Change in QVC sales policy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's really weird when the page is loading i can see it for a second but then it goes.

Still can't see it?????

How weird! It's there when I look :confused:

I've cut and pasted, so hope this works!

What's an ‘As is’ product?

‘As is’ products are products which are not in their original manufactured condition or packaging. Our ‘As is’ products may be returns from other customers, or come from discounted ranges.

On occasions we will repackage ‘As is’ products.

A product's original manufacturer warranty no longer applies when it becomes an ‘As is’ product.

Our standard customer returns policy continues to apply to all ‘As is’ products.

They have this on QVC US too, I think.

Years ago there used to be a QVC magazine called 'The Insider'. You could subscribe to it and they had a section in it of bargains, among which were the 'as is' products. They were extra bargains that never went to air but were available for those in the know (or mad enough to subscribe, like me!!!). I never bought any but they were good bargains. I think they were probably ex-demo items.

Hope that helped!

I wonder what sort of items might be included.

I would have thought health and beauty would be out due to hygeine issues.

Electronics I would not touch with a bargepole as I wouldn't want the risk of an expensive piece of equipment giving up the ghost and not being covered under the manufacturers warranty.

Jewellery - possibly, since they can steam clean it (wouldn't be surprised if they do this already and just don't admit it.....!).

Food - no.

Clothing - wouldn't fancy that.

Plants - couldn't survive being continually reposted.

What does that leave?

Years ago there used to be a QVC magazine called 'The Insider'. You could subscribe to it and they had a section in it of bargains, among which were the 'as is' products. They were extra bargains that never went to air but were available for those in the know (or mad enough to subscribe, like me!!!). I never bought any but they were good bargains. I think they were probably ex-demo items.

Hope that helped!

Oh, I remember that and yes, there were some good bargains. Think I ordered at least a couple but can't for the life of me remember what they were! Can't say I remember the 'as is' section though but perhaps I was too keen on reading the gossipy-type articles..........!! ;)

How odd, why would you want to do this with 2 outlet shops? I wonder with things being tight if they trying to reduce overheads I have just been to Warrington and the items were really old, nothing new. At least if you get stuff at the shop you can look at it before you buy and there is no postage. Lots of items are damaged slightly and a lot of the electrical goods have been fixed and tested. Wouldn't like to take a chance over the web.

Maybe they've had a warning about sending out items that have been returned to other customers and selling them as 'new'?:confused:

Well spotted although I can't see it on any of the links. These would have to be clearly marked and sold separately from new/perfect items or it would be breaking the law. Love to see the presenters trying to put a spin on the dog ends this conjures up.
"And for all of you who waited too long to make up your minds take a chance on these "As is Items" you can hardly tell the difference honestly and it is only fair to charge more for postage as everything is already damaged so they don't totally fall apart before you get them" Huge grin and sincere expression comin at ya from the goggle box. No thanks.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back