Milano Charms on Ebay!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Flippin' heck someone's quick off the mark - Milano Charms on Ebay already! Prices range from £30 for Big Ben to £38 for the Eiffel Tower!

I'm surprised they're allowed to use Rocks' graphics but I assume they asked permission first.

The same seller is also selling loads of other Rocks jewellery!

Very strange Gemcherub - well spotted!

The only thing I can think of is that the person selling the ring doesn't actually own it yet and are intending to buy it if they get a buyer on Ebay? That way they'd be making a quick £300+ no risk profit as wouldn't be splashing the cash before getting payment for it. Meantime, if the ring sells they can simply take it off Ebay.

Could be risky though as I see they are offering a 30 day money back guarantee!

I don't know Gemcherub, I wasn't trying to stir anything up, just commenting on the speed in which someone got the charms and got them on Ebay that's all I PROMISE!!

Ooooo this is sooooooooo French! Whoops? What have I said?

I'm just wondering is it Rocks putting stuff on E-Bay themselves?
I dont go on E-Bay personally so is this a stupid thought

I doubt it's rocks themselves since they're not likely to be calling themselves christine's emporium....how strange. No crime against selling things you've bought but surely not legal to sell something you don't actually own? Personally I find it scary enough buying something expensive off the Internet, and wouldn't go buying a four grand ring off eBay unless I could be sure I could trust the seller. Certainly wouldn't trust this one!

The seller is actually offering a 14 day mbg..NOT 30 .. & given that rocks also let you keep items in your basket for 10 days BEFORE checking out....the seller is covered either way. Their only outlay is a couple of ££ for listing fees. Not bad for a potential £300+ return. Although in the long term. I am sure Rocks would get fed up with someone continually clicking 'buy' but not checking items out.

I dont think Rocks themselves would bother with listing individual items. Too much hassle to keep track of etc.

Methinks its simply someone who has seen an opportunity. There has been rocks stuff available on fleabay for ages.

Given that the lorique items are limited, it isnt rocket science for Rocks themselves to figure out who the buyer/seller is & act if neccesary. BUTTTT to be fair....whatever someone chooses to do with their items once its bought & paid for is their business.

All is fair in business & chocolate wars!

The seller is actually offering a 14 day mbg..NOT 30 .. & given that rocks also let you keep items in your basket for 10 days BEFORE checking out....the seller is covered either way. Their only outlay is a couple of ££ for listing fees. Not bad for a potential £300+ return. Although in the long term. I am sure Rocks would get fed up with someone continually clicking 'buy' but not checking items out.

I dont think Rocks themselves would bother with listing individual items. Too much hassle to keep track of etc.

Methinks its simply someone who has seen an opportunity. There has been rocks stuff available on fleabay for ages.

Given that the lorique items are limited, it isnt rocket science for Rocks themselves to figure out who the buyer/seller is & act if neccesary. BUTTTT to be fair....whatever someone chooses to do with their items once its bought & paid for is their business.

Apologies, my mistake. Knew I should have gone to Specsavers!!

Can everyone please note I am in no way criticising this seller. I purely pointed out that they were very quick at getting the charms home and on Ebay when they only arrived the other day! It's absolutely none of my business what or how they sell and as Mothy points out, once bought and paid for it's up to an individual what they do with an item.

Wish I had never started this thread and I will ask Graham to close it now.

But both the Lorique items are still for sale on Rocks/CR, they don't say "sold out" so it does look like this Ebayer has not actually bought them yet.

My point was the Lorique ring is not bought and paid for or even in a basket as its still available to buy on CR!

Yep and this is a violation of Ebay listings - hence I've reported both items.

You know if people want to buy from Rocks and sell on Ebay then fine. No problem. However, when they're trying to deceive like this it's not good. For example, if you didn't know and wanted to ask a question about the item, how reliable is the answer going to be? It's not. They will only know what the details say. If you buy from Rocks they can answer any and all queries.

My particular bug bear with the person (if it's who I think it is), is that they are a complete and utter fantasist! One minute they're a gemologist (who buys from Rocks and Co and sells on Ebay???????), the next they're a buyer etc etc. It's all bollox and to be quite frank I HATE liars with a passion. Why go on the net and pretend to be something you're not? Stupid.

Last edited:
Yep and this is a violation of Ebay listings - hence I've reported both items.

You know if people want to buy from Rocks and sell on Ebay then fine. No problem. However, when they're trying to deceive like this it's not good. For example, if you didn't know and wanted to ask a question about the item, how reliable is the answer going to be? It's not. They will only know what the details say. If you buy from Rocks they can answer any and all queries.

My particular bug bear with the person (if it's who I think it is), is that they are a complete and utter fantasist! One minute they're a gemologist (who buys from Rocks and Co and sells on Ebay???????), the next they're a buyer etc etc. It's all bollox and to be quite frank I HATE liars with a passion. Why go on the net and pretend to be something you're not? Stupid.

I think I know who you are thinking of (they drive me insane) and in this case I don't think it is them. I have looked at the list of items they have for sale and most are not items I have seen them buy and I have seen them buy many things!! Also the location doesn't match the two areas they say they are based in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back