Returned item, didn't even receive

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucy-loo

Registered Shopper
I ordered a camera for a christmas present, it says on my orders dispatched 4th Nov,
I've just had an email that says, your items are now safely back in our warehouse, and your card will be refunded, I never even got it let alone sent it back.

I have a feeling that very recently someone else posted about the same thing so they rang CS. If my memory serves me correctly I'm sure they were told that many parcels had been returned to QVC due to the postal problems because Royal Mail couldn't cope with the piles of undelivered stuff in their depots.

Hopefully, this might be clarified for you but it's not good enough. Wonder why QVC were using RM anyway as the disputes received lots of media coverage? Surely, they should have just used alternative carriers for everything!

They did that with me earlier this year and I was so cheesed off. I wanted to replace my feather bed and the one I have and love was a OTO (half price so only £60). I ordered one for me, one for my son and next thing was after waiting for them, I got the same information by letter which also said something about the courier being unable to deliver (blatant lie). The item had sold out and despite them saying it was a standard stock item so they could re-send the items when possible, they never came back in stock.

Why they couldn't just send out the 2 they received back and were actually mine, I've no idea. Then they'd the cheek to phone me 3 weeks later to ask why I'd returned them. Oh I was fizzing..... :angry: Stick yer feather bed then.

If my memory serves me correctly I'm sure they were told that many parcels had been returned to QVC due to the postal problems because Royal Mail couldn't cope with the piles of undelivered stuff in their depots.

Hopefully, this might be clarified for you but it's not good enough. Wonder why QVC were using RM anyway as the disputes received lots of media coverage? Surely, they should have just used alternative carriers for everything!

ITA. I never did get my Honora Pearls TSV and had to get one of those letters that QVC sends out that you have to sign, it says "I will support QVC in any action against Royal Mail". Which sounds ominous.

But, yes, why didn't arrange for different carriers during the strikes? I don't know if I'm madder with QVC or RM.

I've rang customer services, and they said yes it has definately been returned, couldn't say why, but sometimes its if the parcel is damaged, or the address label has fallen off, I've never ever had an address label fall off,
but it is sold out so I cant have another one, not very good.

What a shame LL but why can't they send out the one which got returned? Seems the logical answer to me!

I think I remember that the coutier service QVC use delivered the stuff to the Royal Mail sorting offices and then it was picked up by someone else.

So of course if there is a strike they won't have the room to store it before it is picked up. Someone at QVC needs a slap over this.

I started a thread a few days ago on this, Loopy. CS actually rang ME, long distance, to apologise for the fact that RM had returned my parcels. I just assumed they were taking longer than usual because they had to come by sea as there were sprays (OJON stuff). That was the last 2 parcels. The first one, I got an email to say I'd been credited so I rang them and had to ask them to refund my postage. The next 2 were credited in full without me asking. They said that RM didn't have room in their warehouse, due to the strikes.........

I ordered a camera for a christmas present, it says on my orders dispatched 4th Nov,
I've just had an email that says, your items are now safely back in our warehouse, and your card will be refunded, I never even got it let alone sent it back.

I had the same experience with a recent delivery. I ordered two boxes of easiyo yogurt sachets and they simply didn't arrive. After a few weeks I checked my account and it said that they had been returned. I called CS and they told me that the postman had been unable to deliver, which is rubbish. They didn't need signing for and the postman leaves boxes and stuff under cover on our doorstep. Then the CS lady said that the boxes may have been damaged and therefore returned to the depot. Both of them????? Still, that is possible I suppose.
However, a few weeks before that I was expecting a top to arrive (in the usual plastic bag) and that too had been deemed "undeliverable" and returned to the depot.
I personally think that the RM strikes have created these issues as I have had problem free delivery of both yogurt sachets and clothing before. What irritates me a bit is the fact that in the "your account" section no difference is made between a voluntary return and non[voluntary one. The client should be contacted and an offer of a replacement made along with an apology. The relevant section in the "your account" area should read. Undelivered due to postal mess-up!

Latest posts

Back