Guess the Gemstone!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
So ............ what are these "hand picked" specimens?

Attachments

• Rocks and co guess the stone.jpg
    Rocks and co guess the stone.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 266
  • Rocks and co guess the stone1.jpg
    Rocks and co guess the stone1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Rocks and co guess the stone2.jpg
    Rocks and co guess the stone2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 251
  • Rocks and co guess the stone3.jpg
    Rocks and co guess the stone3.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 237
  • Rocks and co guess the stone4.jpg
    Rocks and co guess the stone4.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 234
Well, I'm assuming by the title Meeshoo, that they're supposed to be some kind of coloured gemstone? Judging from the photos tho', I'd say white sapphire, zircon or possibly diamond :lol: Are you going to tell us they're much sought after, top quality Paraiba?

Keep the guesses coming! I love this!!! :giggle: I promise to reveal all after a few more guesses.

Again...a hint of a tint?

Well as John is presenting rubies right now and it clearly ain't him modelling these 'delightful' pieces....we can rule them out! :tongue2:

So my choice would be their wonderfully exceptional, rare, highly saturated and expensive Paraiba Tourmaline?

Or on the other hand...........the bluest of blue Aquamarine???

Oh goodie, i love a good game.

I am gonna go with...............Tourmaline or zircon or Kunzite.

I will be a monkeys Uncle if they are diamonds.

My guess would be PT, closely followed by aquamarine. I think it must be catching because I've just watched Fiona on Gems try to flog off the most wishy-washy, windowed PT ring for £669. It didn't sell, but as usual she told 'everybody to stay on the line!' as if people were queuing up to buy it, but for some inexplicable reason had failed to press button 1/3 before the time ran out.

Paraiba?

(Those earrings are an exceptionally pretty design; I'd buy them if they came in a decent gemstone!)

You clever gemstone peeps!

Okey dokey - time to put you out of your misery!

Yes, this is being sold as "Paraiba Tourmaline"! It's got to be some of the worst I've ever seen. Some of these pieces weren't even a hint of a tint of Paraiba!!!

Not quite neon are they? :giggle:

Attachments

• Rocks and co awful paraiba.jpg
    Rocks and co awful paraiba.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Rocks and co awful paraiba1.jpg
    Rocks and co awful paraiba1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 203
  • Rocks and co awful paraiba2.jpg
    Rocks and co awful paraiba2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Rocks and co awful paraiba3.jpg
    Rocks and co awful paraiba3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Rocks and co awful paraiba4.jpg
    Rocks and co awful paraiba4.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 201
If I hadn't actually seen these myself I'd have thought you'd posted in the wrong section Meeshoo! I'd have guessed they were Gems TV's new fake diamonds from China!! Mind you, after reading the posts about them I think they're probably much nicer than this carp! I feel so sorry for any poor innocent viewers buying any of this junk and thinking they have some wonderful piece of rare, rare, rare Paraiba!

Can it even be classed as paraiba in such pastel shades? My understanding is that there is a certain colour range to qualify. Is that right?

Can it even be classed as paraiba in such pastel shades? My understanding is that there is a certain colour range to qualify. Is that right?

Good question. First and foremost, to be classified as a Paraiba Tourmaline, the chemical make up must be correct. So if it doesn't have copper etc etc., it can't be called a Paraiba Tourmaline.

BUT that's not the end of the story. Paraiba Tourmalines are classified by colour also. In order to be a true "Paraiba Tourmaline" the gemstone MUST have a certain tone/saturation and also neon-ness. In other words, unless it's bright, vibrant and neon, it'd be difficult to classify it as a Paraiba Tourmaline.

So, bearing that in mind, do you think the shoddy gemstones pictured above qualify? No.

To make matters worse(!) look at the attached - this is what Rocks and Co say on their own website.

Attachments

• Rocks and Co Paraiba definition.jpg
    Rocks and Co Paraiba definition.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 203
You clever gemstone peeps!

Okey dokey - time to put you out of your misery!

Yes, this is being sold as "Paraiba Tourmaline"! It's got to be some of the worst I've ever seen. Some of these pieces weren't even a hint of a tint of Paraiba!!!

Not quite neon are they? :giggle:

I think that is the funniest thing about gemstones ever.
Totally disgraceful of course but very very funny.
Lord I hope no-one bought them.

Latest posts

Back