Change in QVC sales policy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AS is usually reduced items bought as seen in a shop and you cannot return them because they are reduced

I don't believe there is any provision in consumer law for this restriction, i.e. even if it's been around the block it must still be fit for purpose, surely? Or is there an implied disclaimer that 'this item has no purpose'??

The way this has been done by QVC seems a bit cloak and dagger which is worrying,still don't understand why some off us can't see the notice.

I don't believe there is any provision in consumer law for this restriction, i.e. even if it's been around the block it must still be fit for purpose, surely? Or is there an implied disclaimer that 'this item has no purpose'??

If it is faulty you can return it. But if it has a mark etc on the product and you know it is there, the shop will point out you are getting this reduced because of A or B therefore not returnable.

This has happened to me, infact last month. I bought a trenchcoat/shower coat and spotted a mark on the sleeve, it was the only one in that colour in my size. I said at the till about the mark, it was very small by the way. So I was offered the coat at a reduced price but told I could not return it.

Only in this country would people buy a rain coat in the middle of summer :)

It was causing probs with the forum so it's gone now,think it had bugs.

I wonder what sort of items might be included.

Jewellery - possibly, since they can steam clean it (wouldn't be surprised if they do this already and just don't admit it.....!).

What does that leave?

I once heard one of the presenters (I think it was Simon Biagi) say that earrings that were sent back went into an autoclave, which made me think that they MUST be sending them back out again....

Think Cleopatra nailed it in one. "Things being tight."

Years ago I heard a guest pronounce he/she had great faith in the quality of the product because QVC's ruling is that all returns should go the manufacturer. Think it has something on that line in the FAQ on Do you want to sell on QVC? May not be there now.

If that is so doubtless suppliers may be denying deals to QVC as the cost cutting exercise alone cripples producers unless they have volume.

Could be a way of counteracting the type of complaint voiced frequently on here about returns being recirculated.

Latest posts

Back