When is to soon for Christmas music........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I was at school I was in the choir, so Christmas started almost straight after we returned from the summer hols. I listen to Christmas music when writing my cards, usually on Advent Sundays, except for the ones I send to my mum's family in Greece, I try to get them written by late November and sent in early December.

I don't like Christmas music in shops before December and I can't understand why anyone would put up their decorations before December 24 even, but that was our house tradition when I was growing up, it made the anticipation all the better.

A person I visited today informed me his neighbour has his Christmas lights on now
shocked003.gif

I am determined to keep my Christmas preperations till the last fortnight before Christmas and use my energies for more important things. Ba Humbug!

December is the earliest for me. I love christmas when it comes but when the build up starts too early i'm fed up of it by the time it comes. The thought of walking round the shops with "merry christmas eveyone" blaring out, does not fill me with goodwill to all men.

Along with music - when is it too early to say M***y Ch******as???
QVC have promos on with presenters wishing everyone a very m...... chr......
Surely too early - yes shopping channels have to start bit earlier etc as they cant continue selling right up to Christmas Eve for pressies but beginning Novemeber to wish us a m.... chr......

I just cant say it yet.

Music - December

Mollymoo

NOW.

I love Christmas, it is my fav time of the year, everything sparkles and twinkles but I do think that shops etc should NOT put out the deccies and sale-able stuff til the 1st of December, Christmas songs should be only played Christams week.

I couldn't agree more!

I used to be the worst offender - Decorations and real tree first weekend in December. We would play my new Christmas CD and eat the first of many home baked Christmas pies of the season and my OH would make the mulled wine. Since my OH died, I go through the motions for the sake of my two but usually do it the week before Christmas. If I hear Christmas music before the week before it's a teeth grinding moment or else I'd have a huge lump in my throat. Bah humbug indeed.

Can't even begin to imagine how awful it must be for you. :heart:

How did you guess Eva, lol.. But ive got to leave some room for the tin of Quality Street/Celebrations! :cheeky: xx

Strangely enough my Bah Humbug goes out the window if choccys are in the offing!. All the posts re-Thorntons offers means I have a wee nest egg and my son always takes in a tin of Roses for "emergencies":happy:

P.S. Didn't mean to be a party pooper re Christmas yesterday - I have a lot to be thankful for and if I enjoyed every minute of Christmas starting on Dec 1st. Cancelled my "pity party for 1" booking. x

Last edited:
Went out for a meal last night and they had bl***y decorations and a christmas tree in the pub. Bah humbug from me too!!!

Strangely enough my Bah Humbug goes out the window if choccys are in the offing!. All the posts re-Thorntons offers means I have a wee nest egg and my son always takes in a tin of Roses for "emergencies":happy:

P.S. Didn't mean to be a party pooper re Christmas yesterday - I have a lot to be thankful for and if I enjoyed every minute of Christmas starting on Dec 1st. Cancelled my "pity party for 1" booking. x

If it's choccie time, that's all year round for me!!

Aww, Hun, I didn't read it like a "pity party for 1", (I doubt anyone else did either) I thought you were just telling it like it is for you.

My Gran (who ran our house and looked after me an my brother for our formative years, so was the main parent to all of us IYKWIM) died on my parent's 49th wedding anniversary - we didn't do a lot of celebrating the following year (although we had intended to ....). So I understand why you don't exactly feel like doing more than going through the motions.

hugs
ms xxxxx

What about the poor people who work in shops? If I had to endure Christmas music from the start of November then I would have gone crazy by the time Christmas came.

What about the poor people who work in shops? If I had to endure Christmas music from the start of November then I would have gone crazy by the time Christmas came.

I think that would be razor blades at dawn if it was me! My idea of job hell would be an assistant in M&S food hall on Christmas Eve! I'd be hoping Santa sent me vouchers for a looooooooooooooooooong stay in the Priory:grin:

One week before christmas is enough thank you.

I swear walking through the shops with the music playing makes me want to beat passers by to death. A hint of Little Drummer Boy turns me into a would be serial killer.

its the so called christmas record (which if you listen to the words, has nothing to do with christmas!) argos are using for their present christmas assault - i hate that specific record with a vengance! it brings back such awful memories of the particular christmas it came out in - i just cant stand the tune, oh and christmas 1990 - that was fun - not - but i dont remember the christmas song that came out then as i was in europe. xxxxx:flower:

Latest posts

Back