That well-known phrase or saying..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
New buzz-words are "do the maths" and "£20.87 and change". Add them to the list of phrases that already make me cringe - "cooking up a storm" and "crisp" (anything from tellies/cameras, to clothes, to jewellery (Charlie). Obviously fed to the presenters by the gallery, but it's so predictable, you just know that one or more of the phrases will pop up in every show.

I don't know why this irritates me so much, but there you go. :angel:

Linda

The "and change" one gets on my wick as well especially as when you add on the P&P there's no change at all.

New buzz-words are "do the maths" and "£20.87 and change". Add them to the list of phrases that already make me cringe - "cooking up a storm" and "crisp" (anything from tellies/cameras, to clothes, to jewellery (Charlie). Obviously fed to the presenters by the gallery, but it's so predictable, you just know that one or more of the phrases will pop up in every show.

I don't know why this irritates me so much, but there you go. :angel:

Linda

I suppose it could be worse and they could say math (singular), I wonder if Glen Campbell says this like he does trouser, pump and court shoe?

The "and change" one is annoying too.

These filler words and phrases get very weary very quickly, we had a recent thread about them http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16732 and the common theme is that they're nonsense presenters and guests rely on to fill the gaps. With QVC's money they should invest in a creative writer to ring the changes or at least monitor the level of repetitions and draw it to the attention of the worst perpetrators!

Jude xx

These filler words and phrases get very weary very quickly, we had a recent thread about them http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16732 and the common theme is that they're nonsense presenters and guests rely on to fill the gaps. With QVC's money they should invest in a creative writer to ring the changes or at least monitor the level of repetitions and draw it to the attention of the worst perpetrators!

Jude xx

I think you are right that they fill the gaps but I suppose there's only so much to be said about some of the products. I saw Craig yesterday morning presenting a change collector with a sort of see-saw in the middle which could tip your change into a save box or a spend box. The presentation seemed to go on forever, I like Craig but it was a carp product and I felt sorry for him having to sing its praises for so long.

Latest posts

Back