Jumping to the phone... and other phrases you hate

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ha haaa this is a great website...comments above so true...thanks everyone for stating the obvious ;)))

In actual fact.
Basically.
To my mind.

Plus a lot of the others already mentioned.

You'll come back to again and again
this will be a favourite
let's dip in
These have been so popular

'I NEED YOU on those phones ... '

[Or I'll spontaneously combust in a massive, multicoloured explosion of foundation and lippie.]

'It's sold out! Well done if you got yours ...'

[Patronising, me? Good heavens, no, these little people need to feel that by giving us their money, they've achieved something.]

What about "buying into the brand". Really annoys me - another Glen Campbell special.

"For that cruise, that special occasion...." (that night at the pub, that trip to Aldi...) yawn, yawn....

:D

The way Ann Dawson says very slowly ...... is yourrrrrrr item nummmmmmmmber.grrrrrrrr

"go for" no, you mean "buy" and "we are giving you......" no you are not GIVING me anything (well apart from a laugh!) you are trying to SELL me something. They are as coy about the vocabulary of sales as the victorians were about sex!!! Guess it would be all too sordid if they really mentioned money a lot......

This coat is perfect to throw on when you're for taking the dog for a walk, doing the school run, having a coffee with girlfriends - then add a scarf or a 'statement' piece of jewellery and you're good to go for dinner or the theatre, dress it up dress it down, this piece is really going to work for you.

Glen Campbell, I hate you.

That Liz Earle woman has just said "and if you are gifting this for Christmas".....

GIFTING??!!! Is this is a real word? I don't think so! :disgruntled:

Also, "you're loving this"..... sounds grammatically incorrect to me :thinking2:

* flying off the shelves
*officially limited stock
*you have the blue, you have the red, you have the teal, you have the mocha etc etc
*cooking up a storm
*I'm wearing the small
*Joy is our plus-size model who wears a size 18
*do the maths (a recent addition)

"Ball park figure".....and......."this one is coming in at"....coming in from where exactly?!!!!:thinking2:

you can literaly put this actual cream on your actual skin
you can get the red carpet celebrity finish
i'm using this shower gel/shampoo/moisuriser in the bathroom at the moment
i have to stop my husband from using it
I have to warn you this is limited stock
This is joy our plus size model(what they fail to say is and she looks better than all the other models)
All of these make me go GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This instead of these.
Am I incorrect in saying more than one of something, i.e. pair of earrings should be called these instead of this?

branneew today
in the meeeejum colour option
this is prestige skincare for the serious skincare users out there
this fabrication....
you get eight in number of these steaks/chops etc...

This coat is perfect to throw on when you're for taking the dog for a walk, doing the school run, having a coffee with girlfriends - then add a scarf or a 'statement' piece of jewellery and you're good to go for dinner or the theatre, dress it up dress it down, this piece is really going to work for you.

Glen Campbell, I hate you.

OMG murgatroyd ! I nearly choked on my Coffee ! I laughed out loud ! !

This has Tickled me Big Time.

My feelings Exactly !

wanna

wanna

wanna

arrrrrgggghhhhhh !

Jilly is by far the worst culprit and I HATE IT,
HATE IT I tell you.

gonna gonna gonna

Jilly..... again

I HAT....... oh ! you all know what I'm gonna say !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back