A bit confused

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CountessK

Registered Shopper
I watched Adina's show last night, the under £20 one, I think, and at the end she sold off two rings, one was a tanzanite cluster and the other was a large solitaire amethyst. NOw, I am sure she said that they were putting the entire stock of each ring into the two games she was doing, in fact I'm pretty sure she reiterated that point quite a few times, she used the phrase 'one-off wonders' and was really excited about it all.

So I bought the amethyst solitaire for £29.99, and I'm jolly excited about that.

However... I was very very confused to see Lynn Jinks selling the tanzanite cluster later in the evening, and today I saw another 20 of the amethyst one being sold. I'm pretty sure Adina's stock sold out, so what's this one-off wonder guff?

Did I miss something? Or did Adina just get it completely wrong?

Cheers, CountessK.

PS. While I'm here, has anyone ordered a Secret Santa Surprise (or whatever it's called) you add it to your order for a fiver? I just thought what the heck, and the girl in the call centre was very positive about it. I'll report back when I get it.

I saw Adina sell both a large amethyst ring and a similar ring but with blue topaz, last night. She said when selling the amethyst version ( HUGE stone, quite fancy silver setting) that some had been sold earlier and these were the very last ones, so one chance to get them...... then said that there had been only 20 of them made and this was the last......cannot see how there could be more later, unless some sales did not complete earlier. That is always a possibility.

Are the two EXACTLY the same item code? Very often they make similar designs but the gold weight or the carat weight will be different. They'll only have the exact same number if they're exactly the same. Once they've used an item number they don't add to it later.

Are the two EXACTLY the same item code? Very often they make similar designs but the gold weight or the carat weight will be different. They'll only have the exact same number if they're exactly the same. Once they've used an item number they don't add to it later.

Not sure, Meeshoo, I didn't take a note of any of the codes. I'm pretty sure the one I bought was a 2.664ct amethyst solitaire, set in silver, in a proud four-prong setting; bought for £29.99 (bargain!), and these details are exactly the same as the ones for the ring I saw Lynn sell 20 of today. Seems like 20 is a large number for 'returns' or 'rejected cards' or whatever. Ah well, I'm not that fussed if half a million other people have the ring I've bought, as long as I like it, I'm just confused as to the blurb that suggested there were only 20 or so in stock.

Cheers for your replies, don't you think it's all a bit odd?

CountessK.

I think it depends if the stock ran to zero - sometimes they finish a game without selling all the stock - also Mathilda is right people do cancel - I know I certainly do sometimes lol

Countess - give Gems a call. The problem is that none of us saw it so it's difficult to comment.

It could be a genuine mistake, it could be a different item (albeit slightly different), it could be that lots of people dumped the item and didn't check out (unlikely but you never know). There are so many reasons.

Best give them a call.

OK, I got the ring today. It's very pretty, albeit a bit paler than I'd have liked, but for £30 I'm not complaining too much. It'll be a good cocktail ring for whenever I regain a social life!

I noticed that it's 2.994ct, not 2.664ct as I saw in the 'other' sale of the ring. So for, what, 0.3ct difference, they're saying that it was a one-off wonder... I'm sorry, but that seems enormously fishy to me. I'm sure that technically the two rings are different because of the miniscule difference in carat weight, but I feel a bit like I've been mislead.

Thanks for all your replies, especially as you didn't see the sales, it's good of you to take the time out and listen to my questions.

Oh, the Secret Santa was a wee black agate and marcasite pendant, I think it was from the Victoria range. I wouldn't have bought it in a gazillion years, it's not my style at all, but I'm sure I will find a good home for it.

Cheers, CountessK.

Latest posts

Back