When is to soon for Christmas music........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

talisker25

Registered Shopper
....the reason I ask this question is that Pipa has posted on Twitter asking 'is it to soon for Christmas music. If I recall, the Q has been playing Christmas music for a month, should she not be asking them that...So, when do people think shops and TV should be playing Christmas tunes??. My opinion is not before November 1st!!!!!!:clock::clock:

NOW.

I love Christmas, it is my fav time of the year, everything sparkles and twinkles but I do think that shops etc should NOT put out the deccies and sale-able stuff til the 1st of December, Christmas songs should be only played Christams week.

I agree with yazrose
Christmas is starting to get silly,most shops start putting things on display in September,just as the kids have gone back to school after the big summer break
I like to be organised but not THAT organised!!
I like to hear Christmas songs about two weeks before,usually around that time the kids are getting excited ,the tree is up and all the pressies bought!!
I also love Christmas but not for me,for my 3 little uns,its a sad time for my husband as his dad died Christmas morning suddenly,that was before we had kids and although we are not miserable about it we always stop to remember his dad and what a nice fella he was

Last edited:
One week before christmas is enough thank you.

I swear walking through the shops with the music playing makes me want to beat passers by to death. A hint of Little Drummer Boy turns me into a would be serial killer.

December 1st and not before. I went into Ethel Austin a week before Halloween and they were playing Christmas Carols 'O Come All Ye Faithful' I htink it was, I didn't hang around in there long enough to check. I went to Boots last week and they were playing 'Simply Haing a Wonderful Christmas Time' - well before we'd even had Bonfire Night. Now I'm not Scrogge and I don't object to Xmas music at all, but not before December 1st - I think it's way too soon.

The tune that has the potential to turn me into an axe murderer is "I wish it could be Christmas everyday" the tune is annoying enough but the sentiment is akin to revolving in the seventh circle of hell! I agree 1 Dec is early enough and I like a lot of things about Christmas but not the fact that it gets more and more commercial every year and seems to permeate our lives from September onwards

The second week of December is soon enough for me and I love Christmas. I was quite astounded to see a tree and decorations in the window of a house near me on the 5th November.

It's a very difficult time of year for a lot of people and I don't think it's appropriate to have it rammed down our throats from ****** September onwards. As for Christmas music, I have no objection to it on the 25th December. Scrooge, moi? Bah, humbug.

I used to be the worst offender - Decorations and real tree first weekend in December. We would play my new Christmas CD and eat the first of many home baked Christmas pies of the season and my OH would make the mulled wine. Since my OH died, I go through the motions for the sake of my two but usually do it the week before Christmas. If I hear Christmas music before the week before it's a teeth grinding moment or else I'd have a huge lump in my throat. Bah humbug indeed.

I used to be the worst offender - Decorations and real tree first weekend in December. We would play my new Christmas CD and eat the first of many home baked Christmas pies of the season and my OH would make the mulled wine. Since my OH died, I go through the motions for the sake of my two but usually do it the week before Christmas. If I hear Christmas music before the week before it's a teeth grinding moment or else I'd have a huge lump in my throat. Bah humbug indeed.

I am sorry to hear that,I think a lot of people who have lost a loved one at any time of the year struggle over Christmas,it serves as a reminder when it is supposed to be a time for families.My father in law died suddenly in the early hours of Christmas morning 15 years ago,it saddens me still, that Christmas was just awful,for my family too,they were so sad for my husband and me,we had been in our(first) own home 4 weeks thats all.
I still have a good time at Christmas as I have 3 small children but I always smile and have a drink for my father in law on the day !

Latest posts

Back