Postage from the US...possible TSV avenue!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
Some lovely lady posted the name of a website that forwards mail from the US, anyone remember what it was? I'm just thinking of TSV's (especially Smashbox and LG for me) which are always better and cheaper in the US than they are here. Even the extra postage might make them worth it.

Tx

its not just the postage, there will be vat and or duty, also the gpo make a handling charge. I looked into it a while ago and decided it was way too expensive

Some lovely lady posted the name of a website that forwards mail from the US, anyone remember what it was? I'm just thinking of TSV's (especially Smashbox and LG for me) which are always better and cheaper in the US than they are here. Even the extra postage might make them worth it.

Tx
It is www.bundlebox.com

Yes, you will have to pay the sales tax to where ever collects it for you in the US. So it will depend on where the company acting as go between is based how much it will be. Each state has their own sales tax, so all different.

Any items over £18 are due for Customs and VAT when they reach the UK.
The post office also charge for collecting the money on behalf of the Customs as well.

Dont think QVC US let you order unless your card is registered in the US .

xxx

You can order from QVC US with UK cards.

Last year I went to New York for a break and ordered my gear from QVC/Smashbox and got it delivered to the hotel. (I called beforehand to confirm that this would be okay.) Most of my shopping was done before I even got on the plane. :blush:

I got some great bargains but I did have to do the walk of shame from reception to my room with all my boxes. Still, on the plus side, some of my supersizes are still going strong.

I can't solve the duty issue though. :sad:

I don't understand how your card was accaepted MTM as I tried to order online with QVC US using my UK credit card (I tried several just in case some worked and some didn't) but they don't accept payment that way, I even sent them an email about it and their CS dept confirmed that they didn't accept UK cards. I had a US address all set up via one of the forwarding sites but didn't want to use their personal shopper service as their charges are very expensive. How did you pay QVC MTM, was it over the phone?? :pPC:

I don't understand how your card was accaepted MTM as I tried to order online with QVC US using my UK credit card (I tried several just in case some worked and some didn't) but they don't accept payment that way, I even sent them an email about it and their CS dept confirmed that they didn't accept UK cards. I had a US address all set up via one of the forwarding sites but didn't want to use their personal shopper service as their charges are very expensive. How did you pay QVC MTM, was it over the phone?? :pPC:

Hi Pinkpussycat,

I've just checked my QVC.com account and I have two Visa cards registered. One is a debit card and one is a credit card. I managed to do this online - no phone calls at all.

Bizarre.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps they've become more stringent about this. I started ordering from QVC.com in 2007.

Yes perhaps they have MTM, shame because the US site has some gorgeous jewellery on it. :pPC:

ooh thanks for the addy!!! there were some shoes on amazon this summer that i would have happily killed for (and even with the tax they were extremely cheap!!!). clarks are really funky in the states, well when compared to clarks Belgium anyway lol guess i know what i am getting for crimbo this year lol

woohoo hello QVC US lol just had a deeper look at the bundlebox site and if a place wont accept ur card they will purchase it for you for a 5% charge. cheaper than the place in brussels that will ship in Argos stuff for 15% lol

Last edited:
I would love to be able to buy the honora items available on qvc.us, having read the bundlebox site though, it seems to say they won't ship 'gemstones' along with a load of other items due to insurance costs or something like that?:envy:

Shame. I need to find an american friend who could do custom purchases for me. They have so much more choice on their site!

£10 off first Bundlebox order

You'll need to register on the News of the World 'Captain Cash' website to get the offer.

More info here:
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/captain_cash/598054/Let-Bundle-Box-make-it-easy-for-you-to-goods-from-America-with-pound10-off.html

I've signed up, but I'm biding my time as sometimes Sephora send out money-off vouchers between now and Christmas. I've got a code, but I think I have a few months in which to redeem it.

Make sure you make a note of the code as it doesn't seem to display again when you return to the promo page (listed above) and log-in.

I have tried for years to buy from QVCUS and send the parcels to my sister, who would forward them on. For at least the past 8 years they have told me that the card must have a US billing address as well as shipping address. So, well done MTM!
Amazon US has been no problem to have things sent directly to the UK.

I have bought from Amazon.com the US branch with no problems. Usually DVDs as boxsets come out there first and are always cheaper. My player is unlocked so plays everything.

Latest posts

Back