and for those who don't, as has been mentioned, there's always the "off" button.

Eunice

:hi: Mand,

Thank you for your compliment too, as I said to spindrift... I enjoy helping out where I can...and will continue to do so.

Awe thanks for missing me lol.....
In answer to your question Mand, I've been a bit poorly this last month,
I picked up the dreaded swine flu and the winter vomiting/diahorreah Norovirus bug together, It well knocked me for six...I thought my number was up lol....

Don't worry though I'm just about coming through the other end, although I still look like death warmed up and a bit weak I'm ok!

thanks again to you and spindrift for your kind word

Lots of love

Mirabelle xxx:40:

So sorry to hear you not well Mirabelle thought i had missed you. Hurry back to good health, hope to see you soon in chat. lots of good wishes. xxxxxxx

It would be a shame if Rocks do abandon the chat box. I sometimes do like to chat, on and off topic. I love to chat about jewellery but couldn't stand that to be the only subject. As a nurse, I do chat about health topics but not regularly. When I am at home I don't want to "talk shop", I can do overtime and get paid if I want to do that! I did get a brief chat with a lovely lady who loves ballet like me last week, hope to catch up with her sometime soon. Now that will bore all of you who don't appreciate the finer pointes of men in tights with firm peachy buttocks :)

Mostly I just lurk I am afraid. That way when spats break out I am not caught in the crossfire. I am a coward!

Inge x

You're welcome. :) :pPC:

im afraid i have to agree!!!! the past few weeks the chat has been unbearable to read, it is full of "me, mysef and I" I tried to chat but was (i felt) pushed asside as tho i wasnt there, i did feel intimidated because of the strong characters present. It is very much different in the day.
i dont want to turn the chat off but i also dont want to read the very personal info openly spoken in chat. i noticed there is a chit chat room maybe it would be an idea to move there.
im sorry my english is not very good, please do not be offended.

I tried to chat but was (i felt) pushed asside as tho i wasnt there, i did feel intimidated because of the strong characters present. It is very much different in the day.

Firstly, welcome to the forums! :hi:
Don't feel intimidated or 'left out', most of the people in chat are actually very friendly & welcoming! It is always a little daunting joining a new forum/chat room but Rocks & the ST forums are some of the friendliest & tamest I've ever come across, trust me! lol

i noticed there is a chit chat room maybe it would be an idea to move there.

This would indeed be the obvious solution, leaving the Rocks Chat free for jewellery related questions & comments!

Your English is fine......more than fine, excellent in fact!
My 'English' in chat is terrible, I often resort to partly 'txt spk' because I have such poor eyesight, I can barely see it & find it hard to see what I'm writing if it's more than a few short words, so don't worry about anything like that! :flower:

Firstly, welcome to the forums! :hi:
Don't feel intimidated or 'left out', most of the people in chat are actually very friendly & welcoming! It is always a little daunting joining a new forum/chat room but Rocks & the ST forums are some of the friendliest & tamest I've ever come across, trust me! lol

This would indeed be the obvious solution, leaving the Rocks Chat free for jewellery related questions & comments!

Your English is fine......more than fine, excellent in fact!
My 'English' in chat is terrible, I often resort to partly 'txt spk' because I have such poor eyesight, I can barely see it & find it hard to see what I'm writing if it's more than a few short words, so don't worry about anything like that! :flower:

thankyou kitten with claws,
your right many of the people in chat from what i read are lovely, i thinks its because im normally a quiet person.
i didnt mention how lovely the jewellery is although my bankbalance is slowly dwindling away .

I really and truly hope I am not intimidating anyone. i know I am the chattiest person in the universe and rarely shut up. I am trying VERY hard since last week not to talk as much......

n x

Heard it all before lol! :sleepy: I've been with Rocks almost from the start (I'm gemjunkie on there, so hello everyone I know...) Not been on here much lately, or bought much from Rocks - financial reasons mostly, but my sister is Rocchic who I introduced to Rocks earlier in the year, and now she's far more addicted than I ever was...Thought I was bad enough! So if I want anything she puts it in her basket for me...:cool2: And yes PrincessRacer, the rising auctions were so much fun weren't they..?

Anyway, I remember the last big ruckuss over chat, and the introduction of ChitChat...Before that, there was Wizzywig - who remembers that? No-one used that either...

It might seem there are cliques on there, but all you have to do is keep chatting...Roc and I sometimes exchange chat over something that concerns us both, because we're too lazy to email instead! But it isn't meant to block out anyone else...

These days I tend to just say Hi everyone, and then lurk or go elswhere, then come back in and out...Roc once asked me how my hub was (long story), and because I was going into detail, I said we should go into Chat which we did...

Anyway this is the first time I've posted on here for ages, so hello everyone I know, and lovely to meet those I don't...:happy:

Hi Jacky or gemjunkie nice to see you back as you probably know Ive been around from the start of rocks and like you heard it all before, but it has settlled down again
I dont think its as troublesome as it used to be though
I lurk more these days and buy now more for gifts as my own jewellery box is pretty loaded now
say hi if your in the chat and i'll look out for you lol

Hello Loopy

im afraid i have to agree!!!! the past few weeks the chat has been unbearable to read, it is full of "me, mysef and I" I tried to chat but was (i felt) pushed asside as tho i wasnt there, i did feel intimidated because of the strong characters present. It is very much different in the day.
i dont want to turn the chat off but i also dont want to read the very personal info openly spoken in chat. i noticed there is a chit chat room maybe it would be an idea to move there.

Hello Loopy and welcome. Please do not feel left out and join in with the chatting. I am sure you will be made very welcome. Your English is fine, I am also a foreigner. I came to the UK when I was 14 and spoke very little English then. I am 42 now, it has improved but I still make some faux pas!

Inge :)

Latest posts

Back