On air Liz Earle New Essence

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Green and Black was bought by cadbury schweppes ages ago. Haven't touched the stuff since as I boycott all Cadbury confectionery.

They put milk in their previously vegan drinking chocolate now as well, grumble.

I used have the divine drinking chocolate with rice milk but I had to stop as it became so sweet I couldn't drink it. No need for adding milk to the product, dolts!

:dbt:

i in the main think it smells like diorella. but its similar to christalle and a dozen other frgarnces according to other reviwers.
its a shame i would not have though that liz earle would have had to piggy bank anather fragrance and blatantly use it as her own.
it is nice though one of my faves!

It reminds me of Eau Dynamissante.

As there are so many different fragrances around is it possible to come up with something that's not like an existing one to some degree, especially for uneducated punters like me? It has been compared to a number of different fragrances on here so does that mean they are copies of each other?

Is this a bit like wine tasting in that an expert can pick out lots of different elements but plebs like me just form a general impression of something?

There are very few perfumes which are truly original, and most of them were created long ago. Given all the IFRA restrictions on aromachemicals, the perfumer's palette is limited and new scents DO tend to resemble existing ones. The new Guerlain Idylle could easily be mistaken for Narciso Rodrigues for Her, or Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely. A Scent by Kenzo, recently released, isn't a mile away from the dry green Chanels like Cristalle and No. 19. I doubt very much if Liz Earle's nose (perfume designer) was trying to make a dupe of Diorella; it's more likely that the aim was to create something green and unsweet, which is a family of scents.

i agree but to make an exact copy of a relatively famous niche perfume and the press (who should know better) are heralding as something unique etc is fake.
reminds me of the emporers new clothes and sorry it did not take 3 years to make it all she had to do was bottle christalle or diorella which are indeed made in france..... dozens of years ago.

liz has in her reportoire of popular skincare and general beauty products some lovely smells maybe not as fantastic as a chanel one but liz earle to be fair is not the house of chanel or even dior.:confused2:

I do get a tad fed-up with LE belting on about how her scent has essential oils in like no other brand does, um she should do her homework, Dolma does and their perfumes are truly original.

BTW G&B chocolate is pants now Cadburys got their paws on it & shoved in milk products, but then again once you've sampled Montezuma there's no turning back.....

So which perfume have they copied? Lots of different ones have been mentioned on here but which is the one (so I can try it if I get chance!)?

i'll plump for diorella by chritian dior maybe christalle by chanel.
it is lovely just very cologne like the origional french perfumes used to be dry petit grain..

The problem is the main stream designer brands who have fragrances are owned by companies who want to make money fast. They have no interest in bringing out the avant garde or different. If a soft amber sells well from one brand the rest will bring out their version.

Lovely SJP is a copy of Bonne Bell Musk from the 70's. Everyone on the perfume boards thinks so. Tova is a copy of China Rain another US brand out for many years.

There are some perfumers who will step outside the box niche brands you will not find in the main department stores.

Le Labo from Libertys
Ormonde Jayne have their own website and store in Old Bond Street. Linda creates her own perfumes. She was the first to use champaca a stream rice like note in her fragrance. SpaceNK have copied it in their Champaca.
Her Ormond Woman is fabulous dark and earthy using Black Hemlock.

Serge Lutens especially the Paris exclusives his perfumer is Christopher Sheldrake who now also works with Chanel.
His Muscs Koublai Khan is the musk to bitch slap all those wishy washey musks into dust. Wild animal sex. The camel driver who has washed his arm pits in weeks.

i agree but to make an exact copy of a relatively famous niche perfume and the press (who should know better) are heralding as something unique etc is fake.

How do you know it's an 'exact copy'? Have you got the formula? Are you an expert nose? It may smell identical to you, but perfumes almost always smell differently to different people. To someone else, it may smell nothing at all like Diorella, and fairly similar to, say, Clarins Eau Dynamisante (as several people have mentioned), which are not smell-a-likes by any means. In any case, you've mentioned several perfumes that LE. No. 1 might be copies of, so presumably it's not actually identical to any of them.

I doubt if there's a perfume released in the last ten years that hasn't been similar to something that's gone before it, but all are trumpeted in the glossy magazines as unique and special. Why pick on Liz Earle? Why on earth accuse her of ripping off someone else's formula and claiming it as her own - solely on the basis that you think it smells a bit the same?

And if you genuinely do believe that it smells just like a Dior or Chanel, why on earth would you not be pleased that you have the opportunity to buy it at considerably less than the cost of the original?

alright all that glitters i am deeply humbled by your lambastic kick in the teeth. i shall be more quiet in my views in case you think i am posting a comment that disturbs you....NOT!!

NO I AM NOT A NOSE. I AM JUST A HUMBLE FORUM MEMBER WHO NOTICED AMONG MANY OTHERS THAT THE LIZ EARLE EDP NO.1 SMELT LIKE DIORELLA.
SHOOT ME NOW.:tongue2:

the clarins scent smells in my humblest opinion smells nothing like liz earles or diorella or christalle.
i actually dont like eau dynamisante but like all the others very much.

not being a great nose or anything and not directly quoting from some well known perfume sites.

we all know that companies copy each other all the time and a designer can and does get ripped off all the time. placing a button in a different way on say a cardigan all of a sudden can make it unique but we all know it isnt.

maybe liz's perfume may have a tiny ingredient missingor added but to all intense and purposes it does smell to make naked old nose like diorella and christalle.

oh and its not cheap enough to buy it as a copy. £20 yes. £40 no.:rock:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned on here and I've missed it - but if you order from the LE website she's sending out small sample phials of the fragrance as the 'freebie' at the moment. I had mine this morning - and I have to say that I absolutely love it! To me it smells lovely and 'relaxes' into a really subtle perfume on my skin. The acid test was my mother - who absolutely loathes perfume of any kind with a passion, she took one whiff of it and pronounced it delightful. I really would have to save up to buy it for myself, but I am very tempted - and I'd been sceptical after reading reviews on Le Q and on here.

Latest posts

Back